AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, since the thread I posted in the techie section hasn't got any response, I'll ask here :)

I'm looking into getting an SRC Krinkov on the basis that, externally it's got everything I need (full metal body, rails, equivalent to vert grip) and internally I'd be replacing everything regardless :P

Therein lies the problem, I already have a TM AK47 and I want the mags to be compatable as it'll save me a few quid :)

And that's what I'm turning to you guys for, can anyone confirm whether or not SRC and TM AK mags are one and the same, and thus are both compatable in both guns? :)

Any help/insight/links etc would be gratefully received ^_^

:geek:

The SRC is a copy of the TM as far as everything goes. It is just in a different body. The mags will work.

Thanks ^^ if you like the more unique and unusual AK variations, check out http://www.works11.com/gallery2/ - they have a fabulous, detailed gallery on the M88 Tantal, Beryl's predecessor in 5.45mm. It's pretty much the same gun, 3-round burst, Beryl-like takedown and a sidefolding stock, but with a completely different, eastern-like feel to it. Check it out :)

Edited by jonboy2312

Also posted in the latest Acquisition thread, but had to keep this awsome thread alive! (and I just got my first 2 AKs... at once!)

ICS AK 74 + VFC AKS-74UN Standard (my darling!)

DSC01893.jpg

AKS-74UN w/ stock folded

DSC01898.jpg

AKS-74UN markings

DSC01897.jpg

AK74

DSC01901.jpg

AK74 markings (NO Armory USA trades! Hooray!)

DSC01904.jpg

Enjoy

Wow that is probably the best wood I've seen on AK Sgt. Craig ^_^ . Any Idea as to what type of wood it is?

Cheap E-bay wood, cost around £30 posted :)

Its not bad, nothing like the wood on a real steel AK, but certainly nicer than having the usual plastic.

only problem with it is that you can't get a large battery in the stock (so for this gun i'm using stick batts in the top) But i'm going to get my mate who is a dab hand with a chisel to sort it.

Edited by Sgt Craig
Cheap E-bay wood, cost around £30 posted :)

Its not bad, nothing like the wood on a real steel AK, but certainly nicer than having the usual plastic.

only problem with it is that you can't get a large battery in the stock (so for this gun i'm using stick batts in the top) But i'm going to get my mate who is a dab hand with a chisel to sort it.

Wow then I was really fooled by the looks :huh: . Could've thought it was some sort of high dollar walnut possibly. Still looks great though...;)

Edited by browningman

I must say that being an AK owner just brings me so much joy and happiness... It's as if I had been denying myself the urge to acquire an AK... (the first AEG I ever held was an TM AK47 at AEX Santa Clara back when it was just the one store on Bascom Ave... I fell in love, but somehow went home with a MC51) and now years later, I can finally say that I am an AK owner (well owner of AKs really 2 and counting) and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!