AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

has anyone purchased the pro-win ak hop up chamber? it looks nice but i want to get some feedback from people who actually have one. i read somewhere from one person that it was great and improved the air seal, thus improving fps. but, reading a few posts from red alliance or w/e, people are having trouble fitting it onto inokatsu ak's. not that im planning to fit one to an inokatsu, but to a vfc instead. has anyone fit this hop up chamber to a vfc ak? it says it is compatible with TM Ak's, will that fit vfc's too?

also, the way this attaches to the gearbox instead of the barrel, could that cause some other problems? thanks

ive got one but dont really like it, the build quality is nice but the design is a little out of spec. it didnt work too well in my vfc aksu. had mag problems with it. main problem was the feed tub that goes into the mag wasnt quite in the right area and started chewing up my mags and getting plastic from my mag in the barrel.

ive got one but dont really like it, the build quality is nice but the design is a little out of spec. it didnt work too well in my vfc aksu. had mag problems with it. main problem was the feed tub that goes into the mag wasnt quite in the right area and started chewing up my mags and getting plastic from my mag in the barrel.

gah, i see. thanks for that

anyone else have anything to say about the pro win chamber?

I have one in all my inokatsus, AK103, AKMS and AIMS, and in my romanian RPK. All work perfectly, and I would never buy another unit. BUT I use TM AK47 low cap mags exclusively on the Inokatsus, and GWS 40rd hicaps and a Classic army drum mag in the RPK, so I can only say for certain that the pro-win unit works with these mags.

Some inner barrels will not fit properly in the hop-up unit, in my experience this applies to Prometheus and Systema. This might also be a result of the combination of innerbarrel and hop-up rubber. What you might need to do is file of a VERY SMALL amount of the hop-up end of the barrel, untill the grooves for the clip in front of the hop-up rubber alligns properly when the hop-up unit and barrel is assembled. Don't overdo this, and remember to clean the barrel before you assemble the gun.

Gearboxes used were: stock TM, Action 8mm, upgraded Inokatsu, and a Classic Army 7mm, running at 280-450 fps

Hop-up rubbers used were: Stock TM, Systema and Guarder black 70% rubbers.

What I do when I install them is:

Insert innerbarrel/hop-up assembly in receiver.

Put in gearbox, and attach the hop-up unit.

Insert the outer barrel, and screw the hop-up unit to the outer barrel. DO NOT attach the outer barrel to the receiver yet( the 2 grub screws on the trunion.)

Now insert a magazine to make sure the hop-up unit is positioned correctly. With the mag inserted, tighten the 2 grub screws, and attach the selector, and the pistol grip. Now the mag should fit and feed properly. Test the gun to see that it does. If not, disasemble, and try again. You should have enough space to move the entire assembly slightly forwards or backwards without modifying the receiver.

After this is done, you can assemble the rest of the gun. Remember loctite on all screws, use a new allen key, as worn allen keys are deadly to 3mm grub screws (the smallest ones used on Inokatsus). If you can feel it starting to slip when you tighten the screw, remove the screw before the loctite sets, and replace the screw. The allen key should be replaced, or you can cut of the worn part of it, usually a couple of milimeters.

wow, thanks for that.

but just to make sure, that bit about filing a very small amount of hop up from the barrel is only if im installing a prometheus or a systema tightbore right?

oh and also, i will be trying to install this onto a VFC, so i dont think ill have to deal with too many screws. thanks

Didn't like the polished 1" thick gloss colour. So i guess i battered it. It's the KA wood i guess... ? Came with the gun.

SVD wood (and AK wood) is meant to be deep red and heavily laquered.

that said if you scarred and lightened to tone of the wood in places it would look a bit like the deac SVD hanging on the wall in a shop in town, except all of the metalwork on that one is very heavily weathered. if you want that wood to look right i'd recomend you weather all of the metalwork to a similar degree.

SVD wood (and AK wood) is meant to be deep red and heavily laquered.

that said if you scarred and lightened to tone of the wood in places it would look a bit like the deac SVD hanging on the wall in a shop in town, except all of the metalwork on that one is very heavily weathered. if you want that wood to look right i'd recomend you weather all of the metalwork to a similar degree.

I'm aware of that thanks. It just isn't too practical as it sticks out like a sore thumb. As weathering goes, patience is a virtue it's work in progress :)

AKM Progress Report:

Blink43va and I were working on the stock for my AKM yesterday, and are almost finished today!

Here are some pics!

Comparing the Guarder stock to a Romanian wood stock:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa163/d...19/100_0569.jpg

Goofing around:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa163/d...19/100_0570.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa163/d...19/100_0571.jpg

Mein poor hands:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa163/d...19/100_0572.jpg

More pics of the final product later!

dookie, what body is that?

Edit: How do you convert real magazines to airsoft magazines?

Edited by nicktheww2fanatic
For all the AK+GP lovers :)

http://web.axelero.hu/szlejer2/gp30-sm.jpg

Beautiful! That gun really looks like it has been to Chechnya and back. Can you tell us how exactly you weathered the gun? I guess you gave it a good ol' treatmend o' steel wool. What else?

Edited by fryxharry
Can you tell us how exactly you weathered the gun? I guess you gave it a good ol' treatmend o' steel wool. What else?

The steel wool is spot on. :) I also used

- dremel w/ polishing stone,

- tamiya matte brown, black, gunship grey, and silver paint

- sanding paper

I studied some real steel pics, removed the finish from places, then painted over w/ different colours in multiple light layers, then sanded back the edges, contours for the weathered effect.

Got my VFC AKS74UN! (and 6 midcaps for it)

ak74u.jpg

What a story when contacting VFC about the service kit. My first email received zero responses for 2 weeks so i decided to call them up. My first phone call was received by a receptionist and the poor girl didnt know much english so she told me to call back a few hours later. I finally did and the minute the phone was picked up, it hung up. The time after that received no answer. And finally during a third/fourth time, the receptionist picked up, did the whole "welcome to vfc intro" in chinese..i courteously responded with a hello and then followed with whether there was a english speaking representa....and then the phone suddenly hung up (with a click).

Sent an email to VFC, and to my surprise, received a response the next day apologizing for the whole incident. She even called me directly on my cell to apologize and inform me that they sent the kit out.

Pretty surprised about the quick response and i must say, i dont think any other company wouldve offered service like this :D