AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MPiKMbuildFrontandbody.jpg

MPi KM barrel (Demilled, chopped up) w/ gas block & front sight block , Romanian Gas tube, AKM slant muzzle break, G&G cleaning rod, East German synthetic furniture w/ bakelite lower, Romanian AKM bolt 40% complete), still one more surprise to come

MPiKMbuildbolt.jpg

Romy bolt. Needs much more work and fitting.

For those of you on here that don't know me, yes, I'm kinda insane. But my AK will be pretty awesome when it's done.

Edited by ComradeMP1
I had a similar discussion with a friend of mine. Although the AK104 is the modern 7.62 shooter, it would take modification to the point where it would essentially no longer be recognizable as an AK104. Seeing as the kits that would do this kind of modification are labled as an AKS-47S kit, I chose to stick with that name. Either way, there are many things you could call it. AK104U custom could work. But since it's a frankengun, it doesn't matter to me too much.

And the biggest reasoning behind going this complicated name giving route lies with the fact that I don't want to have to get new magazines for my newest AK variant. If I wanted to spend money on a bunch of midcap 74 magazines, it would simply be an AKS-74U with a surefire M83 rail. The name is merely to make it clear that it is possible to have an AK set up like an AKS-74U that fires 7.62 (no matter how uncontrollable this configuration might be in real life. But hey, that's why it's airsoft, right?)

ah, but the name is saying a. that it was designed in 1947 and b. that it has 2 folding stocks. and after all does an AKSU look like an AK74? not really, and as i say your gun would be more of a 'tactical' further shortened version of the AK104.

Anyway... Looks like great fun playing over there in the philippines,
Thanks...

you guys look like guerilla fighters :)
Beg to disagree....

we are not...

guerilla here wear no bdu...

just a plain short pants or maong jeans, t-shirt, sandals(sometimes combat shoes of dead army)...check this and this also.

they only wear complete set of bdu during news photo ops...

do i look like a guerrilla?

:P

Edited by Alakdan101
thats not a AKMS, for it to be a AKM it needs a AKM reciver, that is a 47 reciver

key word you missed was SRC, its what it says on the box so therefore it's an SRC AKMS, even if it isnt true to what an AKMS looks like, but that can be fixed easily by modding the body...

Star Rainbow Company, their the people who make that gun, therefore it is their take on it, its simple enough to mod the receiver if the guy wanted to but its hassle, not everything has to be 100% all the time

yes it may not be a true akm-s. but seeing how it was cheap and is reliable as any good ak should be, then I am fine with it. not everything has to be 100% correct all the time,as jaager mentoned otherwise airsoft to me will lose it's "fun" factor....

edited

Edited by crash commader

Im not saying youre ak is bad, im just saying calling it AKM is wrong since there is nothing AKM on it.

Calling it AKS47U would probobly fit better since its a AK47S with short front.

Edited by GRIM!