AK & Variants Picture Thread

Wow... that's a cool mod. :D

-Was it hard to put a '74 stock on it?

The only problem I had putting it together was the front hand guard. It's a little bit too long and too tall so you have to cut down a bit of the material... it's not hard with some modeling pliers. And also had to shave down a little bit of metal on the metal piece that holds the hand guard in place for the set screws to go back in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hate to interrupt such an intelligent discussion, but just saying 'Yuk' to someone's much loved gun, even if it isn't to your personal taste doesn't seem very constructive or useful. To use an old axiom 'If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Beta Spetz, it's a bit small and stubby, and seems a bit plasticky, but I think that the RDS and silencer look quite nice on that :)

Thanks Vamp,

The weapon is for CQB so I added the RDS for rapid target aquisition (sp?) and improved aiming at night. The silencer is because at 6' 7" i find it a little tiny if i ever use it outside.

And for the record it fires 1080rpm @ 310fps on an 8.4v battery! not bad for £120 worth of gun, fugly or not.

K_K

Kalashnikov Kid that's a cracking gun mate, don't listen to these unconstructive comments. :rolleyes:

I think a small flashlight on the rail would finish it off (IMO)

It has a 5mw red laser on the rail now. Torches should be gaffa taped to AK's lol ;)

I may have to call the gun marmite at this rate :D

K_K

No because the Cm.035 is made of a chunk of metal, ie not stamped so if it was steel it would be a milled type.. hence the weight INSTEAD of stamped. lol

the cyma is made from cast alloy not a billet of anything, thus milling doesnt and wouldnt come into it If cyma made an AKSU from steel they'd press it from steel sheet same as anyone else not mill it.

Thanks Vamp,

The weapon is for CQB so I added the RDS for rapid target aquisition (sp?) and improved aiming at night. The silencer is because at 6' 7" i find it a little tiny if i ever use it outside.

And for the record it fires 1080rpm @ 310fps on an 8.4v battery! not bad for £120 worth of gun, fugly or not.

K_K

No probs :)

And the RDS looks really cool, what is it?

:P

My 'bone stock' Kalash AKS74-

I gotta say, I love these guns :)

DBoyiAKS74new3a_sml.png

DBoyiAKS74new1a_sml.png

She's so purdy, I almost hesitate to weather her and mod her.....almost

;)

Budem Zdorovy!

Beautiful Guinness! I'm either getting one of those or the CYMA AKM for my next ACM.

Thanks Crunch!

I have a CYMA '74 and I have to say this- I think the Kalash shoots a bit harder and better out of the box- as well, there are no screws on the underside of the receiver as CYMA's have. So although the AKM I think is metal, the DBoyi bodies are still superior in my mind.

I will have pics up tomorrow, but I got one of the 'vented' handguards a la GRIM!. (becasue I'm a follower, not a leader :bleh: ) and it went directly on the Kalash with absolutely no modification- to put it on my CYMA I would have had to dremel, file, hack and bend it into shape- being a real-steel part I wasn't really keen on that idea.

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness
hate to interrupt such an intelligent discussion, but just saying 'Yuk' to someone's much loved gun, even if it isn't to your personal taste doesn't seem very constructive or useful. To use an old axiom 'If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Beta Spetz, it's a bit small and stubby, and seems a bit plasticky, but I think that the RDS and silencer look quite nice on that :)

I don't get how a normal TM spetsnaz gets so much attention.

Keep the pics coming Guinness, love'em!!! Always makes me want to BUY BUY BUY!!! I realy do want either DBoys AKS74U or this AKS74, but the Ino AK 104 kit is waiting for me (long time now <_< ) and I'm in a tight spot with Christmas, Kids, and seeing if I can pull off a Grinch this year ....Muhahahaha.