AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good all the way but only complaint is the gasblock is a 74 and the front ironsight, it would look better with a AKM gasblock and front ironsight as most "sopmod" aks are AKM's and you have a 7.62x39 mag in.

A Eotech would look nice :)

Now get a PIMP PMC to go with the gun :)

:P

I wasn't happy with my Krylon plum job on the handguards-

CYMAAK74PlumWood1a_small.png

So I stripped all that off, wiped it down with de-greaser, and threw it in a boiling stock-pot of RIT 'wine' dye-

'How-To' thanks to the great guys at Red Alliance!

AK74Plum2a_sml.png

AK74FenceSnow1a_sml.png

AK74Plum3a_sml.png

AK74Plum1_sml.png

AK74DeckSnow1a_sml.png

Boar: I got my ventilated top hand guard from Blackjack Buffers

Should be here next week!

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

Which the AKS74u?

I did take the steel-wool to it already, but not too much. I'm still an AK n00b so I'm researching the correct look. I've seen real-steel with the same color wood, so I'm not sure what to do there, and the Unicorn body seems to be easier to effect a 'worn' look on than the Kalash/DBoys- I think I need to use Snorklemans 'wet sanding' technique.

On the CYMA AK74, I'm actually kind of digging the plum- although the stock and mag still look kinda black unless they are in direct light. I'll get some of the plum mags for it and not sure what to do about the stock, I dyed it for almost 2 hours :rolleyes: It will have the vented top handguard on it this week a la GRIM!

Yeah do as me an Blink43va did, use your guide. lol. Ah.. ACM made goodness with DECENT QC. Now where is the AKM.... Hrm.. for christmas deciding what AK:

HELP ME CHOOSE GUYS!

A. Real Sword Type 56

B. G&G RK47

C. A couple of ACM AKM kits

D. Custom G&P M16VN The last one noone knows about .... lol dont hate! I have an indulgin taste.

Which the AKS74u?

I did take the steel-wool to it already, but not too much. I'm still an AK n00b so I'm researching the correct look. I've seen real-steel with the same color wood, so I'm not sure what to do there, and the Unicorn body seems to be easier to effect a 'worn' look on than the Kalash/DBoys- I think I need to use Snorklemans 'wet sanding' technique.

On the CYMA AK74, I'm actually kind of digging the plum- although the stock and mag still look kinda black unless they are in direct light. I'll get some of the plum mags for it and not sure what to do about the stock, I dyed it for almost 2 hours :rolleyes: It will have the vented top handguard on it this week a la GRIM!

Spray em with a clear coat of paint then dip em one more time. that will make the color hold better and give it a protective coating. also makesthe wear and tear look better over time.

Well, I'm not exactly an AK connoisseur, but I do have one. Here's my bone stock ICS AK-74M. I bought it off a friend simply because I wanted to be able to say I had an AK in my armory. So far I'm very happy with it, it is a fun rifle to skirmish with when I get bored of all my NATO weapons.

P1000416.jpg

and in the field:

P1000417.jpg

P1000422.jpg

Edited by validtumoralarm

Guinness,

Forget about Unicorn AKSU. It's the KLS one that looks the best of two (in term of accuracy of the finish compared to the real one, take a look here, if not already done). And yours particulary looks awesome. Maybe can you apply your "plum treatment" to the grip and refinish the handguard ;) The magazine needs special treatment too ^^ And finally remove the paint from some rivets and the stock locking mech ;)

Edited by lovecraft25