• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

inorpk.jpg

Inokatsu RPK, everyone's favourite slightly innacurate AK based lmg :P

It's taken a fair while, but it's finally sourced and finished- now I just need to skirmish with it ^_^

LOOK AT THE ANGLE OF THAT STOCK!

Do you want GRIM! to have an aneurysm? :P

Sorry for the n00b question but does anybody know what mags fit the 'Kalash' AK series? My Tokyo Marui's are quickly reaching redundancy like a West Midlands car factory employee.

MAG, VFC, star, RS etc. Just about all of them. You just have to file down a few MMs off the mag catch

LOOK AT THE ANGLE OF THAT STOCK!

Do you want GRIM! to have an aneurysm? :P

As has been said, the stock is at the right angle, I'm pretty sure.

rpk_01.jpg

I think the only major inaccuracies on the ino rpk are the lack of a rear windage sight and the lack of those metal reinforcement bars on either side of the reciever, both of which I'm not all that bothered about tbh. If i can get hold a windage sight I might add it, because it would be nice to be able to zero the irons a bit more accurately, but at the end of the day, it is airsoft, and the ino kit already looks grade A stylin'.

Edit: on a related note, can anyone reccomend a good ak drum mag to me?

Edited by Crumbelievable

the PKM is a four foot long 9 kilo general purpose machine gun why should anyones bringing out more armalites have any bearing on that? you might as well complain they're bringining out an endless stream of AKs or MP5s or that tanaka keeps bringing out revolvers when you actually want them to make a cruise missile :)

PKM =different costs, different market and severly smaller number of sales than an armalite or AK variant.

honestly if folks want a PKM? chuck together a *beep* load of money between a 100 of you and make your own it really is as simple as that. 600 dollars each x 100 folks and you've got a 60 grand war chest to see it thru to completion. Buy a deact strip it down measure it all up stick it back together and sell it at a loss with the loss being part of your developement costs Go with a cheap off the shelf gearbox that folks can upgrade to their own spec once delivered. Outsource the press metal work to vietnam and the plastic mouldings to anyone of a bundle of folks that can turn that sort of work round slowly but cheaply for small run jobs

You wont have it tomorrow you probably wouldnt have it for best part of a year but compared to constantly waiting for an existing manufacturer to finally get round to delivering one for you on a plate its still going to be the better option...

the PKM is a four foot long 9 kilo general purpose machine gun why should anyones bringing out more armalites have any bearing on that? you might as well complain they're bringining out an endless stream of AKs or MP5s or that tanaka keeps bringing out revolvers when you actually want them to make a cruise missile :)

PKM =different costs, different market and severly smaller number of sales than an armalite or AK variant.

honestly if folks want a PKM? chuck together a *beep* load of money between a 100 of you and make your own it really is as simple as that. 600 dollars each x 100 folks and you've got a 60 grand war chest to see it thru to completion. Buy a deact strip it down measure it all up stick it back together and sell it at a loss with the loss being part of your developement costs Go with a cheap off the shelf gearbox that folks can upgrade to their own spec once delivered. Outsource the press metal work to vietnam and the plastic mouldings to anyone of a bundle of folks that can turn that sort of work round slowly but cheaply for small run jobs

You wont have it tomorrow you probably wouldnt have it for best part of a year but compared to constantly waiting for an existing manufacturer to finally get round to delivering one for you on a plate its still going to be the better option...

In that case, i'll be back in a jiffy..... :P

so, to make a PKM all you really need is the stock and a long outer and inner barrel is that correct?

oh and the bi-pod and fake barrel rod.

(basing this of a tm ak for example)

pete

:huh: No, it's not correct. Why don't you google image "pkm" and stop bothering the AK fans :P

Crumbelievable,

Yes, actually the Star hi-cap drum seems to be the best available at this time (no ugly switch, pressure activated, and people who own it say it doesn't jam at all). I ordered one yesterday, when I test it at next game, I'll PM you a small review ;)

Awesome, thanks very much. To use an rpk without a drum mag seems madness to me, aesthetically- it's either that or make some 40 rounders.

:huh: No, it's not correct. Why don't you google image "pkm" and stop bothering the AK fans :P

you'll be sorry when i finish my AKM *shakes fist* :P

Snorkelman: ah, oops i understand. RPK i could get away with pkm = uber custom work.

Edited by Melonfish

And yet it still sucks... also a whole nother £200 for an auto winder for the box mag? Does it use pure gold wiring or something? Someone did make a PKM on these forums, wasn't 100% accurate but it looked the part more or less and I doubt it cost him over a grand...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...20gun&st=20

anyone know if it is possible to get a D-Boys/Kalash AKS74 body to fit a CYMA AK74, im certain ive seen pics of people who have switched the front set and top cover of thei D-boys/Kalsh AKS74U with a CYMA AK74 front set so it shouldnt be too hard.