AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

might finally get some pics up soon of my SU and 103 (ok, so its a late model AK74 with a 7.62x39 mag, whatcha gonna do? :P )

is that the stock reciever on that cyma slash?

ooh, and some time in the near future might get pics of my friend's RPK74 (work in process). a couple of things, does anyone know if there are any differences between parts of the RPK74 and AK74 (apart from the obvious rear sight, furnature, barrel, bipod etc)?

might finally get some pics up soon of my SU and 103 (ok, so its a late model AK74 with a 7.62x39 mag, whatcha gonna do?  :P )

is that the stock reciever on that cyma slash?

ooh, and some time in the near future might get pics of my friend's RPK74 (work in process). a couple of things, does anyone know if there are any differences between parts of the RPK74 and AK74 (apart from the obvious rear sight, furnature, barrel, bipod etc)?

Top cover, Rear sight, receiver, lower handguard retainer, furniture, barrel, front sight, bipod, flashhider/muzzlebreak, gasblock...

It's quite a different gun..

well the muzzle break appears to be identical to that of the original RPK which shouldnt be a problem, neither should the front sight. is the gasblock an AK47 type then? if so that shouldnt be a problem either (does anyone know if the cyma AK74 and 47 have separable gas tubes/blocks?) the reciever cover looks like a flat type which also shouldnt be a problem.

now i look at the reciever i can see the difference. what's closer in appearance: a 47 style receiver or 74 style reciever? and is there any way to easily mod the reciever to make it look a bit more convincing.

oh, and the RPK furnature is the same as that of the RPK74 right?

just how dark are the MAG plum midcaps? i'd been considering buying their bakelite ones for my 74u and woodkitting my polymer funature AK, but seeing how good the plum ones look is tempting me.

how weird do the plum mags look a a gun with black furnature (pics would be great if anyone would be kind enough)

edit: actually if anyone has some plum and bakelite mags and a fullstock wood kitted AK74 could you take some pics so i can compare?

Edited by my_plague_666

Mag plum mags are very dark and look very good compared to the real ones (if they had trades they would be perfect)

They look good with AK with black furniture (real ones are still using bakelite coloured ones and look good)

I'll take you one when i get my plum mags, which means i'll have to change the furniture over but ow well

cheers mate, i think its pretty much settled i'll buy some plum mags. i want mags that will work well with both my AKs (74UN and 74N/AK103) i think my 74N looks kickass with 7.62 steel mags but the 74un looks awful with them.

now i just have to decide whether to try to mod a chinese laminated woodkit (shouldnt be too hard) onto my ICS 74N or leave it with black furnature.

no, im refering to the ICS AK74M. which isnt actually an AK74M, its a late AK74n (polymer furniture, sidemount), i just call it a half assed AK103 as i tend to use steel 7.62 mags in it.

and i wasn't really talking about functionality of the mags, as ive heard countless people sing the praises of MAG mags, i was wondering about the appearance.

Whooooooo boy, been a whiles since I posted in here.

Just finished a custom PBS-style silencer for a client, to go with the PMC/Spetznaz-esque AK-Ninja that I built for him. Also, for bonus, here is the AKMS-Carbine I built for him too.

AKNsilencer1.jpg

AKNsilencer2.jpg

AKNsilencer3.jpg

AKNsilencer4.jpg

AKNsilencer.jpg

AKMScarbine1.jpg

AKMScarbine2.jpg

AKMScarbine3.jpg

AKMScarbine4.jpg

AKMScarbine.jpg