King Arms fN FAL

Shark413

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got Fal today posted monday 14:27 arrived at may door, Sweden wensday 09:45!!

The only way to get it to you any faster is to duck tape it to a intercontinental ballistic missile. ;)

GnG are fab!.

Takeing her out to play sunday, will be up against a lot of M14's.

Let you know how she fairs sunday evening

Just got to handle one @ AEX yesterday. Feels very nice and solid, as many owners have stated. It feels so badass when you are holding it... as if it gives you magical powers and makes you feel like you can pick off enemies from 300+ yards away, and then you realize that it shoots a 6mm bb... I made a comment that it'd be awesome if it was in 8mm, then it'd be more fitting for a rifle of that length. The weight issue will most likely only bother collectors and the most mil-sim of airsoft players, IMHO the KA FAL struck a wonderful balance between realism and practical gaming needs, if this looong rifle also weighed as much as the real thing, it'd be a PITA to wield effiectively in a skirmish. True to the real rifle this replica also has a pretty long LOP so if you have short arms you won't like shouldering this weapon. All in all, a very nice and innovative product, now if only they can lower a price a tad into my range!

I took a good look at it last sunday, what a good rifle;) long and sleak. and it match up to the m14 easy. i think its more balaced than the m14.

Ā 

and as i have sayed before, its a sigg550 under the shell and that a very good and long shooting gun.

Ā 

I will get one anyway;)

Played the game this Sunday & my brother put the Fal though its paces.(its his gun)

He had a BB shortage so used what he had (a real mix of every make of BBs).

The Fal fed flaulesly all day, not a stoppage or misfeed!, shot strait as an arrow but did start to sped after about 35 m - 40 m, in moderate winds.

She out shot alot of the competition includeing some hot guns ( by UK standards 360+ fps ). I cronoed the Fal at 340fps out of the box with zero hop, 0.20 BBs with a Guarder crono.

This is one loooong gun & my brother normaly plays with compact weapons ( ZM, M4, MP5 etc ) but came home with a BIG smile on his face, he loves the Fal.

Now I have to live on maccaroni & chetchup for a cupple of months so I can buy one myself as my STAR SA80 is giving me a dubble hernia :P

Ā 

ps Appslapp thanks for a great game & say hi to the rest of DrƤpers from me.

Any of you experience the FAL shooting consistently off to the left?Ā  The one I am testing is, and even with windage adjusted far left I cannot get it to shoot where I point it to.

Ā 

However it is shooting BBs out straight and consistently.

Ā 

Hmm, that's interesting. Since the shots are consistent, it doesn't sound like a barrel defect, maybe there's just not enough adjustment to the sights. The barrel & receiver are still straight (not bent) relative to each other, right?

Hello softies and FN FAL friends. Alex here on my brothers nick.

So here is my story on the FN FAL, so as said before I am acustom to the prime ZM LR 300 a short gun when compared to the FAL so I was a bit worried as I run and move a lot when in game and like to flank as my nick is Flankmaster.

So when i got out sunday 10/12 it was going to be interesting and it was.

Ā 

Verdict: FN FAL is a very very very good gun and takes out the compitition at long ranges in standard out of box state (stable between 337-340 FPS ). I had hits at ranges up to 50 meters and they were not just lucky shoots as I could repeat these time after time to the dissapontment of the opposing team HIHI. This was in singel fire and I needed 2-4 singel shoots to take them out at these ranges.

Ā 

So on full auto she also works like a dream high ROF with a 8,4v 2400 mah and tight groupings up to 40 meters meaning dinner plate size. As said before I had all types of BB First target, excell, ICS, CYBER GUN and traser BCB plus god knows what ells (all 0.2g) as i was so eager to get out there and test this baby I could'nt care less what came out of the barrel. Still she feeds like a dream.

Ā 

Running around with this long thing was a bit different to what I am use to but wones I got a hang of her we were a well working pare and I could start to flank my opponents and run arround as usual with no problems. Love is in the air and this is going to be a killer relationship. :) The mags fit very nice both in the gun and my WEBTEX DPM vest and stay there in both. The only complaint from me on this gun is the front grip is butt ugly and feels butt ugly and toyish (tech term). Well worth the money.

Ā 

Hope this gives you some help with your questions on this gun.

Here is a film from the game last sunday with a few shoots of me and my girl. http://www.drapers.be/bergsjon061210.wmv Will give you more after next sundays game (17/12) trust i promise you.

Ā 

Flankmaster Over and out

Have just started reading up on this and it looks like a killer gun. I still haven't got my first AEG yet, I'm getting a Marui AK for Christmas, but after I get some experience with that I am gonna look into picking one of these up. How is the durability of the FAL? I don't know anything of internals with aeg's so I would hope I wouldn't have to take it apart for a while.

This gun is stronger then many of the guns I have used. I have been playing the game for about seven years now so I have tryied a lot off different guns.

Last time I was out I dropped it fell with it several times and before I got the hang of such a long gun I even banged it into some trees so i wouldn't worry to much. But these thing are still just expensive toys so any thing can happen be prepared.

Hope this helps

The sight rail and RAS are all already available for the King Arms FAL (RAS available for both short and long versions). The instant the folding stock version is available, that's when I'll be buying mine. I have a feeling it may be a long wait though. I emailed King Arms months ago, and they said the skeleton stock wouldn't be out for a long while. :(

I was comparing the picture of this airsoft FAL to my real DSA Arms FAL and I noticed that rear sight is mounted backwards on this airsoft gun!Ā 

Ā 

You just have to unscrew the base mounting screws and drift the sight base off and remount it.Ā  Hope that helps.

Sorry, I've got to disagree with you on this. Yes the sight is messed up, however remounting it will not solve (completely) that problem.

Ā 

I've made this handy little image to show how the original sight is, how it would look if mounted backwards and how it should actually be manufactured. The problem with the sight is that there is no elevation adjustment with it. As the sight aperture slides back and forth on the sight, it should be moving up and down. With the Kingarms original sight, it slides perfectly parallel to the barrel, completely eliminating any elevation adjustment. If you mount it backwards, that's not really proper either. The sight will protrude above the receiver cover. Although it will have elevation adjustment now, it will always be a good deal higher than it ought to be. My final image shows the original sight with the small triangle of metal removed which will make it identical to a real FAL rear sight. It has elevation adjustment in the proper range and does not interfere with removing the receiver cover.

post-8512-1166993098_thumb.jpg

Do you think a real FALĀ  sight would fit?

I have no idea. It may, however maybe someone who owns this and a real one could tell us for sure. DerMann, if you could pop the sight of your airsoft gun and see how it fits on your friend's FAL, it would be really helpful for everyone. :)

Archived