AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, now if only someone would make RPK 74 black polly furniture. I guess with every other AK varient under the sun being built (well, not quite but you know what I mean) it can't be to long, right?

That would be sweet indeed, but I doubt it will be done. Just because next to no-one knows that current production RPK-74s have black polymer furniture (with a solid folding stock? I'm not sure about that right now), and the russians don't use them a lot, PKMs do their job now. The only reason someone would make one is because it's not a lot of work to do. RPK-kits are there, you'd just have to make new furniture for them. We could ask Tink about that.

I would prefer an Airsoft PKM though. Maybe VFC will make one some day..

VFC did have one in the pipeline but being VFC information is very difficult to get, for example there website doesn’t know they have a AIMS yet

Would probably cost a lot though…..and I mean A LOT

I have been working on a few AK's on and off for a while. Here are two AK74SUN's. One is VFC and the other is Kalash. Can you tell the difference? answers on a post card :)

Both have had real steel front hand guards added.

ak74su2.jpg

ak74sub.jpg

ak74su.jpg

I have also been working on a X47. it's not quite finished but I'm getting there. I also have a Galil, akms and a rpks74 projects to keep me busy.

x47.jpg

x47a.jpg

Edited by mightyjebus
x47.jpg

x47a.jpg

sorry m8 but i've got to say this is one seriously Fugly AK. thats blasphemy the likes of which make all dieties weep with anguish...

i think i need to lie down. Emfour-tysevens should not be. they are an abomination unto kalashnikov.

pete

I agree it's as ugly as sin and the problem with rails is I always want to add stuff to them. I have agreen laser, a bipod and a ris 203 screaming out to be added. it's just a shame that if i do. i doubt i will be able to pick it up because of the weight. :)

x47c.jpg

sorry m8 but i've got to say this is one seriously Fugly AK. thats blasphemy the likes of which make all dieties weep with anguish...

i think i need to lie down. Emfour-tysevens should not be. they are an abomination unto kalashnikov.

pete

Edited by mightyjebus
That would be sweet indeed, but I doubt it will be done. Just because next to no-one knows that current production RPK-74s have black polymer furniture (with a solid folding stock? I'm not sure about that right now), and the russians don't use them a lot, PKMs do their job now. The only reason someone would make one is because it's not a lot of work to do. RPK-kits are there, you'd just have to make new furniture for them. We could ask Tink about that.

A PKM would indeed rule but I'm thinking it would cost a least a quarter of your soul, plus, you know, a bunch of money. I can see a polly RPK 74 being released just because RPK 47s are already around and like you say, it's not as huge modification of parts. Plus with all these AK 74 models being released it at least seems somewhat logical and a lot more user friendly than a hoofing great PKM (M60s after all, never really got off the ground in a big way due to huge size and expense though I can imagine at least one company making one). As far as I can tell, the fact that the Russian army doesn't use them that much probably wont make a great deal of difference in the minds of airsoft companies, also TM will be looking to capitalise on their AK74m, you could put a battery in the foreward grip (apparently how the TM 74 works) and still retain the folding stock (doubt it will be solid, would cost too much and the weight would put people off).

a few more pictures.

if you ever wondered about the difference between real steel and guards and the VFC ones:

handguards.jpg

the VFC is on the left

My ever growing AK74SUN collection

ak74sucollection.jpg

Two VFC's together. Both have real steel hand guards.

vfcaks.jpg

and two current projects. The AKMS has just had real steel wooden hard guards fitted.

akms.jpg

galil.jpg