AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh :D I had the same idea in mind, iloveics nice to see what the finish looks like even if its not mines AWSOME JOB!!! To add my cm.028s is up and running again thanks to a new gearbox and special thanks to Plasticmag for the part I needed for my broken folding stock. I might just keep it as is but with a MBK, I was thinking KA AK47S MBK.

iloveics, what did you do to your magazine to look that way? What brand is it? I honestly think the rifle looks pretty good.

its a MAG AKM style midcap. not sure what he did to it, but you could probably get a decent bakelite effect with some red-ish varnish and a rough paintbrush.

iloveics, what did you do to your magazine to look that way? What brand is it? I honestly think the rifle looks pretty good.

Yes it is a MAG Mid cap.

I krylon'd it black, then used wire wool to remove most of it. Then I used red wood stain and let it dry. :D

Looks brutal and awsome! i know this isint the finish the Real one has the yare moore glossy but i perosnally think this look alot better :D

How is the gearbox and stuff i heard it was not so good?

Haha thanks, well I didn't open the gearbox yet, "never touch a running system".

With my next order, I will ourder some acm tuning stuff, and then I'll open it.

Looks brutal and awsome! i know this isint the finish the Real one has the yare moore glossy but i perosnally think this look alot better :D

How is the gearbox and stuff i heard it was not so good?

I really, really hate the glossy finish on AKs. I know it's realistic, but it's a massive turn-off for me. A KALASHNIKOV SHOULD NOT BE SHINY. EVER. THEY ARE DIRTY. DIRTY AND ROUGH. TAKE YOUR SHINE ELSEWHERE.

Incidentally I plan at some point to buy a CYMA AKS74U, take it apart and throw the body and grips into a tumble drier with a lot of steel wool to get that "Beaten the *fruitcage* up" look.

and frxharry, the battery will still go under the top cover and in the gas tube. not sure if the full length 74s have full gas tubes or just half ones like on my AKSU, but if its a half gas tube guinness can still always use a bit of black electrical tape to help reduce the battery visibility

I asked because he used the RS gas tube, which of course is full, but doesn't fit a battery. But obviously, the space under the top cover and in the gas block still is big enough for a stick battery.

Actually guys I may be confusing the question but,

The RS gas tube is hollow, being a gas tube :D

And second, the design of the D-Doys gas block means it is closed at the forward side.

and third, the stick battery is the same one from the AKS74u, so it doesn't go past the gas block area anyway.

Slainte!

Just saw this thought I'd share.

Please pay no attention to the stuff on this pic, except for the AKS Folding Stock Bulgarian Style. I may have to put this on my CM.028S heh :D . I think it looks AWSOME!

EDIT: Dang! pic didn't work ...well just go here.

Edited by FriendlyFire!