Matrix L96 Rifle (The AWP!)

osovega

Lots of people know the L96 bolt action rifle as the AWP from Counter-Strike. In the game, it was expensive, and if used correctly, really irritating for the other team as they got clipped down in groups of 3 and 4. Interestingly enough, that's true for its airsoft counter parts. A well placed airsoft sniper can easily pick off unsuspecting groups of skirmishers with this rifle from far away and really tick them off!

Tanaka and Marushin have been making this particular rifle now for a few years, and each one retails for over $400. It's hard to find in the US or UK, and you usually have to order from an overseas retailer somewhere in Hong Kong. But now, thanks to Matrix and Evike, there's a way more cost effective version of this this great rifle. It's a bit under $200 (USD), but fires at over 460FPS with a .20 gram BB. The build quality is great as the entire frame of the rifle is made from one thick piece of ABS plastic, and the bolt is made entirely out of metal. Just install a bipod and a scope on the integrated rail, and you're in business!

The rifle isn't slotted to come out until 2007, but that just means you get a few more months to save up your lunch money for when the gun arrives. Be sure to check out the link below.

https://www.evike.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv...ode=NEWARRIVALS

But now, thanks to Matrix and Evike, there's a way more cost effective version of this this great rifle. It's a bit under $200 (USD), but fires at over 460FPS with a .20 gram BB. The build quality is great as the entire frame of the rifle is made from one thick piece of ABS plastic, and the bolt is made entirely out of metal. Just install a bipod and a scope on the integrated rail, and you're in business!

The rifle isn't slotted to come out until 2007, but that just means you get a few more months to save up your lunch money for when the gun arrives. Be sure to check out the link below.

You sound like you work for evike. Honestly, not cool.

Plus search, there's always a thread active about this gun.

I spotted this on Evike's site yesterday had to chuckle at the "better than the $400 Marushen" claim. Errr....no. But at Gunner's $100 price tag, you've freed up a lot of revenue for upgrades, and that's the charm of it.

And where do Evike get off whapping an extra $69 onto "their" L96? Is that to cover the cost of the new box they'll put it in, and the extra hyperbole?

gunner without scope like evike model: 89$

$120 with scope

evike = loose

old news with daft COUNTER STRIKE comments = loose

its not an awp

and the gun was the arctic warfare magnum not awp, daft css typo

awm is a different .50 gun l96 is 7.62 :)

Actually, the AWM is in .338 Lapua Magnum.

the AI AW in .50 is called the AW-50

Sounds a lot like this guy works for Evike. The first post sounds a lot like an advert to me.

Gunner Airsoft, ICS and Madbull (that I can think of) all let people know about new products in the news forum. If you DO work for Evike then I suggest you do the decent thing and sign up as Evike and post things in the proper forum.

As for this wonderful gun that's coming from Evike in 2007, here's some pic's of mine, which I got from Gunner Airsoft for $140-odd including a replica Leupold M3 LRT scope.

In the original black:-

DSC_0812.jpg

In alleged olive green:-

DSC_0899.jpg

In a darker green:-

DSC_0902.jpg

In the rain, while accuracy testing, a month or so ago:-

DSC_0792.jpg

and can people not neg rep this guy for his post please?

its stupid and childish and like most reps these days, not what the system was in place for...

To be fair, I imagine most people are giving the -1s on the assumption that the guy does work for Evike, and is being underhanded, rather than for the content of his post per-se.

I'll reserve judgement until (if ever) it is revealed if he does work for Evike or not. ;)

marushin doesnt make the l96.  maruzen does.  and tanaka havnt been making it for years ;)

I can't believe I replicated that mistake in my post. In my defense, I was having a sneaky troll on the forums when I should have been hard at work, and my boss was angling toward my desk to invite me to one of his "pow-wows", so I got a little flustered.

And with regards to the obviously Evike-ish tone of the first post: it smacks of something smelly for them to claim a Chinese clone as their own in the first place, and then to promote it on forums disguised as a "man on the street" forum member.

When Gunner posts on a forum, he uses his trade name, not a pseudonym, and takes his knocks like a man - you could learn a thing or two from him.

Lots of people know the L96 bolt action rifle as the AWP from Counter-Strike. In the game, it was expensive, and if used correctly, really irritating for the other team as they got clipped down in groups of 3 and 4. Interestingly enough, that's true for its airsoft counter parts. A well placed airsoft sniper can easily pick off unsuspecting groups of skirmishers with this rifle from far away and really tick them off!

Tanaka and Marushin have been making this particular rifle now for a few years, and each one retails for over $400. It's hard to find in the US or UK, and you usually have to order from an overseas retailer somewhere in Hong Kong. But now, thanks to Matrix and Evike, there's a way more cost effective version of this this great rifle. It's a bit under $200 (USD), but fires at over 460FPS with a .20 gram BB. The build quality is great as the entire frame of the rifle is made from one thick piece of ABS plastic, and the bolt is made entirely out of metal. Just install a bipod and a scope on the integrated rail, and you're in business!

That was on ASR from the same guy. NEG REP AWAY GENTS! HE WORKS FOR EVIKE!

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index....new#quickreply

dont neg rep, thats not the point of the system... im sick of this abuse... its meant for tradeing reputation

No, it's not.

The Rep system allows people to give others feedback on their posting habits once they reach the required 50 posts.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...?showtopic=9938

This is a perfect example of an underhand and devious posting habit for which a neg rep would be justified.

<snip>

Tanaka and Maruzen have been making this particular rifle now for a few years, and each one retails for over $400. It's hard to find in the US or UK,

<snip>

The maruzen version isn't that hard to find in the UK. The last skirmish I went to the other month there was 4 of these beauties there!

dont neg rep, thats not the point of the system... im sick of this abuse... its meant for tradeing reputation

I would have thought this is EXACTLY the sort of thing the reputation bar is for.

Let's imagine some newb asks about where to buy a new gun.

He gets a bunch of suggestions from various people offering advice about where to buy.

He then gets a reply from Osovega telling him to buy from Evike cos they are really nice guys and are always happy to offer advice and they always swap or refund items under warranty and they will give away upgrades for free if you ask nicely.

I think a newb will be more likely to question the advice of somebody who he can see has a low or negative rep.

It's there to highlight each users level of trustworthyness. I think it applies perfectly to this sort of thing.

Archived