King Arms fN FAL

Shark413

Just got my FAL PARA. Share some info regarding battery.

FAL PARA uses AK type stick battery due to the long enough handguards(gas tube were cancelled) , unlike tactical carbine folding stock version that has to use a customized v-shape battery.

I have tried installing my stick type Li battery into it without problem, but better upgrading the box for endurence. Will use 8.4v 600mah Ni-Cd for now.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got my FAL PARA. Share some info regarding battery.

FAL PARA uses AK type stick battery due to the long enough handguards(gas tube were cancelled) , unlike tactical carbine folding stock version that has to use a customized v-shape battery.

P1080557.jpg

P1080562.jpg

P1080548.jpg

P1080553.jpg

P1080555.jpg

P1080556.jpg

Just wanted to add this tidbit to the body of knowledge on the KA FAL:

If you lose your cocking handle knob like I did, you can purchase a cocking handle assembly for a real FAL and it's a drop-in replacement. Fits perfectly. On the other hand, the rear sight cannot be replaced with one from a real FAL. When a real sight is put into place, it is very loose and can just fall out.

• 3 weeks later...

So okay whatever mild necro but i need to know.

Para type owners do you feel that the gun is less sturdy due to the lack of the gas tube

Also how are they holding up internally, externally for those using them regularly and not safe queening them.

• 4 weeks later...
So okay whatever mild necro but i need to know.

Para type owners do you feel that the gun is less sturdy due to the lack of the gas tube

Also how are they holding up internally, externally for those using them regularly and not safe queening them.

my selector unit broke after about 5 min. of firing. I got it fixed but it isnt like new. It is only shooting 270fps stock. Yup, externally though it is very nice and I think once I fix out the kinks and upgrade it, it will be very fun and reliable. Perfect size too!

My dad got one last year. The original -large- version that is!

I've used it a few times, it is a great piece of kit. It is a nice weight, great range and decent accuracy. Only complaint is that the rubber butt-plate fell off and a replacement cost about £15!

Only mod we've done is put on the RIS upper-receiver from KA in order to mount a scope - as tracking down a R/S SUIT sight just wasn't happening and those we found cost north of £200!!!

Define Selector unit?

I got the gun, stuck a 8.4v stick in it, dry shot ONCE to check if it was working, threw in some bb's; Single, check; Safety, check; Full auto, check. Let me shoot it outside- bam, bam, bam (single), switch to full auto BUT I cant move the selector switch. Try, try, try, wont budge at all past semi. Had to open it up and I played with the selector gears and works now but not as good. Will need to spend a lot of time to get it back to normal

Sorry about the engrish, was typing as I was reliving it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought a couple of them (the hicaps) , I'm not impressed by them,

in mine experience :

-a full wind up just isn't enough for half of its content.

-While winding at one point it loose all the compression in the spring and you have to wind up again.

-It happens that the small tab that keep the bb inside tha mag can't hold them anymore and you get a nice bb shower..

I managed to solve the tab problem adding a spacer behind its spring so it pushes hard enough.

I've opened it and tightened the washer that keep the main spring hard pressed against the mag floor to see if it can help with the little "anti reversal pin" skipping to solve the unloading problem,

I've still to test them in the field after those little mods,

I let you know if those fixes worked for me,

I would ask if someone managed to shorten the folding stock lenght a bit since I found it a little odd to sight in correctly with an average optic top mounted..

I removed the 2 pin holding the stock tubes and I can't see any diffculty in cutting a couple of centimeters, only gripe I see is the stock tubes are somewhat conical , but I dont' see the same conicity inside the attachment .isn't it?

I got the gun, stuck a 8.4v stick in it, dry shot ONCE to check if it was working, threw in some bb's; Single, check; Safety, check; Full auto, check. Let me shoot it outside- bam, bam, bam (single), switch to full auto BUT I cant move the selector switch. Try, try, try, wont budge at all past semi. Had to open it up and I played with the selector gears and works now but not as good. Will need to spend a lot of time to get it back to normal

Sorry about the engrish, was typing as I was reliving it.

Mine now seems to have this problem too. I can't move the selector into semi. Goes off of safe about 2mm, then no further.

Mine now seems to have this problem too. I can't move the selector into semi. Goes off of safe about 2mm, then no further.

King arms :angry:

Anyways, take out the gearbox if you can and make sure the lines on the outside gears are lined up. Guess what? my wiring has broken off my gearbox now...

Let me know if you need any help

Hmm thats a shame, still doesnt seem like its a problem alot of people are replicating.

How are the hicaps working out on these

I had my star slr fitted with a new, usable 350 fps (it was 450!) spring and i'm giving it a spin at a woodland skirmish on sunday. ill post how i get on with it.

I've bought a couple of them (the hicaps) , I'm not impressed by them,

in mine experience :

-a full wind up just isn't enough for half of its content.

-While winding at one point it loose all the compression in the spring and you have to wind up again.

-It happens that the small tab that keep the bb inside tha mag can't hold them anymore and you get a nice bb shower..

I managed to solve the tab problem adding a spacer behind its spring so it pushes hard enough.

I've opened it and tightened the washer that keep the main spring hard pressed against the mag floor to see if it can help with the little "anti reversal pin" skipping to solve the unloading problem,

I've still to test them in the field after those little mods,

I let you know if those fixes worked for me,

if anyone is interested those fixes worked for me.. ;)

Where do you put the battery? I´m very interested in this version, but I don´t know if you can put the batery inside the RIS handguard, or you must use an external housing for it.

Thanks a lot!

PD: sorry about my english

Hi killo,

the battery as to be placed in a velcro pouch attached to the stock , there is no place left inside the RIS handguard.

as you can see i rerouted the wires to the back and I've made a little hole in the upper part of the grip to get them out.

I'll show you later with a couple detailed pics if you interested.

cy.

Archived