King Arms fN FAL

Shark413

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It weights about 7.2 lbs and can fit a large battery pack. The barrel to Receiver fit is very solid and all metal. The upper gas tube is all metal as well. I also have an JAC FAL which is mostly plastic and there is no comparison. The Plastic stock where it mates to the receiver seems a little weak, could be a problem. It's the fault of the stock, the receiver is solid.The folding metal stock mated to the metal receiver should be very solid. It is a long rifle but very balanced and slim. The rear sight is removable, so hopefully someone will come out with a replacement with a working elevation function. I just got a REVO (nitro power rc car) which has been taking up all my spare time, so I have not had time to chrony the FAL.

It weights about 7.2 lbs and can fit a large battery pack. The barrel to Receiver fit is very solid and all metal. The upper gas tube is all metal as well. I also have an JAC FAL which is mostly plastic and there is no comparison. The Plastic stock where it mates to the receiver seems a little weak, could be a problem. It's the fault of the stock, the receiver is solid.The folding metal stock mated to the metal receiver should be very solid. It is a long rifle but very balanced and slim. The rear sight is removable, so hopefully someone will come out with a replacement with a working elevation function. I just got a REVO (nitro power rc car) which has been taking up all my spare time, so I have not had time to chrony the FAL.

Thanks, that clears up some questions.

The stock issue worries me slightly, but either way I'd much rather have a large stock for a massive battery, even if the stock is unsturdy. I can't stand mini batteries.

The stock issue worries me slightly, but either way I'd much rather have a large stock for a massive battery, even if the stock is unsturdy. I can't stand mini batteries.

Or you can use a full size battery with a battery pouch strapped to the folding stock (when it comes out). That's certainly the route I'm going to take.

Picked mine up from AA yesterday.

GORGEOUS! :D

To top it all off the Real Steel SLR/L1A1 foregrip fits on with only minor modifications

B)

I had to enlarge the hole for the foregrip screw a bit and file off a tiny bit of the inserts on the RS grip otherwise there is an unsightly gap along the top of the foregrip halves.

Picked mine up from AA yesterday.

GORGEOUS!  :D

To top it all off the Real Steel SLR/L1A1 foregrip fits on with only minor modifications

B)

I had to enlarge the hole for the foregrip screw a bit and file off a tiny bit of the inserts on the RS grip otherwise there is an unsightly gap along the top of the foregrip halves.

Sweet, have you had the chance to shoot or chrono it yet? Basically, this gun will replace my M14, which means it either has to already have superb performance, or the ability to easily (cheaply) be upgraded to superb performance. And hows it sound when it shoots?

Sweet, have you had the chance to  shoot or chrono it yet? Basically, this gun will replace my M14, which means it either has to already have superb performance, or the ability to easily (cheaply) be upgraded to superb performance. And hows it sound when it shoots?

No I haven't fired a single BB through it yet. Got home pulled it apart and started to fit the RS foregrip.

I've been busy this weekend hollowing out a RS butt stock to attempt fitting that as well but that is going to be a major undertaking, unlike the foregrip. It will also need a custom battery pack or a mini pack to fit the RS stock.

The pistol grip is a no go as well, the RS one is, like many others, too thin to fit the motor in. The trigger guard is horrendously small on the KA version, going to have trouble getting a gloved finger in there easily, and it fit's differently to the RS one so no chance of replacing it with that.

The overall fit and finish on the gun is very good, probably in line with if not better than my CA AEG's. No squeaks or rattles.

The cocking lever is very stiff and does not always return the ejection port cover back to it's resting place if you return the cocking lever by hand but I expect this will loosten up with use.

Sights are good to use if you like old school peephole sights, worryingly it has no elevation adjustment at the rear sight as the sight is fitted flat and not at an angle as on the RS, however it may be possible to fit a RS sight and solve this issue. The foresight is adjustable for height and KA have even inculded a little alluminium adjustment key for this purpose.

So far very happy with my new toy, been practising my NI pose in the mirror :D

I only have one crummy picture on my phone at the moment and I have not had much joy in attaching image files on arnies for some reason, I will give it a shot and try to get some beauty pictures taken tonight on a slightly better camera.

post-12545-1164014206_thumb.jpg

Got mine today and have fitted a real-steel foregrip to it. Not exactly the L1A1 handguard - but a custom "smooth" version. I think someone else mentioned that this takes a slight modfication, and it does - but nothing that a craft-knife and a needle-file can't fix.

Overall dead impressed. I was halfway through converting a G3 into an L1A1 when this rifle was announced, so I have a real-steel dust-cover, carry handle and handguard to shove on it. All of the parts will fit with no problems.

One thing though - and don't let this put you off in any way, mine was delivered in a shipment containing two - one for me, one for my mate - and they were both damaged. There was no sign of damage to the other box, no sign of damage to the innner boxes. We've written to the supplier and so now we get to find out what King Arms' Customer Service is like. Both guns are still fully useable and neither of us are that fussed providing we get a good replacement parts serice. To me, it looks like thay've taken a hell of a tonking at some point. I'll let you chaps know how we get on with the reply.

Here are some pictures of the damage. Like I say, I'm not at all fussed about it, but I likely will be if I don't get the response I expect from our supplier. I'm interested to know if anyone else has had any damage on theirs?

fal1.jpg

fal2.jpg

If there are too big, I'll resize them.

My thoughts:

Internally-

It could do with some grease on the gears, but aside from that, its like opening up a swiss clock! Everything is precise, the finishing of the parts are so good I could eat off it.

I would have to say that it was enjoyable to see the v3 mechbox being opened. Airseal in the cylinder is good, gears look ok. Motor looks good. Stock spring is similar to a 1J spring or close to.

Firing it sounds a little crunchy, not screechy or scratchy. Its most likely from the lack of grease in the gears. Fires smoothly. I didn't get to check the accuracy but will do so soon.

Externally -

Its rock solid, but lite, which was a bit disappointing. But the quality of the parts make up for some of it. It didn't feel like the CA M15s where you can feel that the rifle lacks precision, no, the KA FAL IS precision. No wobbles or rattles It was all good.

Stock plastic was quite solid, the foregrip is also solid though because its so narrow it feels disproportionate, but those grips are nice, much more than the M4 grips.

It has a replica gas bolt that pops out when one tries to take it apart. It sadly doesn't field strip. The barrel and its mounting is similar to an AR, with a screw type ring that holds the barrel in place.

Overall, if it was closer to the real weight came with field stripping it would have been the top notch replica for the year.

Got mine today and have fitted a real-steel foregrip to it. Not exactly the L1A1 handguard - but a custom "smooth" version. I think someone else mentioned that this takes a slight modfication, and it does - but nothing that a craft-knife and a needle-file can't fix.

Overall dead impressed. I was halfway through converting a G3 into an L1A1 when this rifle was announced, so I have a real-steel dust-cover, carry handle and handguard to shove on it. All of the parts will fit with no problems.

One thing though - and don't let this put you off in any way, mine was delivered in a shipment containing two - one for me, one for my mate - and they were both damaged. There was no sign of damage to the other box, no sign of damage to the innner boxes. We've written to the supplier and so now we get to find out what King Arms' Customer Service is like. Both guns are still fully useable and neither of us are that fussed providing we get a good replacement parts serice. To me, it looks like thay've taken a hell of a tonking at some point. I'll let you chaps know how we get on with the reply.

Here are some pictures of the damage. Like I say, I'm not at all fussed about it, but I likely will be if I don't get the response I expect from our supplier. I'm interested to know if anyone else has had any damage on theirs?

http://www.actofwar.co.uk/fal/fal1.jpg

http://www.actofwar.co.uk/fal/fal2.jpg

If there are too big, I'll resize them.

it looks like your stock is cracked matey. you ought to have it replaced.

King Arms FN FAL - bought from Guys and Guns; Hong Kong for approx £250 including shipping which took 4 working days!!!!!!!! Serial no. 00427

Well, GnG have done it again, this sailed through customs *evil laugh* and into my dad's grateful arms. And all I can say is "wow."

It is a light gun, lighter than my AUG I would say, but that is no bad thing considering it is a big, long piece of metal. It comes with a 90rd magazine and a speedloader. It takes a large battery.

Firing. I got in late, had it thrust into my arms and ordered to fire it. In the garden, in the dark, with a bloody strong wind against me. And it hit a head sized hanging ball (don't ask), from 40ft. 99% of the time, on both semi/full automatic. Powerfully. I stood, jaw dropped, having never been more impressed with a gun's performance in my life. And I own an Ai 10/10 rated CA AUG and I am a regular user of my dad's CA249 MKII. I am blown away by it. Truely awesome. And an absolute bargain.

It may not change the face of woodland airsofting, as we are chartering unknown territory with King Arms, but I would say this gun is more accurate than most dedicated sniper rifles out there and has the full auto if needed. Make of that what you will. Accuracy is unbelievable!!!

Materials - 8/10

'Feel' (ergonomics/weight) - 8/10

Upgradability (RAS available!) - 7/10

Performance - 10/10

Guys N Guns - 10/10

Archived