Marui P90 RD review. (new version)

After almost a year of being in the sport, I decided it was time to go high-end. I knew my 13th birthday would churn in a lot of money, and after looking at many guns, I decided on the Marui P90 RD (New version). After 5 day shipping from eHobbyAsia, it came. Before I start, I would like to notify you that I am using a Intellect 8.4v, 1400 MaH battery.

INITIAL LOOK!

DSC01441.jpg

Here is the outside of the box. Very nice cover art in my opinion.

DSC01444.jpg

This is the box opened.

DSC01447.jpg

And none other than the P90 RD itself. I like how they went from the gray of the TR to the Black of the RD. The magazines on it are about 11'' long. The initial cosmetics looks quite good, and FNH's design was well tought out. The gun is very sturdy, with no creaks whatsoever. The bullpup design makes it very versatile and quick to aim. Sadly, it did not come with the original flashider, but the orange one is not to bad.

DSC01451.jpg

Other side. Opposite of what I thought, it only has one rail on it.

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

Trademarks on the left side of the gun.

DSC01452.jpg

Trademarks on the right.

DSC01458.jpg

The red dot sight. I found it quite impressive and high quality. It has 2 adjustments, this is the brightest. The reddot is glass and very sturdy. It is very easy to aim with, and is very usable. People with full face mask might have trouble. The red dot uses 2 AAA batteries.

Dont post here yet! I still have more to come!

Edited by 101matt1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'POSE' SHOTS

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

(ejection port)

DSC01477.jpg

(gun upside down, RD selector)

I think this is my most beautiful gun. The curved design, in contrast to the square style design of many others, is nice. It comes in a cloth lined box, with an instruction manual, Marui line up, and other little pamplets.

Now still don't post, one post left!

And last but not least: PERFORMANCE!!!

I charged up my battery the first day I got it and only got to shoot it in the dark. But today when I got home, I shot roughly 700 rounds. The VERY first thing I noticed was the RoF. OMG. It is amazing. It is about 15 RPS for me! Truely amazing.

Accuracy. Just say that now I see why evilliboba made his into a DMR. :blink:

DSC01464-1.jpg

I wrote the stats on them. I find it amazing. These are only about 8in. tall, and 4 wide. The burst one looks a bit off, but it was quite a windy day, and I will do some more accurate test when it is less windy. Don't be fooled though, these are not going to be far off. At about 100 ft I am getting groupings of about 6in.-1ft. I was getting about 280 FPS with a poor man's crono.The Hi-cap magazines will fully unload on one wind. I got a scare when I went out to do the target test, I pulled the trigger and nothing happened. I was like 'OH SH*T!'. I opened the battery compartment, disconected the battery, reconected it, and it shot fine. I was sooo relieved.

I am highly enjoying this gun so far, and can't wait to skirmish it. It is perfect for my size.

Ok, I'm done! Please, tell me what you think! :)

Edited by 101matt1

whats the fps?

solid build? no creaks?

is the red dot easy to use?

is it comfy holding the p90?

is there any stress on your neck or head when ur aiming with the reddot?

ya i geuss thats what I want to know, but i geuss next time you could add a little more bits and bobs :)

and one more thing, how heavy is it?

Edited by 0nslaught

cool review mate, just a shame that because you are in the states you have to have the orange flash hider. if you are thinking of upgrading at any time i seriously suggest the metal reciever adds so much more weight and realism to the gun.

Dave

whats the fps?

solid build? no creaks?

is the red dot easy to use?

is it comfy holding the p90?

is there any stress on your neck or head when ur aiming with the reddot?

ya i geuss thats what I want to know, but i geuss next time you could add a little more bits and bobs :)

and one more thing, how heavy is it?

ADDED INTO OP.

Edited by 101matt1
nice, ty for that. im looking forward to purchasing one..

Thanks. I added a bit more. If YOU could please re-read the whole thing, it would be highly appritiated. (and tell me what you think...)

Note: streamlined it a bit more. ;)

Edited by 101matt1
I didn't come with the original hider? :unsure:  E-mail eHobby about that. If not get the Gemtech one. ;)

Ok, Ill do that.

Gawsh. Me wants a P90 now :wub:

I know how you feel. They are only 200+45 shipping from Ehobby...

TM P90RD....CA AUG A1.....TM P90RD......CA AUG A1......

Dammit give me both!

LOL. My next purchace will be a BE G36K MGB. But I'm gonna wait for a while, afraid my parents are going to explode. (Not to mention their credit cards...)

I'm half-way tempted to buy a P90 just to slake my lust for an F2000....

There are now real steel three-inch stock extenders out there for those of us who have long arms.

Yeah. I think you can do some kind of mod to make it a F2000 or FS2000.