AK & Variants Picture Thread

Well I'm talking about the folding stock version, not the solid stock...

Then you would have to change the receiver. The AKMS has an underfolding stock whilst the AKS-74 is sidefolder.

Lasers = Not permitted at most sites

Scopes Sometimes useful for snipers, seeing father than you can shoot isn’t

Grip, handle = Since when do you need more control over a recoilless gun?

Silencer = Airsoft guns are already quieter that silenced RS guns and become utterly pointless when hicaps are used

Flashlight = Are you playing in the dark right now? If not you dont need it and when people do play in the dark they always seem to go stealthy and dont use them anyway

As for those Russians using them if im not mistaken they are a SWAT like unit and are very modern. Therefore they are not using 47s which look the worst with tactical accessories

I WILL NOT LET THIS THREAD FALL TO THE RIS DEVIL!!! :P

Will you please stfu. If you don't like that stuff then that's fine, don't put it on your AK. But berating other members for what they do to their guns is just plain retarded. Seems lately that this thread can't go a day without some idiotic 'Omfgz take that ris off that ak you rapist' post. Seriously guys, drop the elitism and get over yourselves.

Edited by Hoppum
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love that I make retard assumptions, when in reality. Most pictures of Russian soldiers are several years old. You're all stubborn, and purists who have nothing better to do ,but declare there is a set way to do everything. You have proven no facts against Russian's using rails besides the words from your mouth. So continue to prove me "wrong" with photos from 2000, and declare that I am talking out of my *albatross*. Then go back into your pathetic little shell of self-accomplishment believing you made a difference.

Troubador [sorry there, Troubadour], you realize it is a logical fallacy to make a statement, then say 'you can't prove me wrong'. Where is your evidence? Not saying you are necessarily incorrect, but that your argument needs work.

And also... your credibility was somewhat damaged when you stated that Glock slides aren't metal.

Edited by RSP1
Then you would have to change the receiver. The AKMS has an underfolding stock whilst the AKS-74 is sidefolder.

Ah, ok...looks like I'll just have to get both a Cyma AKM and a Dboys AK74S, I just love the looks of both so much. lol

Anyone get a Cyma AKM yet? or heard anything about it?

Edited by BADMONKEY

I like that I was just refered to as a cry-baby. Yet its you arses who have no lives, that are the ones always crying.

The Glock thing was because I mixed up the Glock with something else. Also, my name is Troubadour. And my argument is simply that real Operators use rails on AKs, so Airsofters should STFU when someone does it. I am so sick of these forums these elitists. The guys who insist that Spec Ops guys wear specific stuff, and not what works for them. The guys who make it so that you need to spend thousands of dollars or you are just a *fruitcage*tard. You guys make me sick. This is Airsoft, and the elitists are one of the types people who give Airsofters a bad name. Its just a hobby, *fruitcage* relax.

Edited by Troubadour
I love that I make retard assumptions, when in reality. Most pictures of Russian soldiers are several years old. You're all stubborn, and purists who have nothing better to do ,but declare there is a set way to do everything. You have proven no facts against Russian's using rails besides the words from your mouth. So continue to prove me "wrong" with photos from 2000, and declare that I am talking out of my *albatross*. Then go back into your pathetic little shell of self-accomplishment believing you made a difference.

Could you please attempt to use decent grammar. While I agree that a lot of the AK pedantry going on here is pretty extreme you don't do yourself any favours by putting full stops (periods) in the middle of your sentances. I don't want to come across as a grammer fascist but on a public boards we should all attempt to keep some semblance of conforming to the rules of grammer and spelling.

As for this ongoing debate, people's intolerance of "RIS raped AKs" is getting pretty sad and fairly insulting. Calling someone "an evil rapist" in jest is frankly incredably rude. I personally don't actually like tacticool AKs but that's just my personal taste. No one ever put this up as an AK ultra-purist anal retentive's thread" just an AK thread. So you don't like their gun, chances are someone else doesn't like yours, to then go off on one about them being "a RIS rapist" is totally uncalled for and tasteless in the extreme, I personally object to the bandying around of the term rape that has become so common, probably far more strongly than anyone here objects to someone's tacticool AK.

P.S. I'm quite sure that a lot of people are going to have a go at me for being humourless and taking things to seriously, funny thing is they will most likely be the same people who got personally offended someone else has a gun they don't like....

Edited by ninja master of coffee

You guys keep this bickering up and see if you don't get this thread locked- then AK lovers of all varieties will be upset with you and your childishness for good reason.

So cut it out.

Please

Slainte!

You have proven no facts against Russian's using rails besides the words from your mouth. So continue to prove me "wrong" with photos from 2000, and declare that I am talking out of my *albatross*. Then go back into your pathetic little shell of self-accomplishment believing you made a difference.

Im not saying all are, but most people on this forum who are AK fans, also like Russian gear, and most people like Russian gear because it has a "look"!! That look is either the cold war style or the more modern versions, but whicherver it is, Its mostly very basic. Yes Russian Soldiers now are begining to get MOLLE equipment, like the UMTBS or NERPA kit. buteven still rails and stuff are not used, if you look, accessories are mounted by specific brackets or bolted to the barrel. If you look through this thread, theres been quite a few decent tatical guns, like the PMC RPK, but stock CYMA ak takticools arnt kool.

by comeing into the tread and shouting you mouth off, your not taking into account 1) the type of people, its like the armalite thread, theres people who have put thousands into their guns to get them just right like how delta force/ froce recon whatever use. 2) that some of the Tactical Ak's have had a good reception e.g. PMC RPK, its mostly just the CYMA's and stuff like ICS's horrible releases (which are just naff) which get shouted down.

Thanks man!

Question: If I replaced the '74 muzzle break with a slant, what if anything, would that make the gun? In other words is it acceptable to have a slant muzzle instead of that big honkin' AK74 break?

it would definitely detract from the realism. and personally on that gun i would say the beefy AK74 muzzle break would look a LOT better than the AKM slant.

in the end it's up to you, but personally i would stick with the mean AK74 brake and add a few more small modifications, match up the finish, make it look weathered all over (with an overall sandblasted desert look), get a tourniquet and go for a minorly customised '80s afghan look. plus the whole loadout is pretty cheap and cool looking.

it would definitely detract from the realism. and personally on that gun i would say the beefy AK74 muzzle break would look a LOT better than the AKM slant.

in the end it's up to you, but personally i would stick with the mean AK74 brake and add a few more small modifications, match up the finish, make it look weathered all over (with an overall sandblasted desert look), get a tourniquet and go for a minorly customised '80s afghan look. plus the whole loadout is pretty cheap and cool looking.

I appreciate it, but I'm not into the afgan and Russian do-rag look, sorry!

Slainte!

its an ak picture thread Ive said it before and I'll say it again quit lecturing people on whats correct when 90 percent of whats being spouted is simply regurgatitng the same thing over and over again. So you know which muzzle break is appropriate for an AKM, which stock is appropriate for an AKSU which colour grips came when BIG FOOKING DEAL

Hers the secret - loads of us know it we dont need to make a point of jumping on every picture posted as an opportunity to demonstrate it.

You dont like railed AKs? neither do I but as neither you or I are the owners who've spent their money on the stuff that they like then button yer lips, wind yer necks in and *fruitcage* well get over it. A wee bit of humourous banter is one thing but for some folks its turning into a fetish with all the attraction of a stuck record.

Christ Id rather see a dozen different railed AKs on here than the same gun shot from 500 different angles

suggestion to mods - lock this thread and start two new ones

The analy fixated AK picture thread

The any AK you like picture thread

a_3627.jpg

• Trijicon Reflex sight
  • Surefire Weapon Light, seemingly mounted to a rail on the lower handguard.
  • There seems to be a small length of rail on the side of the lower handguard as well

Sure looks like rails on a real russian AK there.

-Jake

Edited by Sasquatch
Alright here is a photo of some real AKM handguards, notice how beautiful they are

1.jpg

3-1.jpg

they also smelt really nice

Mmmh nice, they looks like candy i want to lick them and eat them ^^

Im thinking of ordering Russian AKM handguard for my AKMS my GF is hopefully gonna give me in january if she dont gets a idea that i allready have enough aks and yes she is my sugardady im actually kinda poor XD but they seem pretty hard to get to a good price but what did you get yours and what did they cost and did you felt it was worth it? I payed 25 dollar for my AIM wood set and i felt it was a damn good price compaired what airsoft ###### wood costs :P

Mmmh nice, they looks like candy i want to lick them and eat them ^^

Im thinking of ordering Russian AKM handguard for my AKMS my GF is hopefully gonna give me in january if she dont gets a idea that i allready have enough aks and yes she is my sugardady im actually kinda poor XD but they seem pretty hard to get to a good price but what did you get yours and what did they cost and did you felt it was worth it? I payed 25 dollar for my AIM wood set and i felt it was a damn good price compaired what airsoft ###### wood costs :P

I got them Rus military and i would probably buy them again because they feel so nice and look better than they do in the pictures :) I would go for the dark red colour next time however. Anywho...

Inokatsu AKMS economic version + RS AKM wood + Inokatsu hand grip (to replace the horrible black one) - any though of rails = EPIC WIN :D

Edited by Fin