AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same as Neoptolemus : good job done here with this bulgarian AKSU :) (yes, 7.62 AKSU does exist, it's bulgarian)

MrBlanks,

The real one is available at Tantal :

BP-01 High mount (MTK-83) AK scope bracket, matte black finish $34.95 (+ $6.50 shipping)

To place an order, you have to send Doug an e-mail (tantal@sbcglobal.net).

Is there a cap on the axis of the selector switch? If there is, pry it off with a small flathead screw driver and see if the screw underneath the cap is loose. That should fix it.

Oh yeah thanks. I did not realize you could pry off the top, thanks for that it seems to be working fine now. :D

I dont know why but tactical AK47 just looks od and weird but a tactical AKM looks way better. Im thinking if building a Tacical ACM AKM in the future

Cyma AKM

Cranestock

(dont know the name of the product) a rail that goes over the dustcover that King Arms or was it Land Arms made a copy of

RIS lower handguard w stick and small covers

Wood upperhandguard to get a cool ocntrast between fancy RIS stuff and good old AK

Also short down the barrel like PMC's

so i took my AK74 to the skirmish today, and it got a bit dirty, it now looks like something you could find in Chechnya.

img1197pb2.jpg

img1196ml0.jpg

img1191zl0.jpg

so what do you think? All mud was applied through natural usage of the weapon.

Edited by Jaager
I wants a Beryl sooooooooo bad.... But I am pretty sure you would need specialized parts, and fabricating them is out of the question for me... Plus I don't have an AK yet, that TM AK74 does look nice though, maybe its time to get one... Anyone here have a beryl?

jonboy has had three, i think. fence has another. two others i can't remember has them too. and i did a mini beryl. you can order the RS parts from fence if you want to. look for the old beryl thread in the projects sub forum.

@fin: how about an M4 PIP:

m4PIPFinPNG.png:D

:assassin:

Edited by zentaurus

erm yeah... well back to AK pictures eh? :P

Took some steel-wool to my DBoyi AKS74 this afternoon, also roughed up and distressed the front grip, then the usual aging technique

DBoyiAKS74Aged5_sml.png

DBoyiAKS74Aged6_sml.png

DBoyiAKS74Aged2_sml.png

DBoyiAKS74Aged7_sml.png

I still need to get some varnish on the magazines-

Slainte!

GRIM! How could you?!? I thought you were on the side of purity and not of the confused armalite fans in disguise? Traitor!

zentaurus that thing will make me cry for as long as i live :(

Jaager: Your idea is so getting copied, looks awesome

Guinness: Win as usual :P

Edited by Fin
GRIM! How could you?!? I thought you were on the side of purity and not of the confused armalite fans in disguise? Traitor!

zentaurus that thing will make me cry for as long as i live :(

Jaager: Your idea is so getting copied, looks awesome

Guinness: Win as usual :P

Thank you, thank you :D

Slainte!

nice work guinness. the wood is looking awesome, not wonderfully authentic as the russians used dark red plywood (that looks like a solid lump to me) but it still looks great and is a great improvment on the Dboys' frankly plasticy looking wood.

as for varnishing the mag, i'd buy a couple of boxes of MAG midcaps first. a. because theyre cheap, effective mids. and b. because theyre more authentic that that hicap, since the reinforcement ridges at the front didnt appear until plum was starting to be used.

i still say you should make the finish on the heatsheild and semi gloss parts match up with the gloss effect of the reciver. after that heavily weather the lot, get a soviet tourniquet, make the tourniquet look nice and used then wrap it around the stock for a custom soviet afghan style gun :)