The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They come with the TM set. Not doing the TDC mod anymore?

Still doing TDC but a friend needs one. 

Anyone know if there are any stocks available for the VSR-10 that aren't bog standard M40A1 stocks, looking for a mor modern look to my weapon and running out of luck finding anything.

There's a nice ebr looking stock on x-fire, and only costs a small mortgage.

Tried convincing him. Apparently he's worried that his gun won't be aesthetically pleasing if there's a screw sticking out of it, and he doesn't want to have to take the gun apart if the TDC screw is tapped straight onto the hop arm inside. 

Some people, eh?

Well UK customs have   cleared my pdi parts with a loving  fee to pay ,, yes £11 in vat and another £13:50 ransom to Royal farce mail    ,so testing will be sorted this week with results    

But im now in a bad position  ,if i go way way back in the pictures there  im sure i made referrence to a Sun Project m40a1   ,well after years of looking i found another and it should be here monday .. oh what to do  ....

Oh beautiful! Was this the one up on zero in recently? I hear a lot about the coveted SP m40a1. Are the internals good, because I guess for a 10-year-old gun that's as rare as water in a desert, they'd be hard to come by upgrades/replacements! What're your plans?

I was going to go for one, but in the end (just in time, too, before I almost sold my vsr!! :o ) I found a nice Japanese wooden vsr stock. I've posted it a million times all over the place, but one more time can't harm.... boastboastboast

2013-01-25153228_zpse925f104.jpg

wondering if anyone else had the problem that there outerbarrel threads stripped the first time they removed it like mine did hasnt affected anything but i wasnt pleased

This happens because the forward most screw on the Ris Rail goes through and into tbe outer barrel thread. I found that out the hard way, had to force it off and completely destroyed the thread.

I blag this as a quick-release outer barrel ;-).

If I ever buy another VSR, removing that screw is the very first thing I'll be doing.

Hey guys seem to have an interesting issue related to my PDI hop-up. Every so often BBs tend to "catch" my hop rubber and get a small portion of the feed lip caught between the BB and the barrel jamming my weapon and destroying the rubbers. I'm trying to figure out what is causing this but I keep thinking its one issue, only to find that its not. I've searched google to no avail, hoping someone could chime in.

Also can anyone recommend a preferred hop-up rubber and nub combo for the PDI hop-ups, I've got a straight spacer in there now and still don't seem to get enough hop.

Sorry but I can't help you out there as I don't have a PDI hop, but the only idea I have is, is your cylinder head made by PDI as well? I'm not entirely sure of the difference between aeg barrels and the vsr ones, as I've never bothered opening up an aeg, but if all else fails, would the r-hop concept be of any use to you? There are videos of it on youtube.

AEG barrels are cut differently. While the hop window and the long groove on its opposite side are about the same as with GBB barrels, AEG barrels do not have the radial groove to secure the edge of the hop rubber and the notch for securing the inner barrel to the hop chamber are positioned differently.

Concerning the PDI hop rubber that's folding up on itself and lack of hop effect, have you tried using a harder grade of rubber?

First I have a PDI inner barrel if that makes a difference

I thought the rubber durameter might be an issue, so I've ordered a harder rubber the the systema standard rubber I have sitting around. It will take some time to get here but the second rubber I tried was very hard clear blue SHS rubber, and worked very well until it jammed a second time (I've since learned that the jamming issue is related to improperly re-building the replica and I have put a few mags through without issue). The first rubber destroyed was the one PDI supplied, and was very hard and applied some hop, although not much, the SHS was very hard and worked well, so I'm hoping that I'm just a high power noob and my problem is because I've used soft rubbers or stock/"standard" rubbers my whole airsoft career.

Ok managed to do some testing this evening  with the pdi hop .6.01 inner barrel  554mm and the w -bucking  ,now after a lot of messing to get the flight straight  with left and right movement   ,i have found the w bucking very good for consistancy   , a 9 inch plate at 61 metres  was my target   and out of the 100 rounds i fired this evening i would say that a good %75  landed on target while the others were not 6 inches from the target     

My tests were done with madbull .4s  but here lies my problem even with the screws turned out  i still cannot get the pdi hop to lift the bbs in a manner which im happy with  ,  i have changed to nub for a slightly larger one   and still no joy  the .4s seem to drop at around 70 metres   ,perhaps the w-bucking is to soft for these bbs ,as i did try a .36 and there was a massive differnce in flight and distance    ,the next thing i will try is a smaller O ring to add more pressure to the hop arms   and will report bad

Good work, Doc. I have the same issue with .4s, but am looking to swap out to .32s anyway. I know a lot of 500fps snipers who are more than happy with sub .36s, including noobie. I'm hitting 70m with .4s though which is outstanding for any hop when you consider that without hop effect a .4gram bb firing at 2 joules should only travel 44m or so.

Just bought a vsr walnut hogue style (kind of l96 looking) stock from aspuk facebook page. Looks gorgeous and will post it up when my laptop comes back from shop. This does mean previously posted wooden stock will be up for grabs soon.

TBH i have used other weights of bbs over the years but the problem i have had seems to be receipiants seem to be less inclinded to take /feel hits from  lower weighted bbs at greater distances     ,more so the lads in plate carriers ect  , with the .4  there is a louder  shwack on cordura  meaning players are more likely to take hits

Any how , o-rings changed and  other tinkering down    will test again this evening

Well me and Mr pdi hop unit almost had a fall out but the better MAN won in the end thanks to a  sliver of elastic band and  a smaller god awful difficult to fit O-ring  , i now have the flight and ability to lift .43s  should i desire and after 90 minutes of  sorting the left and right  lift bars , im now good for sending a .4 out past 85 metres in straight flight  , and accuarcy seems to have remained as i was bouncing a coke can around the yard at around 50 metres 

Happy now 

Archived