AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The MPiKMS-72 was build upon a Cyma AK74 (very few parts remain), combined with :

- King Arms AK74 metal full set

- Real Steel furnitures (lower handguard + gas tube + upper handguard)

- Inokatsu AKM gas chamber + frontsight + lower handguard retainer

- Core Unit DDR folding stock

...and my favorite tool : a Dremel :D

:P

My DBoyi AKS74 Stage II

DBoyiAKS74VH2_sml.png

DBoyiAKS74VHSnow1_sml.png

Thanks for the idea for the vented handguard GRIM!

I love DBoyi because the real-steel handguard and gas tube required absolutely NO modding and slipped right on the weapon- On my CYMA I would have had to dremel and file and hack it up to get it to fit <_<

Slainte!

I love DBoyi because the real-steel handguard and gas tube required absolutely NO modding and slipped right on the weapon- On my CYMA I would have had to dremel and file and hack it up to get it to fit <_<

Where do you put the battery now? :blink:

VFC>Inokatsu except when it comes to furniture :P

I agree, on pictures it looked good to me, but now that I own a VFC AKS I must say it looks like plastic furniture. That's why I swapped it for a RS one :D

The furniture on the new AIMS looks decent though, seems like they've seen the problem.

Where do you put the battery now? :blink:

Long stick battery fits under top cover same as always :)

Thanks for the posi comments guys!

Yeah FriendlyFire, the squirrels were feasting on peanuts in the snow this morning :P

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

sorry guiness, but im not keen on that. maybe its because you havent worked your magic on the gun yet, or it would probably look better if you refinished the vented handguard to match the matte finnish of the rest of the gun. i would say blue the whole gun to match, but AK74s were never blued to my knowledge and it just wouldnt look right IMO. and someone send that man a RS plum or bakelite mag for photography purposes :D

and frxharry, the battery will still go under the top cover and in the gas tube. not sure if the full length 74s have full gas tubes or just half ones like on my AKSU, but if its a half gas tube guinness can still always use a bit of black electrical tape to help reduce the battery visibility

Guiness,

What camera are you using to take the pictures? the quality is excellent.

Thank you sir!

I soldier on with an old Nikon D100 and a Tamron 17-50 2.8 ;)

And Puding, I bought the vented handguard from a place here in the states called "Blackjack Buffers"

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/

I'm not sure if they will ship internationally or not- let me know if you want one and perhaps I can help-

My Plague- Agreed, at first I was thinking maybe keeping her stock because well I think she is pretty that way too-

but then I thought "What the hell am I thinking??" so we'll see how she looks after I 'process-ize' her ;)

TBH though, I'm kinda digging the light shade of the vented- To me it looks like what will happen as that part gets heated from use.

Cheers to everyone for your kind comments!

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

i think if you lightly weather the whole lot, get a RS lower handguard, inokatsu pistol grip, refinish the upper handguard to match the AK finish and weather/refinish parts of it to try to emulate the sort of heating effect you also mentioned, while trying to keep it looking like it was meant to be there.

might be cool to dirty up a russian tourniquet and wrap that round the stock, afghanistan style. that whole setup would certainly give the more 'personalised' custom afghan era gunsmith look to it.

Uh oh. Incorrect AK variants. *puts on flame retardant suit*

HPIM0432.jpg

HPIM0433.jpg

Cheap/poor man's AK74. I know the wood is wrong, but I've been having a hard time sourcing both AK74 wood and metal body. Any idea where to get them in the Marui form?

Also you can see the WIP for an AK104. I know the gas tube is off, as is the retainer and length but meh. Made it out of spare parts so I can't be too picky. Naturally I've got the matching polymers to go with it.

Thoughts? Comments? Hate?

Cheap/poor man's AK74. I know the wood is wrong, but I've been having a hard time sourcing both AK74 wood and metal body. Any idea where to get them in the Marui form?

Body: http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?products_id=613

and looking at the wood all the usual sources seems to be out of stock other than

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/cgi-bin/sh0...11354#a1_211354

which is expensive

I had looked at the Element, and the amount of work they seem to take is a bit irritating. My dremel isn't particularly good. It had enough trouble just modifying the hand guard and retaining collars to accept them.

I remember a King arms being talked about somewhere, but can't find any record of it...

Just wondering if you guys know what the average fps are on new CYMA aks....? I got one yesterday, and other than being a total convert to ak ergonomics and the kilashifun... i realised i was doing 4-50m flat, with no hop... eep?

R

supposedly 370 ish according to airsoftscotland

(bad spelling sorry)

K_K