AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wasnt 'reactivated' in this country so I dont see that being a huge problem.

It was brought into the country as an airsoft gun, not a deact.

then by same token I could arrange to have any weapon converted to airsoft/air rifle so long as I had the work done outside the UK - I honestly dont see the authorities wearing that

By your theory realsword and some GWS AEGs would also be illegal :?

I dont think it applies to this scenario, as the gun is brought in as a single item, which is an airsoft gun

realsword doesnt use functional load bearing parts and im not sure if GWS does. but, yes if they use real steel, functioning load bearing parts they would be illegal in the UK.

and iloveics, would it really be worse than bursting into flames? :D that apparently happened a lot with OC-14s

real sword have already went to some length to state that while they use same construction materials the internals of their desings are not and never have been real firearms, much same as the Junkers AK. Thats qualitatively different from taking a real firearm, converting it to airsoft and bringing it into the UK

Yunkers CO2 AKs use RS gas blocks and receivers and are perfectly legal. I think your getting confused with purchasing pressure bearing parts on their own.

yunkers co2 air rifles do not use real steel receivers theres no internal rails from the centrefire version no magwell dimples the steel isnt heat treated the front trunnion is totally different and the gas block on those Ive seen are fake

Same goes for the makarov CO2 pistols - frames arent hardened, slide rails are different dimensions making it imposible to interchange slides, barrel trunnions are machined differently for same reason slide internals are different. The only interchangeable parts are trigger bar safety catch mainspring and pistol grip Even the triggers hammers and slidestop/ejector are different

With the issues in Chechnya the russian authorities imposed pretty strict requirements on this sort of stuff themselves. Sellers like to advertise 90 percent parts from the real thing etc but while some parts might have same starting point at best they're whipped off the line unfinished, and often just made from scratch specifically for the CO2 variants.

For US you can buy pretty much anything except a receiver and IIRC the fire control parts and its a s legal as owning a teddy bear. Thats why you see Comrade_MP1's MpiKM with a RS gas piston. I might do a conversion for RS gas block, tube, front sight, but the rest seem too damn hard. The stock on my Romy AIM that I'm working on is a b****. The pins are just basically screw with the heads cut off. 40% done with now.

Edited by dookieboy

Sounds cool Dookieboy

Ive had the ideas my self of buying a real romy AKM or AIM and convert to airsoft i just need to lookuo what parts are legal in sweden

btw since lack of AK pix i post a sig i painted in Photoshop :P

grimakmjw1.jpg

You can buy anything here in the US, long as it's not illegal to own. You can even go ahead and build your own weapons at home as long as they conform to certain laws, it's perfectly fine. I'm going to build a Romy G someday, of course being in california, there are further restrictions :/ .

MPiKMbuildFrontandbody.jpg

MPiKMbuildbolt.jpg

Yeah, I do have a Romy bolt in the works, just a lot of work and time. My AK is even going to have a mostly intact barrel except for the fact that it was cut in half and will need to be bored up to fit a inner barrel. I also know of some guy building Mosin Nagants out of real ones with only a few parts removed. I also remember seeing a guy used a real Bulgarian AK and modded the barrel and spent shells to take the bb's and use green gas, also believe that the gas system of the AK was also modded as used the blowback to load the next cartridge.

Gonna do the minimum inside my stock, gonna use a crane stock batt or a nun chuck. Gonna sand down the insides and use something so it will be pretty and no splinters.

Romywoodstockinside.jpg

I really like how solid and sturdy the screws are, so Im gonna try and use the screw for the stock, maybe even modify the tangs from either a real milled AK lower tang or tangs assembly from a CYMA CM.028 . I also do believe I got a second MPi handguard set coming in :)

MahRomywoodnRK.jpg

Fido, that is going to be awwwwwsome.

Grim, could be done, but the size dimensions are different and gonna have to do a lot of work. Pretty sure a gearbox won't fit inside because of the short length of the reciever. Quite possible to try and get a hold of a Real Sword Type 56 gearbox, but I think that's gonna be hard enough. Then stuff like anchoring the hop up and boring up the barrel for the inner barrel, man , lots of work, time, money.

Edited by ComradeMP1
I also remember seeing a guy used a real Bulgarian AK and modded the barrel and spent shells to take the bb's and use green gas, also believe that the gas system of the AK was also modded as used the blowback to load the next cartridge.

i think you mean the famous hoax by ?unconventional airsoft?

I have painted a AKM in Photoshop and have started making accerories so you can eazy swap and test what looks the best before you consider buying anything so you know how the resault gets, heres a pic of it what i have done so far, it will be relesed as a PSD later where all the parts are in difrent layers if you people are intrested in it? :)

Im going to do ultimak and Eaotech next, also come with ideas and provied me with pix and i might paint it :)

Edit: forgot the pic XD

akmixgrimog6.jpg

And heres a example of what you can do, i did my AIMS w vented upper

aimsko1.jpg

Edited by GRIM!