AK & Variants Picture Thread

Agreed. Just because we have a wider parts availability now because of the sudden AK fetish the market has taken on doesn't mean we should be any more harsh with criticisms. We can just call the not-quite-there guns custom like everyone else does and move on. :)

lol o yea?

you're mom's an astronaut!

And why'd you have to take it so far? ;__;

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not picky im just telling, you cant call something whats its not.

if youre not sure, just say AK or Kalashnikov :P cus saying AKM you are specific about what Kalashnikov you have.

@Hoppum: i mean the front of the gastube, dont know if its classed as the gasstube or got a difrent name but the front where the tube conects is moore rounder cylinder shaped on 74, AKM/47 looks difrent. Hope u know what i mean.

74 http://www.gb-tech.jp/images/AKS74/AKS74GasTubeSmall).jpg

AKM http://ultimak.com/AKStockR&R/AKR&RFig8.jpg

bakito-2.jpg

Having been a devoted user of M4s for years, I thought it would be nice to get an AK to go with my Afghan SF look (no, not the the look in the pic :D).

So.. I went and got myself a CYMA 74 and the action woodkit, as well as MAG midcaps to go with it. As seen in the picture, the wood looks horrible at the moment, and the mags are in dire need of repainting. I scavenged through the forums and the first ~15 and last ~5 pages of this topic for any tips on improving the look of wooden AK furniture, but all I found concerned making plastic wood-imitation look more like wood.

Is there somewhere I could look for the kind of How-to described above? Also give me your opinion on which color to paint the mags.

P.S If there is a thread instructing to improve wooden furniture already, forgive my inability to search.

@Hoppum: i mean the front of the gastube, dont know if its classed as the gasstube or got a difrent name but the front where the tube conects is moore rounder cylinder shaped on 74, AKM/47 looks difrent. Hope u know what i mean.

gas block?

despite not being as accurate as accurate as it could be Damage has a very nice AK

precisely what i said

It's meant for you to stfu and enjoy the picture  :)

...i did. i saw the hail of 'OMG not an AKM!' comments coming in so i thought i may as well be the first to say it but with a more positive tone.

well I got a set on order, should be here in a week. Haha, but yeah Im an AK nerd. 9/10 people in this thread are probly wondering who the hell laukart is :) and the 1/10 is plastic mag ;)

If you want a good matching wood pistol grip, check this one out

http://www.inokatsu.com/product/item.asp?l...6&idproduct=432

you can get it from

http://www.russianmaniaworkshop.com/shop.asp

its not on there site but if you email them, they have it. Mine was 51 bucks shipped but its well worth it.

Edited by Shroomalistic
bakito-2.jpg

Having been a devoted user of M4s for years, I thought it would be nice to get an AK to go with my Afghan SF look (no, not the the look in the pic :D).

So.. I went and got myself a CYMA 74 and the action woodkit, as well as MAG midcaps to go with it. As seen in the picture, the wood looks horrible at the moment, and the mags are in dire need of repainting. I scavenged through the forums and the first ~15 and last ~5 pages of this topic for any tips on improving the look of wooden AK furniture, but all I found concerned making plastic wood-imitation look more like wood.

Is there somewhere I could look for the kind of How-to described above? Also give me your opinion on which color to paint the mags.

P.S If there is a thread instructing to improve wooden furniture already, forgive my inability to search.

As ive said many times, the 7.62x39 ammo doesent go in a AK74.

You proboly thought you bought AK74 mags but those are AKM bakelite mags wich are for AKM and AK47

The AK74 mags are more straight and not as bendt as the AKM/47 mags.