AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG hatman, it says on you advert for the 103, your sick of ak's!

How??

theres so much variation of ak's out there  :D

Not all stock tangs snap like twigs.

Ok, what I actually meant is modern AKs. :D

They are lovely, but my first gun was an ICS 74 and I've had that for over a year now. I'm still keeping it for sentimental reasons and because I've made it shoot uber-sweet-haxxor now. I'm making a jump to a custom AS-VAL. ;)

Does the bolt on the G&G's go all the way back, like the ICS and realsteel?

Not quite. It stops about 3cm before the end. However it still kicks bum royally.

Edited by Hatman

Ok question. If I, say, had insane idea to take a hacksaw to an AK that I didn't want in the first place but figured what the hell, I might as well do something with it, so I decide to turn it into a AKS-74u, how do I go about doing that?

I can source the top cover and the flash hider, that I know.

What I wonder, however, is *could* I possibly mod a VFC hand guard to fit a TM ak front end? Could I just be lazy and cut the stock hand guard to look right? What do I have to do to shorten the barrel? What's the cheapest way to make the stock, which does not and will not fold if I do this,because i'm lazy and I don't want it to?

Feel free to smack me across the head and chastise me if you so choose for asking this if you deem it right. :D

*Edited for coherent *fruitcage* English <_<*

Edited by judgeman

haha i saw that coming grim :D

and judgeman, you might as well just buy a chinese unicorn AKS74u kit when they come out. the AKS74u has a different reciever, totally different hinged reciever cover, totally different rear sight block (well, seeing as there are no sights on it its not a sight block, but its where the sight block WOULD be), totally different front end, and the handguards are not only a different length to either the beta spetz or 47 but also held on in a different way (a pin that clamps in in place when the reciever cover is closed).

you'd HAVE to buy a new reciever anyway, so you may as well buy one of the rather nicely priced unicorn AKS74U kits on gunnerairsoft.com and save yourself a lot of modding.

Yeah i know i just cant help it :P

Anyways tryed my chicomvest with a commander vest udner it, thought it was kinda AKrelatetd since the chicom vest is mostly for ak, if not theres allways my AIMS on the pic along with my tactical pink raybands! XD

vstcombojj2.jpg

Edited by GRIM!

hi

i was just wondering if any one can tell me what the most reliable ak 47 clone is as i am thinking of buying one but i would like to get one thats reliable,

and also could any one tell me which one feels the best when it comes out the box without any upgrades

EDIT: can any one help me

Edited by jdk 360
I might. Are they worth it tho? I don't know about the plastic stock, looks a little shady

errm, if youre refering to the unicorn kit, its all steel. no plastic other than the pistol grip. i think you're confusing it with the academy, that has a plastic stock and reciever cover...bleh

I've opened up a lot of JG AK Betas (A friend has them as rental guns, he supplies a few sites, and I downgraded a dozen of them to 1J for him) and internally they are good, the only thing needed was a Marui hop rubber, the original is very hard/inflexible. They shoot very nicely and the quality and finish is easily as good as Marui's in my opinion, if not a little better.

Not heard any horror-stories so far...