The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

I found the same despite doing a pretty good job on drilling the pin out the stock cylinder. Needless to say having a hole in the cylinder is worse than not having one and I consequently lugged it away and got the PSS10 one  :)

Update: a buddy of mine fixed the cylinder hole with resin. It's holding up well.

Do I need anything extra to run the Laylax 190sp spring? (I already have the steel cyl.head, hp piston, steel spring guide w/bearing, zero trigger and aluminum receiver, firefly hard bucking)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it moves freely. I was taking a closer look at the bucking and it almost seems like it sits back just a tad to far into the chambering area. I think maybe the bucking is rolling inwards enough to make it jam. Any ideas? Are there better rubbers for the VSR that might not do this?

Uh you can get hop up rubbers, but aint sure if it might fix this.

That happened to me when i took out my barrel. I put the hopup in and the rubber was a tiny bit too far forward and the bb's wouldn't go through to the chamber. If this appears to be the problem, you can unscrew the end cap of the outer barrel so you have access to the inner barrel and lightly/slighty pull the inner barrel out a tiny bit. However, if you inner barrel moves easily, this means you need to take your chamber out and tighten those screws more, they may be loose.

Actually, i would probably recommend you take the hopup out and tighten those screws because that's probably why you're have the feeding problem, the innber barrel moves when those two screws arent tightened a lot. Let me know if you need help on disasemby.PM me.

Sorry to go off topic but metal snake does ur USR actually look like that!? :blink:

Funnily enough I was also curious in thinking that myself just last night. I'd be quite impressed if it were, and would like to see more pictures it that is the case  :)

I was actually waiting for someone to say something. :D

Yes it will look like that.

When its done.

I getting a custom stock made by a mate of mine :D

So yeah im lucky.

THanks

Cl_Metal_Snake

Looks awesome aw guys.

I reckon it would be a whole lot better and more realistic on the APS2 platform.

Um seeing as i am not doing it.(Dont have tools, or materials)

But the whole reason for me to make a custom stock was to be original, and i loved the guy who made the SV-98 stock.

But yeah i will hopefully show you the end product beofre the new year.

Everything you see in the SIG SGG3000 i will try to replicate.

Thanks

Cl_Metal_Snake

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/Cam...CustomStock.jpg

Rough design on Paint :P

Having some problems with my G-Spec...

I just dropped in some upgrades today:

Laylax PSS10 Trigger Sear

Laylax PSS10 Piston Sear

Laylax PSS10 Spring Guide Stopper

Laylax PSS10 Smooth Bearing Spring Guide

Laylax PSS10 High Pressure Piston

Laylax PSS10 150 Spring

Laylax PSS10 Barrel Spacers

Laylax PSS10 430mm Inner Barrel

The bolt pull is heavy, but tolerable although not very smooth. The problem is that the cylinder won't go foward without pushing very hard on the back of it.

I have not had a chance to actually shoot it at range (Dark outside) but the velocity is certainly there. (Punched though the bottom of a Coke can)

Any advice?

Yeah.

Have you tried the Teflon cylinder.

Cause you got everything but it basically.

If you heavier upgrade the VSR and have a Big spring in it, the bolt pull and especially the push is very hard.

I have minimzed this by buying and applying moly grease around the piston and cylinder.

HOpe this helps

THanks

Cl_Metal_Snake

The bolt pull is heavy, but tolerable although not very smooth.  The problem is that the cylinder won't go foward without pushing very hard on the back of it.

Any advice?

I have the same issue mate, the push i find it harder than the pull,

my mate has a simular set up but only running at 450, he doesnt have a teflon cylinder and has a stock trigger sear and his bolt is fine, ive got no idea what causes it.

What barrel would you suggest for upgrading my Gspec.  It is pretty much stock atm, but I may upgrade later.  Would a Tanio Koba barrel be worth it if firing at normal speeds, or should I get another brand.  Also, what size diameter is best?

Ive got a TK barrel for sale (see sig) they work fine for speeds up to 350fps (not sure about higher speeds)

other than that a laylax 303/430mm with a 6.03mm diamter will be fine.

What's the actual procedure for installing this cylinder in the vsr with the zero trigger unit from laylax?

As the bauer described his problem with pushing the handle forward is harder then the cocking pull..

I had this aswell but this was because i didn't properly insert that 'pin' from the zero trigger unit.

So now i'm wondering if i didn't 'misplace' that pin in my cylinder..

Archived