The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

Doubtful, I like to think I know most of the aftermarket bits for the VSR that are about, a cylinder available separately from TM is not something I have seen.

If of consolation, while expensive, the teflon cylinder is one of the best and likely only cylinders you would ever need once you splash the cash.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, I just installed the Laylax stainless cylinder head which is much shorter than the original one. Compression test revealed that this new part leaves the hole on the side of the Marui cylinder unplugged, and not even teflon taping solves the problem. (As a temporary fix I duct taped the outside of the cylinder.)

Looks like I must order a teflon cílinder... Any other ideas?

As a side note, the gun is more quiet with the Laylax head.

Hello,

I've had my vsr completely upgraded with full laylax parts, but now i'm suffering sometimes from the not-cocking problem.

There's a subject of this on http://www.airsoftsniper.co.uk/VSR/noncocking.php

But this link is not yet working.

Anyone an idea what might be causing this and how to resolve it?

cheers!

can you bea bit more specific when you say it doesnt cock.

does it not engage when you pull the bolt back, or it does engage but when you push the bolt forward it 'snaps' forward.

Don't mean to get off subject here but I had a quick question. I'm kinda cheap, and don't like buying things I won't need, what's the advantage of having a metal spring guide? Do they really break under pressure? Will a plastic spring guide be fine with a 170sp spring? (i have the sear upgrades, etc)

Well, more than likely, and definitely after time, especially with such a high powered spring.

Personally, for the $20 or so of what it costs, I would just replace it.

You could always try it and see how long it lasts*

*the management accepts no liability for broken items or wounded pride with the usage of any advice given and no acceptance of responsibility is implied or intended.

mmn, not sure, looks like a harris bipod, although held on place with a bolt rather than via the stud. looks like what i have done to my vsr stock. the harris bipod kept coming off and pulling the stud out, so i took it out, and put a bolt through the stock attached to the bipod.

you may have to remove the stud, and make the hole a tad larger. so yes it will fit but with some *possible* modification to the stock

mmn, not sure, looks like a harris bipod, although held on place with a bolt rather than via the stud. looks like what i have done to my vsr stock. the harris bipod kept coming off and pulling the stud out, so i took it out, and put a bolt through the stock attached to the bipod.

you may have to remove the stud, and make the hole a tad larger. so yes it will fit but with some *possible* modification to the stock

What kind of modification will i need?

My son's VSR10 has been having feeding issues and I was hoping someone here may have some ideas or experience with our problem.

The gun tends to jam with double feeds, which are a pain to clear. It has done this with the stock barrel and a custom barrel. We are using the original stock magazine. I have ordered more marui mags to check if it is the mag, but everything looks normal.

Any ideas?

Yes, it moves freely. I was taking a closer look at the bucking and it almost seems like it sits back just a tad to far into the chambering area. I think maybe the bucking is rolling inwards enough to make it jam. Any ideas? Are there better rubbers for the VSR that might not do this?

Archived