AK & Variants Picture Thread

The only short mags available are the Marui spets ones that are wrong calibre for a 74 and are hi caps (which you dont use in a beautiful steel gun). 20 Round mags were tested for RS but there wasn’t much point and everybody was happy with the 30 round ones.

Why convert it to a AKS when you can just buy a AKS?

Well, my Retailer will not have any AKS in Stock anytime soon... and I can't simply import an AEG here. So I thought getting an AK and using the VFC AKS Stock available from WGCShop.

Also, I just dislike the large curved Magazines.

Or maybe I'll get a VFC SCAR, I don't know yet... but i'd rather have a typical "Insurgent" Weapon of good Quality.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, my Retailer will not have any AKS in Stock anytime soon... and I can't simply import an AEG here. So I thought getting an AK and using the VFC AKS Stock available from WGCShop.

Also, I just dislike the large curved Magazines.

Or maybe I'll get a VFC SCAR, I don't know yet... but i'd rather have a typical "Insurgent" Weapon of good Quality.

Ask him to get some, most retailers will do to make a sale :)

74 magazines arnt really curved, there similar shape to the M16 ones (im assuming you've got them mixed up with 47 mags)

AKSs arnt really insurgent weapons anymore, as in you see lots more AKMs and type 56s than you do 74s

Omg its just my opinion so its not a personal bash but omg that looks royaly wank is that really VFC? that looks to me anyways like a cheap clone you see on a market stool the wood looks really fake and the grip looks rubbish and fake. Possibly the most unrealistic ak i have ever seen.

VFC are renowned for their realism and attention to detail, and looking at the details this is no exception. as for the external finish itself, it might just be a shitey picture, but even if it does look like that in the flesh the quality of the externals would be worth the effort of re-finishing the metalwork and wood.

the wood looks thick enough to sand the heck out of, so any color is attainable with a good stain and some antiquing techniques. the pistol grip i imagine would want to get replaced with a plastic one anyway..all the metal looks rock solid too so I don't see why the I-flock should turn on this gun release just because the first few images of it are less than extraordinary.

1.5 cets only

*pause debate* Quick picture request!....again :P

I finally opened (well, from the other side of a webcam anyway *vacation, friend at the house*) my AKS74U yesterday, so now I'm looking for mags before a game on the 29th. After playing BF2, I was thinking about it. That waffle mag on the MEC SF class looks awesome! So I was wondering how it would look on an AKS74U.

So there's the request. Waffle mags (preferably the MAG brand, or one identical, as that's what I'll buy) on an AKS74U. Thanks!

You cant compair any ak with the Inokatsu finish, its simply the best and is why ive chosen to buy them and buy even moore else i would buy other brands.

Inokatsu has a blued finish...

Russian Ak-47's are blued.... All Russian Ak's that came later had a parkerized, then painted finish... Similar to how VFC's look... So Inokatsu's finish is quite unrealistic ;)

So there's the request. Waffle mags (preferably the MAG brand, or one identical, as that's what I'll buy) on an AKS74U. Thanks!

you can ognly get the more curvy 7.62 waffle mags in airsoft. IMO 7.62 mags look wrong in AKSUs, the curve of the mag doesnt seem to be in proportion to the rest of the gun.

Inokatsu has a blued finish...

Russian Ak-47's are blued.... All Russian Ak's that came later had a parkerized, then painted finish... Similar to how VFC's look... So Inokatsu's finish is quite unrealistic ;)

Both my inokatsu AK's have same finish as this gun and ive see many AKM with this finish and i think it looks the best.

692e8920ng5.jpg

Both my inokatsu AK's have same finish as this gun and ive see many AKM with this finish and i think it looks the best.

That's the 'beat up' look, not the 'factory new' look that sellers try to aim for. Again, the VFC AIMS is hands down the most realistic AIMS on the market. Full stop.

Edited by PlasticMag

Yeah i know, but i werent talking about the vfc aims now, but i still think it looks ugly, a AK should be "beaten up" if VFC can get that finish as Inokatsu/"Real steel beatup" finish and put on some RS wood and trow the melted icecream pistolgrip to hell and change to a better one it would kickass, but ill just wait and see if thats possible, if it is ill sell my Inokatsu but i doubt it. ATM I think Inokatsu looks the best assembled.

My opinion of VFC Vs. Inokatsu is still

VFC>Inokatsu in realism

Inokatsu > VFC on furniture

Also the VFC is a AEG so you dont have to worry about getting your hop, barrel and gearbox like you do with Inokatsu. Apart from the new Inokatsu full AEGs but from what I herd there gearboxes arnt to good, so

VFC>Inokatsu on internals :P

My inokatsu came with an inner barrel and hop, then I brought a CA gearbox, not really that hard. As the inokatsu is a kit, its quite hard to compare internals, you can put a vfc gearbox if you really want to. I'll doubt I'll sell my ino to get the vfc, as I'd just end up selling the vfc to get the kalash :-p

Edited by Skarclaw

I think that both the VFC and inokatsu's are good looking AEG's. there isn't really that much difference. ok the VFC has a nice parkerised finish which will take a whole lot of skirmishing to look aged whereas the Ino will not take as long. on the realism front the unicorn is a much better receiver for that old well used ak look.

what has surprised me about the aims from both companies is the lack of realistic wood. both companies have produced wood that isn't that realistic which is a bit of a waste as all mine now sit in my spares box as i have fitted rs wood to them all.

another thing which has surprised me about the VFC AIMS is the battery placement. you can run a 12v battery in all there other models but for some reason they have went for a mini battery in the foregrip. daft idea.

but lets not forget the Kalash series. VFC quality finish plus a pretty good little gearbox at a fraction of the price. frankly if Kalash keep this up i will stop buying VFC and Ino and just buy the Kalash.

My idea for skirmishing is to have a realistic, reliable AK and the cheaper the better. I wouldn't be surprised if Kalash make a AIMs soon.

Unicorn and kalash will never be up to VFC/ Inokatsu standards, you will ALWAYS get problems with china clones sooner or later

As for the VFC battery thing, i think its because there AIMS includes the dummy bolt so they had to find somewhere else for the battery (another 1 up on Inokatsu)