The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

hey guys, has anyone here tried the firefly v hop buckings in their VSR?

im really interested by it, but i dont know whether to buy soft or hard... (430fps)

Do you have a TM hopup unit? If so I'd just stick with that TM until you can tell you NEED new rubber...in my opinion TM makes the best hopup unit, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys.. kinda need an answer on this one pls:

If i get PDI ezy outer barrel and laylax inner barrel, do i need to buy the pdi gspec barrel spacers or does my gspec allready have correct spacers? Im thinking since gspec allready has a bull barrel it should have spacers but don;t wanna take any chances( and i don;t wanna take it apart unless absolutly necessary cuz i have a tendency to be left with extra parts after putting it back together :P).

Any help appreciated, thanks..

thats why i'm worried, but for example this is taken from redwolf's description of the Ezy barrel:

"PDI Ezy Light Outer Barrel 690 for Marui VSR10

For VSR-10.Made of Duralmin.Internal diameter is 27mm(same the G-SPEC).Pipe wall thickness is 1.75mm"

Edited cuz bauer posted while i was writing..

I'm not getting the fluted one, but the Ezy light one.. will check pdi site too, thanks

I bought a nineball bucking and a firefly hard bucking for my vsr. The nineball was absolutely terrible with every shot curving hugely to the right. The firefly added a lot of hop and range was increased. It is kind of hard to fit since the dual nubs have got to be placed exactly square or your shots will not be straight.

After all was said and done I went back to the stock bucking wrapped in teflon. This has given me the best results accuracy wise. The firefly gave good range though.

my nineball bucking seems to be fine, but i think the accuracy on my vsr has deteriorated over the past few months for some reason.. im going to completely disassemble it when i get the firefly bucking and check whats wrong...

the reason i changed the stock bucking was because it gave less than adequate range and accuracy even after being wrapped in teflon.

Rifle: VSR10, Gspec length 6.03 barrel, shooting ~528 fps with 0.20 g.

Using TM 0.30 BB's I couldn't get a flat trajectory with either TM or NineBall rubber. The BB's fell to the ground at 30-40 meters, no matter how much hop-up I applied.

Installed Firefly hard rubber, and got flat trajectory with 3 or 4 clicks on the hop-up adjustment lever. Tested in heavy rains only, so I can't tell you anything about the other factors like consistancy and accuracy, but it looks good so far. Had no problems hitting torso-sized targets at 60 meters in heavy rain.

It also works really well in my KJW M700 with 550mm 6.03 barrel.

To FPS not much, could possibley take you to around 300fps, a new hop rubber and PTFE mod would give you more range with heavier ammo, increasing accuracy further. Fitting a new spring would probably take you over 328fps, but im not exactly sure on that one.

Hope that helps.

Joe

ok, i just got a firefly v-rubber, accuracy has improved slightly, there have been some inconsistencies with SGM .29's but maybe thats just because the rubber is brand new. With TM .3g there are no inconsistencies. I will be able to test range at a game on friday, so i'll see if theres any improvement over the nineball purple rubber (which was better than the stock rubber in mine) :)

you got the cylinder and cylinder head

piston and spring guide there.

u just need to add a spring

im guessing its compatible withthe normal sears and laylax upgraded ones.

i guessed as much, just wasnt sure wehter it was gas or spring, cheers for that mate :). just assumed it becuase it says "CAW" in the title and the cylinder looks to be black not seen a black spring cylinder :S

cheers again mate :)

Jas

likewise, be extra careful when drilling it out. If you make the hole too big you will knack your cylinder and need a new one, because it will leak air.

yep...slow and steady is the trick. use plenty of lube thru that drilled hole to lubricate the threads as you unscrew the cylinder head. be very careful not to strip your threads.

i guessed as much, just wasnt sure wehter it was gas or spring, cheers for that mate :). just assumed it becuase it says "CAW" in the title and the cylinder looks to be black not seen a black spring cylinder :S

cheers again mate :)

Jas

CAW is Craft Apple Works, an american company irrc

there are a few companies that do cylinder kits look on a few of the hongkong/japan sites and youll find them

cant comment on any of it though as ive never used any of it, or know any body that has.

Archived