AK & Variants Picture Thread

Picture request! I'm trying to decide what color mags to buy for my VFC AK74SU: Brown, or black. It would be easy if they were different mag deals, but they are both MAG 100 rounders in a 5-er box. So I'm not sure which to buy.

So I'm looking for a picture of an AK74SU with both the brown mag and the black mag of the same body (meaning not the standard AK47 mag). If I can't have both, then just a picture of the SU with a black mag would be nice :) Thanks! (flat on the side if I could :D )

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was being sarcastic, I like all sorts of AK's, and really that's just a black AK.

not a railraped ak.

That's what I wanted to show: You don't need to rape an AK with rails and the like in order to add some usefull "tacticool" stuff to it. And I know that a lot on that AKSU is incorrect, but imho the additions show some taste (certainly more than an AK-47 with the furniture sprayed black and truckload of rails added to it).

eotech and ak = kitten rape on epic proportions

R

Fixed

Picture request! I'm trying to decide what color mags to buy for my VFC AK74SU: Brown, or black. It would be easy if they were different mag deals, but they are both MAG 100 rounders in a 5-er box. So I'm not sure which to buy.

So I'm looking for a picture of an AK74SU with both the brown mag and the black mag of the same body (meaning not the standard AK47 mag). If I can't have both, then just a picture of the SU with a black mag would be nice :) Thanks! (flat on the side if I could :D )

Here is a good comparison photo i did a while ago, also MAG dont do black. Its actually plum which looks like black

siggy-2.jpg

I'm looking to build an ak, and here is what I have so far

-Dboy's AKS74

-ACM AIM Grip

-ACM AIMS Stock

will these be drop in fits on the Dboy?

Also, would it be classified as a Romanian AKS74?

edit- Could anyone measure an AIMS from the end of the stock to the fore grip?

thanks

Edited by Bronco5150

It would be close to a AIMS74, however i dought the ACM parts will fit as there made for Marui AKs (totally different build)

Instead of a dboys AKS74 get the cyma AKM, much more easier to make into a AIMS and more accurate to it (well as you can get for doing it on the cheap, GRIM! paid loads for his and it doesn’t have the right markings :P )

Edit: And thanks for not being another ris rapist and asking something like "If i use these RIS handguards on my AK will i be able to attach my washing machine to it?" :P

Edited by Fin
It would be close to a AIMS74, however i dought the ACM parts will fit as there made for Marui AKs (totally different build)

Instead of a dboys AKS74 get the cyma AKM, much more easier to make into a AIMS and more accurate to it (well as you can get for doing it on the cheap, GRIM! paid loads for his and it doesn’t have the right markings :P )

Edit: And thanks for not being another ris rapist and asking something like "If i use these RIS handguards on my AK will i be able to attach my washing machine to it?" :P

I would really like to base it off of the AKS74 as I don't want to rewire the CYMA, but I'd use the CYMA as a base if I felt utterly compelled to do so

And a question, Jebus, I think posted his AIMS 74 50 or so pages back, and he used the ACM parts on a CM.031, which is a different build then the TM.

EDIT: Will the ACM parts fit the CYMA.036 (AKM) better?

Edited by Bronco5150

The cyma AK i think will be easier to work from because using the dboys AKS i cant see it being too easy to change that folding stock to the Romanian type as most of the back of the AKS receiver will go with the stock. Remember the ACM Romanian stock needs a full stock receiver to go on

I have a slight problem with my brand new CYMA AK-74 and I was wondering if you AK lovers could help me out.

So I received and I had ordered an AK mount base a gunnerairsoft.com with it. So i removed the 3 screws you had to remove to put on the mount and when I was finished with that i realized that the selector switch was wobbling all over the place, it can do a 360 degree. Another thing is that it separated like half a centimeter from the body which would explain the woblyness. All of this happened right after I removed the 2 screws under the body near the handguard and the rear sight screw. I tried putting those screws back in the hope that it would work again but it did not.

To top it of Automatic does not work anymore.

Anyway if you can help me out in any way whatsoever il be in you're debt.

Il probably make a topic about this but I just wanted to check if you guys knew a fix.

Thanks in advance.

The cyma AK i think will be easier to work from because using the dboys AKS i cant see it being too easy to change that folding stock to the Romanian type as most of the back of the AKS receiver will go with the stock. Remember the ACM Romanian stock needs a full stock receiver to go on

Will the CYMA take the wood kit better?

no :P

btw guys, will vfc be selling parts from thier galil kits separeately? ie, stock, pistolgrip, etc?

R

my_plague_666 speaking here, FYI its inokatsu that do the galil kits. and im not sure if they do separate parts for that kit. the pistol grip you should be able to make with some epoxy and an AK74 grip though.

and just to keep combat_womble happy by following the tradtition... YEEDYIDYIDYID!

done alot of working on this still not finished but its sooo much better than it was.

Cyma ak74su. Still nee to get some proper mags.

m4ptw022.jpg

m4ptw021.jpg

m4ptw019.jpg

edit# in case you wondered. no there not wood grips there the crappy plastic ones it comes with but thanks to guiness's guid to weathering they look awesome!

Edited by 1st_shooter
I have a slight problem with my brand new CYMA AK-74 and I was wondering if you AK lovers could help me out.

So I received and I had ordered an AK mount base a gunnerairsoft.com with it. So i removed the 3 screws you had to remove to put on the mount and when I was finished with that i realized that the selector switch was wobbling all over the place, it can do a 360 degree. Another thing is that it separated like half a centimeter from the body which would explain the woblyness. All of this happened right after I removed the 2 screws under the body near the handguard and the rear sight screw. I tried putting those screws back in the hope that it would work again but it did not.

To top it of Automatic does not work anymore.

Anyway if you can help me out in any way whatsoever il be in you're debt.

Il probably make a topic about this but I just wanted to check if you guys knew a fix.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a cap on the axis of the selector switch? If there is, pry it off with a small flathead screw driver and see if the screw underneath the cap is loose. That should fix it.