Marui P90 RD review. (new version)

That's pretty accurate actually I got a few of them targets when I got my M3 Super 90 and that couldn't put every bb into the target from about 15 metres. Damn I don't know what to get:

P90 RD, Fast charger, 2x Hi-caps, BBs, Silicone spray, Mag pouch, 2x 1400 mah mini batteries- £291.17

OR

AK47 Spetsnaz, Fast charger, 2x Hi-caps, BBs, Silicone spray, 1 large 3700 mah battery- £293.43

Both is not an option as I'm only 14 and you're probably all going to say the P90 because you all love it. It's worth a try though.

My local site does both CQB and outdoor games so I want a gun which is suited to both.

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the P90 RD, a few mags, silencer and metal flash hider is my next purchase. i was always a fan of the P90. im have some plans for it...THANKS MATT

Yeah I was actually leaning towards the P90 anyway (I wonder what my mates are gonna say though I've changed my mind at least 10 times about what I want!)

Yeah I was actually leaning towards the P90 anyway (I wonder what my mates are gonna say though I've changed my mind at least 10 times about what I want!)

I ALWAYS DO THAT! haha its so weird. like i change my mind like 20 times haha.

Edited by 0nslaught
P90 RD, Fast charger, 2x Hi-caps, BBs, Silicone spray, Mag pouch, 2x 1400 mah mini batteries- £291.17

OR

AK47 Spetsnaz, Fast charger, 2x Hi-caps, BBs, Silicone spray, 1 large 3700 mah battery- £293.43

Both is not an option as I'm only 14 and you're probably all going to say the P90 because you all love it. It's worth a try though.

My local site does both CQB and outdoor games so I want a gun which is suited to both.

Thanks

lol I know what you mean about changing your mind all the time, it's the curse of an airsofter. Personally I do love my P90, but the first gun I owned was a spetz, and for a first gun it is more than able to hold it's own. It's solid, with alot of metal in it, and is a very respectable match for most other things you'll encounter. Plus the mags are alot easier to carry :P

If you go for the P90, you'll never look back lol, and just as a hint, the best way I've found to carry mags is the Viper Modular System.

So....I havn't helped at all there have i?? lol

Here's a question - I used to have a version 1 P90 (RD), I'm now seriously considering another, but... how easy is it to get hold of those 5-bar side ris mini rails? I'd like to put another rail on the left side of the P90!

Unless you want to drill a hole in the "P90" trademark, you can't put another rail on. But that is your choice.

BTW: If anyone has the BHI Omega Vest #1, I have found a way to effectively carry P90 magazines. (I will post pics ASAP) What you do is take our little friend velcro, (I used velcro to put some more length on the lips of my STAR magazines to make them feed correctly) take 2 strips of the double sided kind, (the kind with the 'hard' velcro on one side, and the 'soft' on the other) place them side by side on the bottom part of the universal magazine pouches, and then take a piece of sticky velcro (hard sided), put on the magazine strap where it meets the upper utility pouch, and last put a opposite (soft sided) piece ON the utility pouch. I know this might and will be VERY confusing, but I'll post pics this afternoon. :)

Your right, that is very very confusing Matt, BUT sounds like a good idea.

If you cant get hold of proper P90 mag pouches, that sounds like the next best thing

Yeah, sorry. I'll get some really good pics after lunch. (dad owns the camera, gone right now...)

Did you look in the fake ammo box yet? Thats where they put a bag of free marui BBs but thats also where eHobby hid my black metal flash hider. Click on the P90 link in my sig to see pics of the P90 with the metal flash hider. Ive ordered two P90's from eHobby in the past year (TR and RD) and they've always included the black metal flash hider.

Did you look in the fake ammo box yet? Thats where they put a bag of free marui BBs but thats also where eHobby hid my black metal flash hider. Click on the P90 link in my sig to see pics of the P90 with the metal flash hider. Ive ordered two P90's from eHobby in the past year (TR and RD) and they've always included the black metal flash hider.

:( Nope, none in mine...

Edited by 101matt1

GUIDE TO CARRYING P90 MAGAZINES!

If anyone has the BHI Omega Vest #1, or any vest that has the universal mag pouches with the small utility pouches above them, I have found a way to effectively carry P90 magazines.

What you do is take our little friend velcro, (I used velcro to put some more length on the lips of my STAR magazines to make them feed correctly) take 2 strips of the double sided kind, (the kind with the 'hard' velcro on one side, and the 'soft' on the other) place them side by side on the bottom part of the universal magazine pouches, and then take a piece of sticky velcro (hard sided), put on the magazine strap where it meets the upper utility pouch, and last put a opposite (soft sided) piece ON the utility pouch.

Here are some pics.

DSC01498.jpg

I used blue and gray sided just for the pics. Buy velcro in whatever color you need.

DSC01499.jpg

There they are side by side. Just put them on there with about 1"-3" on the bottom part. Cut the length to 6 1/2".

DSC01500.jpg

Now mine already had the velcro there for the 'SWAT' patches, but just line the strap of the magazine pouch up with the utility pouch (basically pull the strap on the mag pouch all the way up, and see where to put the velcro accordingly) and put a piece of sticky velcro on the utility pouch.

DSC01501.jpg

Now put another piece of sticky velcro on the magazine strap to match with the velcro on the utility pouch.

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01503.jpg

Now all you have to do is match the velcro on the back of the magazine strap with that on the utility pouch. Now from the point of where the velcro is stuck between the back of the strap and the utility pouch, at THAT point, bend the strap down over the mag, keeping the velcro that is on the back of the mag strap/utility pouch matched. If anyone can word this better, be my guest. This is the best I could do...

EDIT: The reason you put velcro on the utility pouch and the back of the magazine strap is because if you dont, the magazine will not have support and will flop around foward and backwards, side to side.

Edited by 101matt1

Only thing I'd have to say about the mag conversion is that it must be horrendously uncomfortable to bend over or lay down. Now, if you play CQB, you can pretty much stay standing the whol time due to walls being a pretty standard height. But, being a woodlander, I spend a lot of time on the ground, either in the crouching or prone positions. I don't want a lot of bulky stuff on my stomach. However, like I said, this may work just fine if you play CQB :)

Only thing I'd have to say about the mag conversion is that it must be horrendously uncomfortable to bend over or lay down.  Now, if you play CQB, you can pretty much stay standing the whol time due to walls being a pretty standard height.  But, being a woodlander, I spend a lot of time on the ground, either in the crouching or prone positions.  I don't want a lot of bulky stuff on my stomach.  However, like I said, this may work just fine if you play CQB :)

Yes, but I found croutching to be quite fine, as the mags just sort of 'flow' with your body movements. But yes, prone is kinda uncomfortable...

I still have yet to skirmish it, and try the mag pouches in game. I will give a full 'Battle Report' with magazine pouch review when I do. :)

My RD came the other day, pics are up in the pic thread. On the note of carrying mags, I found the easiest way was to use the Viper modular System with their P90 mag pouches..

Yeah, of course if you can afford to buy the pouches built for the mags, do. I just didn't want to have to go MOLLE just yet. ;)

Updated guide to carrying P90 magazines!!!

Ok, so I tried a little simulated combat with that set up. It didn't work too well. Everything was fine, other than the fact that the magazines kept sliding out the side. So, my dad and I sat down and thought about it, and came up with the following (you can use the same strips of velcro from the other guide!):

DSC01520-1.jpg

^Here you can see the basic idea. All you do, is take one of the 2 strips of velcro, wrap it around the magazine and conect it caddy-cornered to itself, so that you have a bit of a 'tab' to pull on. Here are some more pictures for clarification:

DSC01522-1.jpg

DSC01523-1.jpg

DSC01526-1.jpg

DSC01528-1.jpg

DSC01531-1.jpg

DSC01532-1.jpg

DSC01533-1.jpg

As you can see, the velcro wrapped around the mag supports it, so it won't fall out in combat. If you are worried about the speed of reloading with the fact that now you must undo 2 straps, do not worry. It is very quick. I know how precious one second is when you have BB's going by your head at 300 feet per second. :)

You will need to leave the magazines in the pouches for a while to let the pouches 'mold' to this new form.

I hope this helps! If you need me to furthur explain, please, tell me! :)

EDIT: First image didn't work, I fixed it.

Edited by 101matt1