The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not compression, if it's REALLY hard to bolt forward then check your O-ring and your cylinder head for damage. Put some cyclinder grease in there while you're at it. It will always be a little tougher pushing the bolt forward, but it shouldn't be THAT bad, like mine was ;) found out the piston i was using was too big!

also, what are spring guide tensioners? I assume they just make the power incresee by adding washers to the spring guide?

It's not compression, if it's REALLY hard to bolt forward then check your O-ring and your cylinder head for damage.

That's it right there.

I was having a lot of difficulty two days ago. Mine was nearly impossible to push foward. Yesterday I took the cylinder apart and found that the oring on the piston was caught between the piston and the cylinder itself. As you can guess, I reseated the oring (more carefully this time) and now cocking and pushing requires about the same force.

...check your orings...

I'd be wary as to how many spacers you use though as too many can cause cocking issues. Regarding supressors for a VSR Pro Sniper88, as long as you have the 14mm-ve adaptor, choose which ever you like the look of. I would however avoid one that is too long, as with high hop bbs can (apparently) hit the inside of the supressor before they exit it (From reports I have read over on ASCUK).

While installing my new Nine Ball Air Seal unit, I noticed something.

The VSRs Inner Barrel lacks support, I belive that shimming around the Hop-Unit to prevent movement and vibration, should net an increase in consistancy.

The next step would be a molded or fitted barrel support, this would replace or supplement the existing single plastic ring. Basically it would be insulation foam cut to fit the outer barrel with a hole for the Inner Barrel to fit through.

I think in many locations the use of Teflon tape as a shim could help increase accuracy, specifically between the Hop Unit and the Outer Barrel and the Hop Unit and the Inner Barrel.

Hey mega-lomaniac, you're no Jesus.. sorry incubus song.

I have thought of this as well, but the hop up adjuster gets in the way, you'll have to mod the hop up switch thingy if you want to put anything between the inner barrel and the hop up unit.

you're no elvis either.

While installing my new Nine Ball Air Seal unit, I noticed something.

The VSRs Inner Barrel lacks support, I belive that shimming around the Hop-Unit to prevent movement and vibration, should net an increase in consistancy.

The next step would be a molded or fitted barrel support, this would replace or supplement the existing single plastic ring. Basically it would be insulation foam cut to fit the outer barrel with a hole for the Inner Barrel to fit through.

I think in many locations the use of Teflon tape as a shim could help increase accuracy, specifically between the Hop Unit and the Outer Barrel and the Hop Unit and the Inner Barrel.

So basically you want barrel spacers then. Trust me, they will save a lot of hassle compared to a DIY solution, and PDI make some excellent quad o ring ones that do a superb job of what it sounds like you want to achieve. Not much cash either, invest in some :)

LOL Shard, when i read that post i was thinking barrel spacers but i thought nar he cant mean them surley as every body know about them

so i was thinking he ment more the inner barrel INSIDE the hop unit forthe 1-2inch length that it is. but then i thought i was just being silly.

I might just be missing some subtle difference, I did just do a 13 1/2 hour shift at work, but

"I think in many locations the use of Teflon tape as a shim could help increase accuracy, specifically between the Hop Unit and the Outer Barrel and the Hop Unit and the Inner Barrel."
would be more apt of barrel spacers than any other sort of solution. That and a few spacers holds it more rock solid than any other solution of teflon tape could :P

Shard, the Barrel Spacers only connect the inner barrel and outer, the Teflon Tape would sit inbetween the Outer barrel and the Hop unit to prevent movement and between the Inner Barrel and the Hop-Up unit. The Reasoning behind the Foam Fitted Barrel support has more to do with absorbing vibration which a solid foam block would do better than the commerically sold Barrel Spacers.

The barrel spacers that I mentioned have 4 o-rings, two inside to tightly hold the inner barrel in position, two on the outside to hold the spacer tightly against the outerbarrel inner wall. There is zero play, and no room for vibration to shake the barrel even minutely (Attested by the need to use copious amounts of silicon spray to even get the damned things in the barrel and to where they needed to be).

I see what you are saying, but I still dispute the capabilities of thin teflon tape at least in providing any shock absorbing benefits that a decent barrel spacer can't do equally as well. In an environment where there is an opportunity for movement of an assembly in any direction rubber or other semi rigid material are good. When you are essentially talking about a tube in a tube held perfectly central and also extremely tight, I don't think vibration would even be a factor to effect accuracy.

ok.. quick question..

i've bought the Laylax Air-Seal Chamber for the gspec and i've also used some teflon on it... is it worth it to buy and to use the NINE BALL Hopup Bucking instead?

If so, should i teflon this as well ?

ok.. quick question..

i've bought the Laylax Air-Seal Chamber for the gspec and i've also used some teflon on it... is it worth it to buy and to use the NINE BALL Hopup Bucking instead? 

If so, should i teflon this as well ?

The air seal chamber allows the use of AEG barrel rite?

im pretty sure looking at the Nineball hop rubber that iw will work as well.

ive personaly not used the air seal chamber but if its working fine then dont bother changing it, unless its just using the standard hop then change the hop rubber as well.

Just a quick question. does anyone have the specs for the stock, am gonna make a complete cutsom stock

surley you have the stock already if your going to make a custom stock for your VSR? or do you plan to make a custom stock once youve got your VSR?

if the latter id wait instead of going from peoples measurements that way you can be certain of what you doing and not blame ***** when something didnt align up.

Morb,

Do you have a link to the specific hop rubber you talk of ?

I ask only as nineball is generally the name applied handgun upgrade specific parts from Laylax.

If the "nineball" hop rubber is the nineball airseal rubber then it won't be compatible with an AEG barrel used as intended with the airseal chamber.

If it is just a standard aeg rubber it'll be fine :)

Hopefully I haven't just got the wrong end of the stick completely here, it is getting rather late considering how tired I am !

sup guys, 1st time posting here...just pulled the trigger on a VSR G-spec. got laylax piston sear, trigger sear, and cylinder release lever. also got 430mm tightbore, m150 spring, and barrel spacers. hopefully, this will result in a decently durable rifle.

now i need to pick up a bipod, optics, and ghillie. hope to put up some pics of the project in a few weeks or so...

sounds like a good set up, although the cylinder and piston may wanna be replaced, but they can be done at a later date, and its down to personal taste for the cylinder. Also, if i where you id skirmish the rifle a few times without a ghillie, then judge from them skirmish's if it is really needed.

Cheers

Joe

Morb,

Do you have a link to the specific hop rubber you talk of ?

I ask only as nineball is generally the name applied handgun upgrade specific parts from Laylax.

If the "nineball" hop rubber is the nineball airseal rubber then it won't be compatible with an AEG barrel used as intended with the airseal chamber.

If it is just a standard aeg rubber it'll be fine  :)

Hopefully I haven't just got the wrong end of the stick completely here, it is getting rather late considering how tired I am !

Shard,

I hope it will fit cuz i just ordered one..

it's this rubber:

9ball

Seems to be the same one as you said i think...

Hmm

Yeah thats the same one.

To be honest I am assumming that the laylax air seal chamber is meant exclusively for use with AEG barrels, rather than doing so being optional. You might be fine if you use it with the VSR barrel, but it certainly won't fit an AEG barrel. That is why Laylax include that hop rubber with the air seal chamber.

Fingers crossed it works out alright and money hasn't been wasted !

Archived