The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

Quick question: fully upgraded Pro-sniper shooting 5-6 inches to the left-and-up @ a mere 10 meters, with fullly adjusted open sights!

What is the most likely cause of the problem?

Bent barrel / badly positioned spacers?

Lack of spacers?

Dirty tightbore?

Hop-up is not "vertical"?

What to check first?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's your velocity? a lot of the time if you have too high of a velocity plus the hopup it will create a gyro effect on the bb.

you can check this by putting your hopup setting to minimum and seeing if it still goes off course like that.

also, fore those who want a heavier stock for your vsr's but ate the smokeys one, you can just stuff your stock. all you do is get about 3lbs worth of material that can fit in your stock, wrap it tightly in tissues, put tape all around it so that the sissues will not tear, put it in your stock surrounded by tightly compacted tissues so that there is no movement in the stock, and then close it up with the buttpad. it's that easy. it will give the rifle a nice solid feeling, and will also give it great ballance when shouldered. personally i find that it ballances a lot like a bullpup.

Quick question: fully upgraded Pro-sniper shooting 5-6 inches to the left-and-up @ a mere 10 meters, with fullly adjusted open sights!

What is the most likely cause of the problem?

Bent barrel / badly positioned spacers?

Lack of spacers?

Dirty tightbore?

Hop-up is not "vertical"?

What to check first?

If its doing it everytime chances are its the hop might have been twisted slightly,

take it apart down to the inner barrel, give it a clean and put the hop ruber back on. put it back together and give it ago.

could be slight bit of dirt on the inner barrel in conjunction with the hop causing it to do this.

clean the hop and barrel just to eliminate them possibilities.

and if you're using iron sights, are you sure the front sight is at the correct place? because it's only stuck on there by double sided tape. did it move?

and define what you mean by 'fully upgraded' but that shouldnt really change the trajectory of your shots that far off in 10metres. i got a feeling your hop is tilted or something.

make sure everything's not loose inside you gun... because i have to check that every now and then on mine to make sure my internals of the gun aint falling apart whilst im using it.

ok, i just finished the stress test of the g-spec. it was using the standard barrel during the test. i basically used it heavilly for about 3 months without cleaning, lubing, or performing any maintanence on it.

i used it in light rain, light snow, extreme cold, and in heavilly wooded areas.

what did i find out?

there was not a lot of change in performance. towards the end of the testing every once in a while there would be a wild shot, and the bolt became a bit stiff. other than that it functioned pretty smoothly. also, these changes in performance took about 2 and a half months to start occuring.

i am getting a 6.03mm barrel for it soon, after i do some tests with that i will put it through another stess test.

I basically used it heavilly for about 3 months without cleaning, lubing, or performing any maintanence on it.

A man after my own heart. I haven't cleaned my G-Spec in about 2 months (But because i'm lazy) and it is functioning perfectly. If you're wandering it's currently got a 6.03mm barrel.

First of all, thanks for the tips guys!

I cleaned the barrel, it was very dirty (bought the rifle used), but the problem is still there. When the barrel+receiver assy is removed from the stock I can rotate the outer barrel 1-2mm in the receiver (set screw is tightened). Is this normal? The rifle has a new alu receiver 'cos the original was worn out.

After taking the hop-up chamber apart I noticed that the rubber is deformed, slightly twisted, and very-very loose on the inner barrel without the teflon tape. Which replacement rubber is the better? Nine balls, Firefly? Hard or soft for 500-570+ fps?

good and bad.

Saturday the weather was quite iffy, Wind was rather bad and alot of shots had to be quite off target, half the day i spent with my newly purchased AEG (for days like that)

Sunday was a bit better, got my rifle zero'd better, again it was rather windy but not as windy.

TBH i dont see much difference over the Laylax 6.03mm inner barrel in Skirmishing terms, shots seemed to still go the same sort of places.

Im going to a bigger site next week with some longer ranges. ill be able to test it again then, but atm im feeling like it was a waste of money.

hey guys i've got a question.

I've been out of airsofting for a while now unfortunately but before i had to stop i got the Laylax (PSS10) Cylinder Head Pro for my vsr 10. now cause i didn't read into properly and i was told the wrong thing when i tries to fit it to my standard cylinder its killed all the threads on my cylinder,

I was talking to one of my mates and he said that TM had released a new stock cylinder which was able to take the cylinder head is this true?

i cant seem to find any info on it anywhere.

just wondering as i cant really afford to pick up the teflon coated cylinder at 60pound

cheers in advance

Well don't quote me, but from my experiance I would say that unless WGC stock it and they don't appear to, then you will find it impossible to get unless you buy a new rifle.

You may well have to buy the teflon £60 cylinder... ouch. Perhaps it is more economic to buy a new rifle and sell the other bits as spares???? ouch :(

look for someone on here that is upgrading and get their old parts off them???

Anyone?

;)

Archived