The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, it's still soft, but it's significantly harder than it was when i first put it on. i am using the gas tape though, not the water one... don't know if that makes a difference or not.

i have also used my rifle in the rain and snow, could that have cause it to harden?

well, it has molded to the shape of the hopup, and became more rigid, but i have not tried taring it or anything.

i just tested the rifle, it is working fine now, though matrix bb's are crud. they are fairly accurate since they are .30, but they pretty are soft, hence less energy transfer so they don't move thriough the air as well.

the problem before must have been that the barrel was too slick, i gotta pay more attention to that.

half should still be quiet enough..

I'm still a week or so before actually ordering, and i'm not yet decided for what setup i should use..

430 through the silencer

430 with a longer silencer

555 with PDI L flute outer

I was leaning towards the 555 setup for a while, but oppinions are mixed about the gains of 555 vs 430 and the 555 setup would be 110+ USD more for the outer barrel. I'm concerned about the length too, since with the silencer attached to that it would become a hand cannon..

It;s not that i expect a huge improvement for the 555mm over the 430, as much as i'd like to keep my full silencer function as well as get as good a barrel setup as possible.

To give you guys all the facts, the upgrades also include a zero trigger, spring guide and 150 spring, Nineball airseal chamber and .30 BB's, as well as a bipod and some other small parts( sling, scope extender etc).

Money isn't that much of an issue as knowing i'm gonna have a top knotch rifle..

So what do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

guys, just before i finalised my shopping list the PDI ezy light outer barrel just came back in stock over at redwolf and i just couldn;t resit.. i added that and a 555mm tighbore.. order is not submitted yet, won;t be until next week, so if you got any good reasons to turn me from the dark side, now is the chance. I really do want to keep my full silencer function, and in my mind, extra length on the barrel can't be wrong. Since this will be the last time i will be able to order from HK i wanted to get everything as good as it could be.

I do have a question tho:

since i have a gspec allready, do i need to buy barrel spacers as well? Or does my rifle allready have the corect barrel spacers? I never took out the inner barrel/hop-up yet so i wanna make sure. they say the outer barrel inner diameter is same as gspec's so the existing barrel spacers(if any) should fit..

Cheers bud, not that theres anything wrong with the current one, just once you seen one gspec you seen them all....allmost :P

you need the

PDI outerbarrel BASE

PDI Fluted Barrel

PDI GSpec silencer end cap.

the end cap can be screwed in both ways, one way allowing you to use the original gspec silencer, or the other way to screw in a -14mm silencer.

Archived