AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Created by Janboy, owned by me ;) (I'm talking about the bakelite mag. of course)

FINALLY! :D I was starting to worry those post office SOBs snagged it.

I hope it feeds well with your particular gun :)

Edited by jonboy2312

This is it, guys... it's a farewell to my Beryl rifle. All thanks to the Canadian immigration offices, who charge 1040 dollars for the permanent residency right (even though I'm married to a Canadian!) and processing fees. That, and almost 2000 bucks for airplane tickets to make our move... :(

I have no choice but to sell at least one of my two custom rifles. I've let the Beryl go, as it's less "perfect" than the C7, and I'm promising myself that one day I'm going to rebuild it, and rebuild it better and more accurate, on a steel version SLR-105, with more authentic parts.

For now, though, this was the last photoshoot with this gun... later this week I'll be sending it to its new owner. At least he's a very serious modern Polish Army re-enacter, so it'll be in good, caring hands.

dsc0308cw8.jpg

dsc0303im5.jpg

dsc0301gx8.jpg

dsc0296ayl0.jpg

dsc0310yz8.jpg

Edited by jonboy2312
Shroom please tell me how you did that, I must have one!

its actually pretty easy, but havent figured out how to make the latch spring work yet.

cut the red lined part, and then cut the stock extention block off the reciever. the lower half will slide/wedge under the opening in the low rear of reciever.

cutthis.jpg

from there, there is a few ways to mount, the top lines up fine, just need to widen the the part where the upper tang slides into stock.

widen.jpg

now for a solid mount on the lower there are a few things you could do

1. tap a small bolt threw the inside rear of the reciver into the stock trunion block

2. slap some jb weld on the lower prongs that wedge(what I did)

3. think of another creative way, im sure there are more :D

Mines pretty solid fit for mine, i can swing it like a bat from the stock.

Aww, come on guys, that simply means I'll build a nicer one afterwards.

The thing is, my wife and I are moving to Canada for a couple of years. I wanted to keep both rifles here for our return (laws prohibit "importing" them to Canada), but the Canadian immigration offices charge 4 digits (in dollars!) for their application processing fees. So that, added to the equally insane ticket prices, simply means I have no choice - and I have to sell off a lot of my precious belongings :(

I'll build a temporary budget gun for playing in Canada. I'm thinking SLR-105 with AKM laminate wood up front and late AK-47 laminate wood stock (AKM stock wouldn't fit CA's old-type stock prongs). I've always wanted to do something like that. Unless I manage to buy another parts set from the manufacturer - could be tricky, as I have to save money! I don't think anyone would sponsor me :D

And I swear that I'll build another (even better!) beryl upon my return.

Besides, it's not like that rifle is lost or anything. It'll just mean there will be even more of these out there ;) Maybe the new owner will post here, too :)

Edited by jonboy2312
jonboy2312-nice ak!

Crunchy bunny: www.haircut/styles/mop/shaveoff.com.htm

YOU GOON/G33K/N3RD/AMERICAN LANKY WEASEL.

bubba out..

I'm not sure I grasped your concept. But, you think I'm a nerd? Just because I have glasses? Do you think that about everyone?. If you talking about the pics with my shemag around my neck and it making my hair appear long, it's not it was laying on the Shemag making it look longer. If you people did think it was to long you be happy to know I cut it on Saturday. And I don't even know what an "American Lanky Weasal" is. If it insults my heritage than **** off I love my American Heritage and I don't care what anyone says.

Your post (and neg repping me) where completely uncalled for. Think before you post/rep people please.

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

WTF was up with ur load is gay/ u look like a nerd. Real immature christoff.......Yes I used to wear glasses but switched over to contacts, crunch bunny you might like 'em if you try 'em! Well they worked for me. Get the acuve night and day cause there comfy if u plan to get em.

-=dookieboy=-