AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to have a RK47 and it uses the G&G AK47 Magnesium receiver (a copy of the G&P), which seems compatible with the Marui AK47 design.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i..._srch_magnesium

gg08027ff9.jpg

Below some pics of my former RK47 to illustrate this

24477586an2.jpg

30181522dg0.jpg

41746954ze1.jpg

47696450bs3.jpg

I bet that aftermarket wood will fit, with slight modding at much.

Edited by lordyeray

My brother got one.

all the bad points I realised until now:

- Sling swivel is sh*t, don't trust him, or you can see your gun fall down. :angry:

- Fire selector becomes loose from time to time and then you have to fix that because he will fall off quickly enough.

- Mountbase needs a bit of customisation if you want to fit a real Kobra-scope.

- No "QD"-opening at the stock, you have to unscrew the buttplate for charging the battery, but with the enormous batteries you can fit, who cares ;)

There's a large battery, 8.4V and manymany mAh, don't know exactly, but something 3800+. You have a bit to arrange with the fuse and the wires, but then its no problem to fit it in.

With 8.4V the ROF is very good, no need for a higher voltage battery.

She also shoots very good, nice fps out of the box, quite precise (TN-barrel should be installed from factory).

It's a really solid gun, beautiful with the wood, and a good price.

He know has it for about a half year, no problems until yet, no broken parts on the inside, good unt trustworthy gun.

For this price to get such a gun, you can forget the bad points, because there are many possibilities to fix it.

- Sling around the stock

- Battery is large enough, you never have to change it during a game, he more than once played 3-4 weekends without charging it between

- preparing the scope-mount isn't a big thing, or you can just leave it without scope to enjoy pure AK47-goodness

Its a really good to buy gun!

Questions? :)

Lordyeray would you recommend the G&G rk47?, what are the good and bad points about it?

ok, here we go!

The G&G RK47

Pros:

- Nice internals (everything reinforced, metal bushings, metal hop up chamber...)

- Powerful (360fps stock) and accurate ( stock 6.04mm tightbore ).

- Full Metal & Wood, able to hold a 9.6v Large battery in the stock.

- Proper field stripping, and best bolt out there.

- Relatively cheap ($310) for what you get.

Cons:

- Not 100% accurate (no AK47 with milled receiver got a rail ever)

- Selector lever tends to be loose frequently.

- The cleaning rod isn´t full size (as in the VFC).

- The steel parts are nice (front sight, rear sight, siderail and trigger guard). Other parts as the barrel (aluminum) are just ok. And some parts as the magnesium receiver are a bit shabby, even a $30 Element AK body feels better.

- About the wood.... well it's wood, but nowhere as nice as Inokatsu or Real Steel wood.

- Huge and unconfy wood pistol grip. An Element AKM pistol grip is MUCH more confortable.

pistolgripez8.jpg

Overall... if you are not an AK purist, who want an accurate gun and love to see and feel nice steel receivers, furniture, etc, is a nice gun.

are we all ABSOLUTELY sure the G&G RK47 cant take, say, inokatsu etc recievers?

and how easily do the stock tangs break? i'd imagine it's have to take quite some punishment first. any way of reinforcing them.

because if theres a way to get the furnature to look as purdy as the realsword stuff and i can buy a spike bayonet, im tempted to ditch my ICS in favor of a G&G.

yo GRIM, found a perfect vest for ya

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Iraqi-Special-Forc...oQQcmdZViewItem

sorry to keep bringing up your setup, lmk if you've already finalized it.

Thx but i allready have a vest like that but in OD, i really love it, its very comfortable and ak mags are very easy to get up and down.

Heres a pic, do you think it would work with the iraqi gear?

grimaims2kj1.jpg

Im going to be ordering my new ak from HK tonight which of these should I order?

1) Upgraded cyma

-CYMA AK47S Tactical folding stock

-HurricanE Tune-up Kit for AK M100

-Hurricane Super Gear Set (High Speed Ratio)

-Systema Metal Shim Set

-Systema BS Precision Barrel for AK (455mm)

-King Arms AK47S Metal Body

-G&P AK Wood Kit for Marui AK47s

-Intellect 9.6V 1400mAh High-Cap 8 Cells - AK Pack

This will be around £225/$450 with postage

2)

-G&G RK47

-Battery

-Spare magazine

This will be around £230/$460 with postage

3)

-VFC AKS74U DX (what the diference between DX ver 1 & 2?)

-Battery (what voltage would you recommend?)

-Spare Mag

Dont know the overall price but will be about £300/$600 with postage

What would you choose and why?, my frieands disagree which one i should get

Thanks

anybody made a Zastava M76 rifle ? ive PM'd one guy off here who did it, just wondering if anybody else did.

im most interested in making the mags right. unfortunately the gy ive contacted hasnt been able to do anything about the problem, so is using ak mags. im looking at somehow modding some cheap M14 mags to work. even if its just sticking the shell over an ak mag.