AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope, they aren't swappable. Like the above said, CYMA is a TM clone (everything is unrealistically slotted and screwed together) whereas Kalash/Dboys is a VFC clone (everything is interference-fit or pinned together, like the real-steel). Some small external parts (like the rear sight, front sight, maybe the gas block, and possibly the grip and trigger guard) could be exchanged with modifications. Whole front sets and receivers are not interchangeable.

And yet it still sucks... also a whole nother £200 for an auto winder for the box mag? Does it use pure gold wiring or something? Someone did make a PKM on these forums, wasn't 100% accurate but it looked the part more or less and I doubt it cost him over a grand...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...20gun&st=20

A Belgium player made a PKM out of a real PKM. I've seen this baby at a belgium site and wanted to steal it :P Damn that was a beauty.

It's the PKM in the thread you posted on the 3th page. Don't know how much it costed in total. FW2000 will know that i guess.

HI all 1st off im new hear nice to see lot of AK fans :P and russian fans as i do usea russian load out which will post soon :)

heres my baby :) ICS Ak74 with silencer and CA grenade launcher went with madbull grenades which dont match but in this case ws a performance issue i went to as not sure of any good AK replica nades that can take high pressure gasses and are any good.

akgren1.jpg

akgren2.jpg

akgren3.jpg

akgren4.jpg

akgren5.jpg

akgren6.jpg

Last thing im looking for is a good posp and maybe kobra.. was thinking kobra for the look but i do woodland fighting and a posp would be a smarter idea.

Nice gun there. I strongly suggest the Kobra over the POSP. I do woodland myself and while I have not used the POSP I have used 4x scopes with larger obj. lenses as well as greater field of view, and found them unsuited for airsoft. You cannot track the BB out which makes it very difficult to adjust for wind or see if you are hitting branches that are close to you. Additionally target acquisition is hampered, and it is no easier to scan the woods ahead to spot your opponent.

Just my experience, but the 1x red dot is the better option in just about any airsoft environment in my opinion. As the dot of the Kobra is rather small, about 1-2 MOA, you will be able to shoot to precise points without difficulty. However I like to stick with small guns such as pistols and submachine guns [my Kobra is on an AKS-74U] whereas you've got the full size AK with GP-30 and a PBS-1 so there's probably a difference in playing style.

Nice gun there. I strongly suggest the Kobra over the POSP. I do woodland myself and while I have not used the POSP I have used 4x scopes with larger obj. lenses as well as greater field of view, and found them unsuited for airsoft. You cannot track the BB out which makes it very difficult to adjust for wind or see if you are hitting branches that are close to you. Additionally target acquisition is hampered, and it is no easier to scan the woods ahead to spot your opponent.

Just my experience, but the 1x red dot is the better option in just about any airsoft environment in my opinion. As the dot of the Kobra is rather small, about 1-2 MOA, you will be able to shoot to precise points without difficulty. However I like to stick with small guns such as pistols and submachine guns [my Kobra is on an AKS-74U] whereas you've got the full size AK with GP-30 and a PBS-1 so there's probably a difference in playing style.

Cheers i forgot to ask where do you get kobras and how much ? seen a site in usa do really really good 1s thou cost about $200 so about £100 - 130 after postage.... they are the newist generation scopes thou and they saythey do suggest you dont buy up some old 1s from some companys as they have alot of problems. Reasson i was thinking posp is because when i use my M14 i put a snipoer scope on it and yes it wont be zeroed from all distances but i manage to track my bbs and adjust as the bbs do get far away :). im considering maybe even getting both lol as i coul have a small bag on my back to cycle scopes as they are side moutned quick realise :D. ps i do have a AK knicknov to but at the moment its not very accurate so doign work to the hop up. as the bbs drop so fast i nearly hit myself in the foot :P.

I would have to agree with RSP1 about the POSP being too big! had one on me VFC AKS74N and it was ridiculous!! so i sold it on and got a kobra instead and i have to say its well worth the money!! nice compact easyer to zero etc!! i've got a Star GP-30 and my kobra on my VFC AK! :D

Cheers i forgot to ask where do you get kobras and how much ? seen a site in usa do really really good 1s thou cost about $200 so about £100 - 130 after postage.... they are the newist generation scopes thou and they saythey do suggest you dont buy up some old 1s from some companys as they have alot of problems. Reasson i was thinking posp is because when i use my M14 i put a snipoer scope on it and yes it wont be zeroed from all distances but i manage to track my bbs and adjust as the bbs do get far away :). im considering maybe even getting both lol as i coul have a small bag on my back to cycle scopes as they are side moutned quick realise :D. ps i do have a AK knicknov to but at the moment its not very accurate so doign work to the hop up. as the bbs drop so fast i nearly hit myself in the foot :P.

Tantal, all the way!

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

Good price on the Kobra sights [shipped, it's the best I've found] and a great guy to deal with, plus he offers great pictures, a neat page with AK information, and a lot of knowledge on various things AK-related. Ordering is a little more difficult than simply filling out a cart since you must email him, get the product list with prices, then send him the correct amount via Paypal with product codes in the message, but doesn't take long. I used the tantal@kalashnikov.guns.ru address rather than the krink@cst.net one but don't know if it makes a difference.

Note also, the Kobra at least comes with a neat little pouch which fits on any belt and holds the sight, the sunshade, a cleaning cloth and special tool, and spare batteries so you've got the perfect place to put it if you want to take it off the siderail. Don't know if the POSP has a similar thing, but it might.

Last I heard the ICS siderail is the wrong size but they may have fixed that. I'll leave it to the experts in this thread to take care of that one.

Edited by RSP1
Last I heard the ICS siderail is the wrong size but they may have fixed that. I'll leave it to the experts in this thread to take care of that one.

Hmm was what in wrong size ? 2 big ? to small ? does it work ? and is it easy to fix... do you know if they atleast put the screws in the right place to be able to add a new rail ?. I may wait to ask someone at my local airsoft place to see if they got a posp try before i buy.