AK & Variants Picture Thread

nice work guinness. the wood is looking awesome, not wonderfully authentic as the russians used dark red plywood (that looks like a solid lump to me) but it still looks great and is a great improvment on the Dboys' frankly plasticy looking wood.

as for varnishing the mag, i'd buy a couple of boxes of MAG midcaps first. a. because theyre cheap, effective mids. and b. because theyre more authentic that that hicap, since the reinforcement ridges at the front didnt appear until plum was starting to be used.

i still say you should make the finish on the heatsheild and semi gloss parts match up with the gloss effect of the reciver. after that heavily weather the lot, get a soviet tourniquet, make the tourniquet look nice and used then wrap it around the stock for a custom soviet afghan style gun :)

Thanks man!

Question: If I replaced the '74 muzzle break with a slant, what if anything, would that make the gun? In other words is it acceptable to have a slant muzzle instead of that big honkin' AK74 break?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks man!

Question: If I replaced the '74 muzzle break with a slant, what if anything, would that make the gun? In other words is it acceptable to have a slant muzzle instead of that big honkin' AK74 break?

It wouldn't make it anything. Not to say it wouldn't look good though.

Not sure if it would look all that good with 5.45mm mags.

Anyone put an Ultimak on their replicas yet?

And for everyone against rails on an AK. Talk *beep* to Spetsgruppa A/Alpha Group. Because they are Ruskie's that use rails on their AKs.

No. They're real soldiers so they NEED THEM. Us AK Purists DON'T. Seriously, do you need a takitikal lazer lite on your gnu or a takitkal flashlite? No. They need lasers, flashlights, scopes, etc...

We don't...we shoot plastic at each other, they shoot lead.

Lasers = Not permitted at most sites

Scopes Sometimes useful for snipers, seeing father than you can shoot isn’t

Grip, handle = Since when do you need more control over a recoilless gun?

Silencer = Airsoft guns are already quieter that silenced RS guns and become utterly pointless when hicaps are used

Flashlight = Are you playing in the dark right now? If not you dont need it and when people do play in the dark they always seem to go stealthy and dont use them anyway

As for those Russians using them if im not mistaken they are a SWAT like unit and are very modern. Therefore they are not using 47s which look the worst with tactical accessories

I WILL NOT LET THIS THREAD FALL TO THE RIS DEVIL!!! :P

Edit:

"Railed" AK people should have their own thread.

Agreed or make a raped gun thread :)

Edited by Fin
Lasers = Not permitted at most sites

Scopes Sometimes useful for snipers, seeing father than you can shoot isn’t

Grip, handle = Since when do you need more control over a recoilless gun?

Silencer = Airsoft guns are already quieter that silenced RS guns and become utterly pointless when hicaps are used

Flashlight = Are you playing in the dark right now? If not you dont need it and when people do play in the dark they always seem to go stealthy and dont use them anyway

As for those Russians using them if im not mistaken they are a SWAT like unit and are very modern. Therefore they are not using 47s which look the worst with tactical accessories

I dunno man, that's taking it a bit far.

This thread isn't nation specific. There is already a Russian pictures thread, so I am sure you treat it like the WW2 thread and use it for gear and weapons.

As for accessories being used by Russians:

7.jpg

17977646335.jpg

a_3627.jpg

05.jpg

"Railed" AK people should have their own thread.

I disagree with that.

There still ak's just because you don't like them doesn't mean they should go make there own thread.

And I thought this was airsoft, we replicate real forces................ If spetsnaz use tac laser, why shouldn't someone going for a spetsnaz look?

EDIT: Hey while were at it shall we make a thread for Ak47's, AKM's, Ak74s, "ris" ak's and one for ak's like mine, which is made from all authentic parts but its not really anything.

Edited by iloveics
And I thought this was airsoft, we replicate real forces................ If spetsnaz use tac laser, why shouldn't someone going for a spetsnaz look?

but the stuff that "Spetsnaz" would use arnt attached to the guns with RIZRAZ!! their usually attached to the barrel!

Took some pix of my AIMS today to show how you should use a AK^^ And for those who wanted to see how the steelveted upper handguard looked on :)

dsc0057it3.jpg

DBoyiAKS74Aged2_sml.png

Ok, here is where I ask for an education again-

GRIM!'s gun is a AIMS- It's his weapon that I got the inspiration for the vented handguard. I obviously don't have the 'Coat Hanger' folding stock or the 'Equus Asinus Phalus' front grip, but my n00bish eyes see the receiver as the same- so what makes his an AIMS and what makes mine an AK74? where are the differences in the receiver so I will know in the future?

...And beautiful weapon GRIM! :)

Thanks!

And for everyone against rails on an AK. Talk *beep* to Spetsgruppa A/Alpha Group. Because they are Ruskie's that use rails on their AKs.

Here you're talking out of your *albatross*. Yes, there are photographs of Russian and (mostly) Ukrainian soldiers using rails on their AKs. I've seen the photos. Both sets of photographs were taken during T&E stages (Testing & Evaluation) of equipment from all over the world, including domestic and international manufacturers. At present, when photos of the creme de la creme of the Russian special forces do come out, very rarely (if ever) are rails seen. The only western accessories that have really taken hold are (surprisingly) optics. I say surprisingly because the Russian and Belorussian factories produce optics that are on par for cheaper (as anyone who's used a Kobra or PKAS will tell you).

I really wish people would stop jumping on the MilPho bandwagon of making retard assumptions from a single set of photographs.

GRIM!'s gun is a AIMS- It's his weapon that I got the inspiration for the vented handguard. I obviously don't have the 'Coat Hanger' folding stock or the 'Equus Asinus Phalus' front grip, but my n00bish eyes see the receiver as the same- so what makes his an AIMS and what makes mine an AK74? where are the differences in the receiver so I will know in the future?

The receiver is the same, the difference is the magazines and the barrel. The gas chamber on the AK74 is far more squared off than the AKM gas chamber, and the front sight base is also different. Add in the AK74 magazine, and it's an obvious AK74. If you wanted to turn it into an AKM it would necessitate changing the gas block, front sight base, and magazine

Edited by PlasticMag

I love that I make retard assumptions, when in reality. Most pictures of Russian soldiers are several years old. You're all stubborn, and purists who have nothing better to do ,but declare there is a set way to do everything. You have proven no facts against Russian's using rails besides the words from your mouth. So continue to prove me "wrong" with photos from 2000, and declare that I am talking out of my *albatross*. Then go back into your pathetic little shell of self-accomplishment believing you made a difference.

Well, no. Not really. The stocks are different but most people can't tell, and in fact late AKMs have been spotted with AK74 stocks (I have no idea why, but I have two photos showing them - I suppose a field-expedient repair is the most obvious answer).

Well I'm talking about the folding stock version, not the solid stock...

I love that I make retard assumptions, when in reality. Most pictures of Russian soldiers are several years old. You're all stubborn, and purists who have nothing better to do ,but declare there is a set way to do everything. You have proven no facts against Russian's using rails besides the words from your mouth. So continue to prove me "wrong" with photos from 2000, and declare that I am talking out of my *albatross*. Then go back into your pathetic little shell of self-accomplishment believing you made a difference.

bawww.png