AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wee bit of gloss 'deep mahogany' woodstain and a 1" brush. After it had dried like it was in that photo I attacked the edges with a polishing machine with a (dirty) very soft mop and a bit of rouge just to add some wear. Nothing that couldnt be done with some wet n dry and a bit of water I was just being lazy

mag-1.jpg

photo is making it look lot redder than it really is

Edited by snorkelman
Do you have a source for Guarder bolts?  One of my Unicorn bolts snapped in transit too.

no i have one here from a while back but i'm sure a Inokatsu one will fit. try russain mania workshop for one.

its not impossible to fix the unicorn one. drill a hole in both parts and thread the handle then use a bolt to hold it on. thats what i was going to do until i found the guarder one.

Edited by mightyjebus
no i have one here from a while back but i'm sure a Inokatsu one will fit. try russain mania workshop for one.

its not impossible to fix the unicorn one. drill a hole in both parts and thread the handle then use a bolt to hold it on. thats what i was going to do until i found the guarder one.

I have to say I'd rather replace the bolts outright. The Unicorn ones are already chaffing at gearbox wiring. I'm ordering the Inokatsu ones now :)

Dboys AKSU arrived :D:D:D Review coming wednesday. This gun is loud and a perfect clone of the VFC. Just the mag issue to sort out and lube for the bolt so it goes more smoothly. And it even has a cleaning rod ;)

1-1.jpg

The sling it comes with is also good quality

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I'll repaint the wood and do the white lettering after the review

6.jpg

Same as VFC

7.jpg

Even the manual is a exact clone!

Even the manual is a exact clone!

aye they even have a schamatic in the manual that hasnt been changed from the VFC one (still shows a spring used to locate inner barrel the way VFC do it rather than the L-shaped plastic bit dBoys are using) :)

have you got another mag you can try in it and lmk if its fitting or not?

cheers fin good to hear mine wasnt the only one (had visions of me sending folks on a wild goose chase hacking up mag latches, then finding other mags would have fitted after all lol)

mag latch sping on AKs can be a bit of a bugger so you're best bet is to try and file it down a little at a time while its still attached to the gun if you can find a fine enough file - that way you can keep checking to see if youve taken enough off without having to rebuild it each time. If you do opt to take it off refit and recheck it every half a mm or so till you hit the sweet spot.

PS going by Ads chrono results these will need downgraded from their current FPS

cheers fin good to hear mine wasnt the only one (had visions of me sending folks on a wild goose chase hacking up mag latches, then finding other mags would have fitted after all lol)

mag latch sping on AKs can be a bit of a bugger so you're best bet is to try and file it down a little at a time while its still attached to the gun if you can find a fine enough file - that way you can keep checking to see if youve taken enough off without having to rebuild it each time. If you do opt to take it off refit and recheck it every half a mm or so till you hit the sweet spot.

PS going by Ads chrono results these will need downgraded from their current FPS

I just modded my mag catch and now all my AK mags fit. (G&P plum fits fine as well if your after some of them)

mightyjebus, in your opinion which of the ACM ones is the best?

the Kalash(dboys) wins hands down. it is nearly a direct copy of the VFC and it's gearbox actually sounds a lot better than the VFC. the finish is spot on. the only minor gripe is the wooden furniture which ,if you can find some ,replace with real steel. if you buy the kalash you will need to carry out the mod that snorkelman did for it to use all other types of AK 74 mags.

The CYMA is also a very good little AEG however it's not quite as accurate as the Kalash (upper receiver retainer is wrong, it's also wrong on the unicorn). the flash hider on the CYMA is also too thin.

the CYMA gearboxs in the unicorn and CYMA sound erm hard to explain..very metal..like they are slightly stressed.

the fake wood on the CYMA is actually very very good whereas the wood on the unicorn is oak for some reason and on the Kalash its a hardwood whereas they should all be laminate.

go for the Kalash, mod the mag catch, get some real wood furniture and you will have a very nice looking, sweet running AKS74UN