AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i agree with you somewhat RandomBS, he wants a tactical AK The nerve of him.

And for wicaed the stock and its folding mechinism were simply attached to where the normal stock goes (i can pm you some pics if you want them (pm me)), i bought it from somebody on the fourm but i cant find him because as ushal its going slow

Might as well add my new AK up here... Started out as a parts CYMA AK, as it, uh didn't work perfectley in semi :D £30 to me. bargain!

First off, I HAD to get rid of that tacky shiny plastic body. So, I stripped the gun down, fixed the semi problem, and sprayed all the plastic I could get hold of black. Left the wood, uh, wood colourd, though.

Tonight, instead of sleeping, I've been making a couple of modifications to it... Prepare for lots of pics!

First, the AK as it once was...

Img11.jpg

All nice and stock. Now, the AK as it is now...

Img32.jpg

Yep. I added a masterkey to my AK :D It looked a bit off, what with it being longer than the barrel, so i slapped my tracer unit on. Sorted, looks the nads now, IMHO. Now, a closer shot of the shotgun...

Img34.jpg

And aprt of how it attaches...

Img35.jpg

That's just an old low scope mount I had, padded out with corrugated cardboard. For extra security, there's a small bolt going through the top of the RIS and the middle of the AK's foregrip. Then there's a nice amount of paracord to make it more secure. no Duct tape around, I'm afraid :(

Next, a quick shot of the Tracer unit and end of the shotty...

Img37.jpg

And what it looks like from the shooting end - not, I had to hold it in my left hand, as I suck at taking piccys with my left hand ;)

Img39.jpg

Finaly, the business end of the whole shebang. I know *I* wouldn't want to be at this end of it!

Img38.jpg

So. Standard AK47 with an underslung masterkey. Not really tactical, as It's Bodged on. So, what do you all think? Does it qualify as a decent AK, or should I get it off as fast as I humanly can? ;)

Oh, and for those whoa re interested, it's a qun wei shell ejector - nothing fancy, and it's the most last ditch of my last ditch weapons, but still - It's a shell ejector, and it looks the nads, in my opinion! And it was dirt cheap...

Congrats...thats the first thing I've never seen done to an AK --- is the shotty at all useable during play? Looks like the pump would be a bit of a reach...

Heh, thanks... It IS mainly for decoration, being a shell ejector with about 200 fps and no hop... but what the hell, it's fun! :D It *IS* Useable, but You've got to shift the entire gun to get at it comfortably. I'm 6'2", and have long gangly arms, and it's a bit of a reach even for me.

But, that's not the point ;)

EDIT - Scratch that, I've just picked the gun up and had a bit of a play with it, and I've realized it's well withing the reach of my gangly arms ^_^

Wow. Original. Could I ask a favor? Could you put up a pic with a mag in the gun? I'm just curious. :)

I'm afraid not, as, uh, I don't have a mag for the AK yet. I bought it at the local skirmish site, and the previous owner didn't have the mag with him, so it should be in the post - who knows, maybe it'll arrive today? :D

Edited by MDK_Marshal
Needs a ribbed receiver cover and an AKM muzzle break. One that looks like /__|

Sorry, it's not that easy. It also needs a stamped receiver (like the one on CA's SLR-105 or the ICS AK-74), a smooth (hole-less) gas tube, and a different (slimmer, yet still slanted) AKM-type gas block. It also needs a different lower handguard retainer (with a sling eyelet), and a completely different, slimmer front sight post.

The underfolding stock should ideally be the stamped kind too, and the pistolgrip should be the later bakelite type (although the AK-47ish wooden kind is sometimes seen on AKMs, too)

The rear sight is different, as well.

To be blunt, it's tough to find two parts on an Ak-47 and AKM that are the same. It's a completely different gun.

It's not that hard to make such a conversion, though, and you don't even need to buy a new receiver - I did that myself once. In a couple of hours I'll repost those photos ;)

Okay - my pile of AK goodness...featuring...

TM AK47 + $122 = AK-74

VFC AKSU-74 standard

VFC AK-74 w/ 400 fps upgrade

for the keen eyed observer...they are sitting on one of my...two...COUNT EM, two 6SH-92 vests! This has been a good week (two of those guns arrived this week)

akheavenzoom.jpg

akheaven2.jpg

AKheaven1.jpg

:P:D