AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unicorn and kalash will never be up to VFC/ Inokatsu standards, you will ALWAYS get problems with china clones sooner or later

As for the VFC battery thing, i think its because there AIMS includes the dummy bolt so they had to find somewhere else for the battery (another 1 up on Inokatsu)

If you have a problem...fix it, I doubt it will cost more then the cost of a vfc, let alone an Ino.

Unicorn and kalash will never be up to VFC/ Inokatsu standards, you will ALWAYS get problems with china clones sooner or later

you do realise that VFC erm um ah how shall i put it are nothing but a clone themselves :P that their gearbox in particular IS a clone gearbox both in source of components and quality, and that a year and a half ago the same "hmmm not sure about those" attitudes abounded regarding their stuff and same "its cheap enough to throw away the internals if it turns out they're pooh" applied too (albeit at that time the comparison was a guarder branded inokatsu at twice its price with no gearbox at all)

ive seen no real issues reported about the unicorn other than its lousy bolt and the general quality of its assembly (which considering the manufac had no control over that cant really be laid at their door) its only other problems being ones that can be fettled back out I dont happen to like the sort of quasi blued finish they went for but I can see why folks do

likewise the dboys - an iffy mag catch design, somewhat wobbly front sight post, over greased gearbox internals and thats about it

Anything else thats cropped up on either of them is in such small numbers that it hardly represents a trend (and most of what has croped up in those respects also cropped up on the VFC - wobbly bolts, covers that wont latch closed, wobbly handguards, misaligned or poorly performing hop units,the occasional mushy selector lever etc)

In the end, VFC and Inokatsu are very similar. VFC has details that Inokatsu lack, and Inokatsu has a larger selection of models. Used for skirmishing, there would be no difference between the two brands.

The chinese clones... well, let me put it this way: The Unicorn AKSU top-cover can be shaped (and had to be before I could close the lid) with my fingers, the inokatsu top-covers can not. All steel is not equal, and chinese steel is known for bad quality.

True story from Norway: A person responsible for buying building supplies for his company, sent a box of nails to China, with the question: How much would a similar product cost? The reply he got, he kept to himself, but several weeks later, 3 large pallets of nails were delivered, with identical trademarks, "made in Norway", perfect copies in every way except one:

They were so soft, you couldn't hammer them into anything harder than balsa-wood. :)

Sure, as soon as the sweeping generalizations cease to be true in the majority of cases.

That's not to say all chinese made products are of poor quality. However there is an established track record of poor quality copies of products being made in the PRC. It's going to take a long string of good experiences and products to make western consumers forget about the slag put out in the past.

Sure, as soon as the sweeping generalizations cease to be true in the majority of cases.

That's not to say all chinese made products are of poor quality. However there is an established track record of poor quality copies of products being made in the PRC. It's going to take a long string of good experiences and products to make western consumers forget about the slag put out in the past.

well said, but I have seen the quality of some chinese guns greatly improve recently.

likewise the dboys - an iffy mag catch design, somewhat wobbly front sight post, over greased gearbox internals and thats about it

The bolt broke on mine and the sp-1 plastic part is mis-shaped and is a *badgeress* to get in

As for VFC i'll admit the hop up isnt the best but its not a costly fix

As for unicorn, if they would be nice enough to release a few more kits id be happy to buy one and find out the quality (make a RPK kit dam you)