Matrix L96 Rifle (The AWP!)

osovega

In all fairness, I was sent (as I'm sure others of you were) a polite PM where osovega informed me that he'd talked with Arnie, and that he'd simply forgotten to mention he works with evike. As long as you post that somewhere in your profile, I'm happy. For now, enjoy a +1 counter rep for your apology.

EDIT: Says I can't for another day...but I will.

Same here.

I suggested the simplest thing to do (which'd also get him a bit of free advertising) would be to make himself a little "Evike" banner and have it as a sig.

So long as he is honest about his links with Evike I don't have a problem.

What I wouldn't like to see is him diving into topics where people are asking for advice and constantly suggesting those people buy an item from Evike unless it's PERFECTLY clear that he has an interest in Evike.

*EDIT*

Just nosing through Osovegas rep....

For starters I think Osovega could ask a mod to have tgrillos retarded "lol 460fps" -1 removed. The gun definately DOES shoot at least 460fps out of the box. With the application of a bit of decent grease that romps up past 500fps.

Lol tgrillo. :rolleyes:

Okay, okay, okay! Enough already! I messed up! I'm allowed to put up ads like this because I talked to Arnie personally. HOWEVER, I messed up because I didn't put up my disclaimer saying so, and I also think I put it up in the wrong section. I'm not trying to impersonate anyone, or do anything shady. I just made a mistake. If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. I just did something I'm allowed to do in the wrong way and the wrong place.

*EDIT*

Just nosing through Osovegas rep....

For starters I think Osovega could ask a mod to have tgrillos retarded "lol 460fps" -1 removed. The gun definately DOES shoot at least 460fps out of the box. With the application of a bit of decent grease that romps up past 500fps.

Lol tgrillo.  :rolleyes:

Rep deleted, along with a couple of others that weren't entirely kosher.

Don't mean to upset anybody or prove anybody wrong. Just read the above posts and thought it might make an interesting little test.

First, some theory...

500fps @ 0.2g = 2.32J

Transposing this gives the following results:-

0.20g = 500fps

0.25g = 447fps

0.30g = 408fps

So, those are the results we should get using those weights of BB.

Now for the practical (fun) part:-

Jeepers! Look what I happened to find lying around:-

DSC_0932.jpg

That's a bottle of Blaster 0.2g BBs, a bottle of Blaster 0.25g BBs and a (bloody expensive) bag of digicon straight 0.3g BBs.

I fired 5 of each and averaged the results. The pic I posted is the one nearest the average.

First the 0.2s:-

DSC_0933.jpg

Then the 0.25s:-

DSC_0935.jpg

Lastly the 0.3s:-

DSC_0938.jpg

The actual (averaged) results were as follows:-

0.20g = 497fps = 2.29J

0.25g = 460fps = 2.46J

0.30g = 421fps = 2.47J

:unsure:

Tell you what, looking at those results I wonder if it's wise to use 0.2s as the standard weight to chrono a gun with. They seem to be losing power somewhere.

Anyway, there it is. Just thought I'd share that.

0.20g = 497fps = 2.29J

0.25g = 460fps = 2.46J

0.30g = 421fps = 2.47J

This is very interesting ... I'll bet that if you go even heavier that the calculated energy stays pretty much linear.

So what happens with a 0.12g pellet? It kinda makes sense to do this test too with the same rifle.

If this is energy loss down the barrel (what else can it be?) then it affects range and accuracy and is very useful info.

What causes the loss/where does the energy go? This is basic physics ... energy has to go somewhere.

Is there a 'hop up' unit involved here and how does accuracy/hop-setting change with mass of BB?

Not particularly directed at anyone but there is one guy with the gun and the gear :-) Sorry Stealth :-)

I'd also be prepared to bet that the energy profile for such 'lost energy vs mass' behaviour depends on the impulse energy range of the gun. The lower it is the flatter the energy transfer profile is for changed pellet mass.

In other words low mass pellets work better with low power guns.

If the above is right then there's a corollary ... with any airsoft weapon you should use the heaviest BB you can afford/get away with.

D

Archived