Police confiscated my airsoft guns

Silent_Assassin

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dang. How far away is college?

edit: spelling

dude... he's in FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT, no more education for him.

and when did this happen? tonight? or a few nights ago?

have you spoken to your step dad/mum about this yet?

dude... he's in FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT, no more education for him.

and when did this happen? tonight? or a few nights ago?

have you spoken to your step dad/mum about this yet?

It happened tonight, I called the police at 8:10pm. I went to my mates house to cool off and when I got back (gone 12) everyone was in bed.

It is My place. As I said the tennent agrements in my name and I've been living at the house for 6 years an my step-dads been there for 2 years.

Who pays the mortgage?

If it IS your house then I'm baffled as to why you, as the owner, don't ask your step-father to leave. You're old enough to legally own the house. If it's yours, throw him out or, at least, set the rules for HIM.

If you own the house and all the guns are legally held airsoft guns then that puts a different light on things.

i think you should go talk to your dad once he sobers up. if not. talk to the person in charge of that place. (im not familiar with council house structure thingy system, no idea how they work, too many people involved)

just hope everything all works out for you

If it's your name on the lease then tell him to STFU or find somewhere else to live.

If, on the other hand, the only reason you can afford to live there is because of the disability benefits your stepfather gets then you'd better both learn to start living with each other.

If it's your name on the lease then tell him to STFU or find somewhere else to live.

If, on the other hand, the only reason you can afford to live there is because of the disability benefits your stepfather gets then you'd better both learn to start living with each other.

We've had fights in the past but this was a big one. He only reacted the way he did 'cause he was drunk. I'm tempted to move in with my dad which is perfect as my local games are 5 miles from his house. But if moveout then my family won't be able to afford the rent and they'll have to move to a smaller house.

So, you own the house, your stepfather lives there on your permission, and your he is bitching about your airsoft guns, got his a-hole friend to muscle it them out of your possession, then told the cops when they came to investigate a domestic abuse case that you had guns?

It sounds like you should kick your c**t of a stepfather out and hire a hitman to knock the ###### out of his musclebound friend. Well, maybe not go that far, but definitely kick your stepdad out. He should have no say in what you can do. You're old enough to own the house (so I assume you're above 18) and he isn't even your real father!!! Seriously, what right does HE have, of all people, to *badgeress* about your hobby? Kick his crippled *albatross* out.

Sorry to sound offensive, but people like him deserve everything they have coming to them.

Oh, yeah, make sure the cops do their job right.

:angry:

EDIT: Oh, a council house. No idea what that is, but if your father isn't a fiscal boon, then kick him out. No need to carry about a load.

well if he is being a ###### to you i honestly think being in a wheelchair makes it more of a ###### because he first off is in a wheelchair and drinking. eigther he was born or got in an accident and is permanantly like that or he has a broekn leg. im not so sure getting drunk with a broken leg is good. and here in america if your drunk and talking to the cops... well your screwed. get him into some type of home. atleast till he can get outa the chair( IF he can?)

well if he is being a ###### to you i honestly think being in a wheelchair makes it more of a ###### because he first off is in a wheelchair and drinking. eigther he was born or got in an accident and is permanantly like that or he has a broekn leg. im not so sure getting drunk with a broken leg is good. and here in america if your drunk and talking to the cops... well your screwed. get him into some type of home. atleast till he can get outa the chair( IF he can?)

He has MS so hes pretty much screwed.

We've had fights in the past but this was a big one. He only reacted the way he did 'cause he was drunk. I'm tempted to move in with my dad which is perfect as my local games are 5 miles from his house. But if moveout then my family won't be able to afford the rent and they'll  have to move to a smaller house.

sounds like a plan. just do that dude. but what about your sis?

i mean it's not fair to drop you in the *beep* just like that... but if he's not prepared to live with you without getting violent etc then hell... do what's best for you

edit: he's got MS? what's that?

Well, I'm not at all familiar with British Police (I'm very familiar with American Police, being an Explorer and all, but that doesn't help here), so I won't go into that.

However, if it hasn't been suggested already, lets assume you get your airsoft stuff back. Find a good friend you trust and give the guns to him, if he doesn't mind, so he can keep them at his house. Maybe this will appease your step-dad's seemingly psycotic view of the guns (when he brings in a bouncer to rough-up his own son *by law you ARE his son, so all the responsibilities there-of fall on him*, he needs some major mind help. I'm sorry if you take offense at this, but this is just how I feel about it.).

Is your actual mom still around? (there are a lot of situations where she *or the dad, whichever the case may be* is gone as well, whether by death or other reasons, so this is why I ask. Again, I deeply apologize is this offends you in any way.) Maybe you can talk to her about what happened. Now, I don't know the whole situation, so this may or may not be the best idea. However, it's worth thinking about.

I'm really sorry for the trouble you are having. Hopefully they will get a GOOD gun expert (unlike the one who was mentioned on this forum awhile ago...) to look at them. He should be able to tell right off.

But, I'm more sorry that you have those issues with your step-dad. No one should have to deal with that crud. My dad may not be active in my life at all, but atleast he's here, and things like this remind me that I should be thankful for that.

For the record, MS is a condition that more or less paralyzes you slowley. My aunt has it, she used to be fine, could walk normally and all, but now she is wheelchair bound and can barley move her arms...

It's not a pretty situation, and there is no chance of him getting out of that chair anytime soon...

Silent Assassin, I'm sorry about this situation. It sounds your step-father can be a real ###### (at least drunk), I hope you get all your things back.

I would recomend moving in with your father, but I realize that would bring hardship to the rest of your family.

Perhaps threaten to move in with your dad or something, but you really have to find a way to get along with your stepdad.

Best of luck!

EDIT::

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...huge error on my part. gone now, look at the post a few down.

Endospore did a brilliant write that I fully suggest. Heed his words. In fact I like his advise so much I think I might just do my first +1. Brilliant write Endospore! And stealthbomber... Jerry Springer? I think a local approach would be much better at first. But best regards Silent_Assasin, hope there won't be much more of this ______.

Right then... seeing as not many people have actually contributed anything overly tangible to this thread.

Police called to a domestic incident (most calls normally are).

You say its your house, and that you called the police because of an assault (no matter how minor, all crimes must be investigated). Your Step-Father (who has MS and is in a wheelchair - has some bearing but not much) has become uppity about your kit and told this to the police.

You were bundled into the Riot van and your premises searched, yet you were not arrested.

I have got this correct so far?

Right, I give this advice based on my experience, and it may be slightly out of date because I left the police service some 2 years ago.

Firstly, have you been contacted about your initial complaint of assault? If not, you have grounds for a complaint against the police because they have not investigated your criminal complaint. Full stop.

They bundled you into the van without arresting you? I like this one. Denial of your Liberty. Without one of them physically 'arresting you' (just a quick sentence to cover their backs, they can always de-arrest you later on) they have POTENTIALLY committed an assault upon you, and committed False Imprisonment (if they detained you in the van for any period of time). Obviously some of this will come down to your demeanour towards them and what was said at the time of the incident.

They searched your house.... I assume that your name being on the tenancy agreement with the council is the sole name (and not any of your other family?)

If so, did you consent to a voluntary search of your premises? did they inform you that they were going to conduction a PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) search of your premises and under what section? (most PACE searches require you to be 'under arrest' for them to be legally carried out) or was their a Magistrates Warrant to search your house? (I assume no to this last one due to the timeframe).

If no to all of these, who gave them permission to search? If not you as the owner.... hmmm well, maybe a bit of a boo boo there.

Have you also recieved a copy of the search log and a Property Other than Found (POTF) recored of the stuff that was seized? Because you should have.

I think thats about it for starters, obviously not being there at the time of the incident and not having a full recollection of events, this advice is based solely on the scant information you have provided so far, but its a general pointer for your solicitor should you need it.

As for your Step Father, if your name is on the tenancy agreement (and the only name), tell him to shove it up his backside, its your house (fo all intents and purposes), if he doesnt like it, there's the door.

Archived