AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sbp, that AKMS is the best AK on these forums period.

And, I'm seriosly considering a clone AKSU for a back up gun. But, I want it to be reliable out of the box (I upgradetarded) and still have decent externals (I like doing some mods). I need performance over externals.

if you cant upgrade for yourself or pay someone else to do it the cyma would probably be your best bet. far superior internals (tightbore and metal bushings too).

you could always ask the people if they will do the work to a kalash before they send it if you want the externals as well

Wrong. Kalash externals are far stronger. Internals are cheap.

beg to disagree. not totally true, imho. bolt carrier rattles on the boyi, there's a gap between the receiver cover and the trunnion, the upper handguard is looser fitting than the cyma's, and the outer barrel is pot metal -- at least on the kalash that i have. :P

:assassin:

outer barrel is alloy on all of them so its a moot point Id prefer steel outer but at least kalash use side pins to avoid grub screw cut like the unicron could prove prone to and doesnt attach hop unit directly to an alloy outer barrel connsidering how little of an AKSU barrel is actually visible its the one part I have the least issue with being alloy.

rattly bolt compared to what? is no more rattly than late model VFCs far less rattly than early VFC ones and it looks like a 74 style bolt whereas cyma looks like a 47 bolt painted black no mater how stable it is. With a battery in place the bolt has zero rattle - theres around 2mm of side play if you put direct pressure on it but no rattle if you shake it around and even without a battery fitted it doesnt have the version 1 VFC issue of bolt falling inside the receiver.

I dont see any more of a gap between receiver cover and trunnion on mine than VFC or the real one and top handguard doesnt rattle anymore than real deal does either if anything the lousy hinge pin for the top cover is more of an issue than the 0.8mm gap between front of the cover and the trunnion

bottom line for me the Kalash looks like an AKSU in far more of its details than the cyma does. An anal fixation over details? absolutely but then this is the AK thread where wrong angle gas block can cause three bouts of palpitations 2 seizueres and a heart attack :)

Edited by snorkelman
never was an ELCAN fan, now i hate it even more after seeing that.

anyhoo, can anyone with a fullstock VFC AK74 tell me if: a. the stock is hollow and b. i can rewire it to fit a large battery in the stock?

The stock is not hollow and I don't believe you can (unfortunatley).

Hello,

Not my rifle, I skirmished for the first time at Alpha 55 last month but anyway this is the rifle I used so I thought I would stick it on. :D

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/383/image4bt2.jpg

P.S does anybody know what 'make' of rifle this is? I looked all over for the words 'Classic Army' for example and there was none to be found!?

Has anyone had any experience with one of these? Clicky!!

Its Cyma so should be nice quality, just wondering what it looks like.

Also what does an aimpoint look like on a (full length) AK with one of the above (side) mounts. I don't believe I have ever seen one... Is it that wrong :unsure:

Edited by The Taurus
outer barrel is alloy on all of them so its a moot point

sorry, but it is steel on mine. did the magnet test to make sure :P

bottom line for me the Kalash looks like an AKSU in far more of its details than the cyma does.

absolutely agree with you there, mate. and they both rate very high in airsoft play functionality, imho.

but when you are comparing one with the other, the devil is in the details ;) and the details can vary depending on the user's experience and anal level :P plus, ACM production standards are still sloppy so one unit from a maker can be quite different in quality from another unit from the same maker :rolleyes:

overall, have no beef with your observations. you've been quite fair and correct most of the time. however, judging from the feedback we're getting from flip kalash users, the units we're getting here have better quality than the ones you got.

cheers,

:assassin:

Edited by zentaurus

suggested that before - buy both swap the boxes and inner barrels over, then sell on the cyma with the dboys internals.. provided you have to take less of a price cut on that pre-owned cyma than just laying out cost of an inner barrel hop unit and metal bushings for the dboys could prove cheaper option :)