AK & Variants Picture Thread

very bad if its romanian! the whole gun minus reciever is 100 bucks :P

ohh wait, the "buy it now" option is 75 bucks.

forgot this was an auction for this part :P

starts at $20 and no bids on it so far, is that a good price range for this set:

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/08886100...x1519182828.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes.

okie dokie.

does anyone know if modifications are needed to swap out the hand guards on the VFC AK series? i remember seeing a video of some guy disassembling the VFC AK74 and putting on some real deal hand guards without any modding. ill try and post it later if i can find it. im guessing that VFC has continued to manuf. their ak's with this feature?

oh and also, is it a *badgeress* to install a RS wooden butt stock? by the looks of it dookieboy, you have been working your assinus off with all that sawdust all over -_-

Edited by 0nslaught

a lot of real steel handguards can need minor mods even to fit onto real steel Is usually just a little wood needing trimmed off the edges of the lips that fit into the retainers or on the lower the wood that fits into front of the receiver.

The VFC is no different in that respect - though if you want to fit a real steel gas tube you'll usually need to reduce the size of the rear of te real tube a little in a mill (the real tube is much more beefed up design than the tube used on the VFC) Add to that the real tube will prevent you fitting a long stick battery thru it unless you mod it a bit more

Easier just to remove the wood from the VFC fake upper tube and fit the real wood in its place on the VFC gas tube (after a little shaving the edges of the real wood if neccessary)

Edited by snorkelman
a lot of real steel handguards can need minor mods even to fit onto real steel Is usually just a little wood needing trimmed off the edges of the lips that fit into the retainers or on the lower the wood that fits into front of the receiver.

The VFC is no different in that respect - though if you want to fit a real steel gas tube you'll usually need to reduce the size of the rear of te real tube a little in a mill (the real tube is much more beefed up design than the tube used on the VFC) Add to that the real tube will prevent you fitting a long stick battery thru it unless you mod it a bit more

Easier just to remove the wood from the VFC fake upper tube and fit the real wood in its place on the VFC gas tube (after a little shaving the edges of the real wood if neccessary)

hum, alright. thanks for that.

also, has anyone shopped at K-Var Corporation or Tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru? k-var has a few bits that i want and tantals got some nice cases.

Finally, the Cyma AKM is mine. I've been waiting for an affordable AKM so long.. And the quality is awesome! It only needs some wood, downgraded fps and some proper magazines. Puts out around 135-139m/s and runs fine w/ a 8.4V battery.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x293/ji...rent=akm002.jpg

I need a couple questions answered if you don't mind:

1. How is the muzzle break attached, is it pinned on or just screwed down?

2. The gas block and front sight is screwed on not pinned on right?

3. How is the quality of the wiring?