AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That VFC AIMS looks weird in the coulor, feels like a toy :/ im not saying this because i own a inokatsu i could sell it and buy two vfc AIMS if i wanted but its what i really think, the pistolgrip looks like melted ice cream and the coulor is too much matte black.

Edited by GRIM!
That VFC AIMS looks weird in the coulor, feels like a toy :/ im not saying this because i own a inokatsu i could sell it and buy two vfc AIMS if i wanted but its what i really think, the pistolgrip looks like melted ice cream and the coulor is too much matte black.

I have to agree. maybe it's just the photograph but the wood looks really orange, the receiver is a dull Matt black and the pistol grip is an attempt to copy the real steel 2 tone bakalite one. Maybe sticking some RS furniture and taking a sanding pad to the grip to dull it down would help. As for the receiver I have no idea to make it more RS looking. Maybe Snorkelman has some ideas.

I have to agree. maybe it's just the photograph but the wood looks really orange, the receiver is a dull Matt black and the pistol grip is an attempt to copy the real steel 2 tone bakalite one. Maybe sticking some RS furniture and taking a sanding pad to the grip to dull it down would help. As for the receiver I have no idea to make it more RS looking. Maybe Snorkelman has some ideas.

strip the paint on the metalwork and blue it. thats what i'd do.

its definately the picture people, my camera is a piece of ######. the wood is way less orange than it looks, but the grip is the biggest dissapointment.

as far as the paint color, the reciever and the cover are pretty much the same, it just showed up differently because of my crappy camera. So don't let my POS camera dissapoint you with this gun, its truely beautiful.

it actually looks like a combination of bad lighting and bad camera. Try to take your pictures in filtered daylight (noon in the shade or just after tea in the back garden.

stay out of direct sunlight and stay away from those incandescent bulbs and youll see truer colors in the final image.

Badger did you have to custom mod your rk for those? I have one and the lack of aftermarket prices are making me wish I had gotten a TM or other

The RIS pictured there is a G&G Tactical Hand Guard, cost the Badger $52 shipped from WGC

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...98_srch_g&g

The Badger would point out however that the rails are plastic, and light weight (good thing or bad thing, your decision) and its a pain in the tail section to get the lower piece in properly, but with enough force, anything is possible ;)

Sounds like someone's jealous. :P

Omg its just my opinion so its not a personal bash but omg that looks royaly wank is that really VFC? that looks to me anyways like a cheap clone you see on a market stool the wood looks really fake and the grip looks rubbish and fake. Possibly the most unrealistic ak i have ever seen.

Nice and tactful about someones $400 gun........... :P

Omg its just my opinion so its not a personal bash but omg that looks royaly wank is that really VFC? that looks to me anyways like a cheap clone you see on a market stool the wood looks really fake and the grip looks rubbish and fake. Possibly the most unrealistic ak i have ever seen.

ehh well were all entitled to our own opinions, but its definately a vfc.

and roob, i can't access it till after christmas, I'll take some pictures afterwards.

I'm sorry to derail a bit here, but this is the best Place to ask an AK-specific Question.

Does anyone know if there are short Magazines available for AKs, that fit VFC? Preferably the same style as the M16VN-Mags.

Also, would it be possible to buy a VFC AK-74, then convert it into an AKS?

Thanks,

FG

I'm sorry to derail a bit here, but this is the best Place to ask an AK-specific Question.

Does anyone know if there are short Magazines available for AKs, that fit VFC? Preferably the same style as the M16VN-Mags.

Also, would it be possible to buy a VFC AK-74, then convert it into an AKS?

Thanks,

FG

The only short mags available are the Marui spets ones that are wrong calibre for a 74 and are hi caps (which you dont use in a beautiful steel gun). 20 Round mags were tested for RS but there wasn’t much point and everybody was happy with the 30 round ones.

Why convert it to a AKS when you can just buy a AKS?