The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

The barrel spacers that I mentioned have 4 o-rings, two inside to tightly hold the inner barrel in position, two on the outside to hold the spacer tightly against the outerbarrel inner wall. There is zero play, and no room for vibration to shake the barrel even minutely (Attested by the need to use copious amounts of silicon spray to even get the damned things in the barrel and to where they needed to be). 

I see what you are saying, but I still dispute the capabilities of thin teflon tape at least in providing any shock absorbing benefits that a decent barrel spacer can't do equally as well. In an environment where there is an opportunity for movement of an assembly in any direction rubber or other semi rigid material are good. When you are essentially talking about a tube in a tube held perfectly central and also extremely tight, I don't think vibration would even be a factor to effect accuracy. 

Firstly vibration would have an effect on accuracy due to it causing the barrel to shift slightly when firing.

Secondly you are still not getting where I am suggesting to use teflon tape. The barrel spacers prevent the inner and outer barrel from moving but do not prevent the hop unit from moving, so teflon tape would be used to shim in between the Hop-Up unit and the outer barrel.

In any case the tightening of tolerances will increase consistency, think of the gun as an equation, essentially any where on the gun where there is a tolerance is a variable, if you tighten the tolerances you limit the size of the variables and produce more consistent results.

When I apply it to my gun I will take pictures and then maybe you will understand what I mean, I am sorry if you are unable to understand the way that I am expressing my solution.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand perfectly what you are suggesting.

I do still stand by the fact that given the design of the VSR hop unit, its position and fixing method, as well as the way in which the hop rubber locates within the hop unit, that shimming the outside of the hop unit to the outer barrel's inner surface with teflon tape will have any benefit in comparison to the use of some barrel spacers.

I have three located in my VSR. Two sit in the outer barrel holding the mid section and near end portion of the inner barrel up front. The supressor adaptor also adds an additional supportive point near the tip of the inner barrel.

The 3rd sits in front of the hop unit inside the start of the outer barrel. I'd be impressed if with this setup, the barrel moves in the slightest given the amount of friction and rigidity the three barrel spacers provide.

What I am saying is there is no way that a comparison between using a stock G Spec with the glued on barrel spacer + teflon tape shimming at the hop unit will have any noticeable benefit or performance gains against getting a few barrel spacers.

Essentially I'm saying that in airsoft reality a setup such as mine above will provide a VSR about as accurate and stable when firing as is possible without any other mods, bar perhaps expoxying the whole barrel assembly permanently within the outer barrel.

I'm not trying to be a ###### here, I'm just suggesting that they released barrel spacers rather than a gasket for the hop unit for a reason, not just because it would be better profit wise to make some spacers than a gasket :)

I found that my PDI barrel was slightly smaller than my stock vsr barrel and it moved slightly in the chamber when it was tightened 100%, i fixed this by applying a thin layer of teflon tape around the barrel part only, now it's snug as a bug in a rug.lol.

Anyway, I was at a skirmish yesterday...and my gun was shooting way below what it should be shooting at with a Laylax 170sp spring...I've got a NEO piston, metal spring guide...what could cause this? Compression? I checked that and it was fine, actually i chronoed it at first it shot 398, then 20 shots later it shot 464 <_<

Can anyone recommened a lube/grease to use in my clyinder? Do you think I need a teflon cylinder?

I cleaned the gun, relubed it, made sure it was working properly but I can't test the fps cuz i don't have a chrono.

I found that my PDI barrel was slightly smaller than my stock vsr barrel and it moved slightly in the chamber when it was tightened 100%, i fixed this by applying a thin layer of teflon tape around the barrel part only, now it's snug as a bug in a rug.lol.

Anyway, I was at a skirmish yesterday...and my gun was shooting way below what it should be shooting at with a Laylax 170sp spring...I've got a NEO piston, metal spring guide...what could cause this? Compression? I checked that and it was fine, actually i chronoed it at first it shot 398, then 20 shots later it shot 464 <_<

Can anyone recommened a lube/grease to use in my clyinder? Do you think I need a teflon cylinder?

I cleaned the gun, relubed it, made sure it was working properly but I can't test the fps cuz i don't have a chrono.

Moly Grease.

Apply it in your cylinder and piston. But not that much

I think my hopup may be damaged.

The range and accuracy at range are horrid. The bb (.30g) almost always hooks to the right and then drops off. This is only at about 25 - 35 yards.

With the hop clicked up high I can get the bbs to curve mildly upward.

I have checked the alignment and it is fine.

So unless someone out there knows better, I think I will need to buy a new rubber.

So which shall it be, the Nineball or the Firefly?

I read the review of the Nineball but have yet to see anything about the Firefly.

And for your reference the G-Spec is equipped with:

Laylax 6.03 430mm

PSS10 SP150

PSS10 NEO Piston

Sears, etc

Thanks.

OK, just recieved my bullbarrel base, P flute barrel end, Bull barrel cap, and spacers, fitted it all together and when i came to put the stock on, IT DOESNT FIT!

Has anyone else had this problem with fitting these parts and how do i get round it?

any help appreciated.

By hitting the stock I'm guessing you mean that the divider near the foreend of the stock appears to be in the way, so the block cannot be seated as it would usually. As per my pm it sounds a lot like you haven't fully screwed the outer barrel assembly into the receiver.

Allowed you on msn - feel free to ask if you are still stuck.

Ay Shard, ive been chatting with him, hes screwed it all the way back only got 3/4 lft to turn so he cant do another full rotation.

mine did this if i didnt screw it the last rotation,

anyhow hes filed the block a little, only problem he has now is that the mags are stiff, as in they dont drop out, my mags have done this for ages, no idea why lol.

Ive also received the Smokeys VSR Mag catch today and fitted it, review going up shortly on airsoft sniper.

Said review is now online:

http://content.airsoftsniper.co.uk/?p=34

Christ mate, I thought I was bad buying rather expensive accessories for my VSR, £21 for that tiny little thing.

That almost makes the k2 trigger guard look like good value for money eh :lol:

I just cut the trigger finger ringlet off my hatch gloves myself :P

Just needing some info.....

All bits from zero one ( not orded yet just want info/advice )

• * Laylax (PSS10) 100SP Spring £9.99

* Laylax (PSS10) Spring Guide £15.99

* Laylax (PSS10) Spring Guide Stopper £13.25

* Laylax (PSS10) Teflon Coated Reinforced Cylinder £65.50

* Laylax (PSS10) High Pressure Piston £24.99

* Laylax (PSS10) Cylinder Head £14.50

* Laylax (PSS10) Cylinder Head Pro £22.99

* Laylax (PSS10) Piston Sear £13.25

* Laylax (PSS10) Trigger Sear £22.00

* Laylax (PSS10) Silent Damper Rubber Pads £6.99

* Laylax (PSS10) Barrel Spacers for G-Spec £11.99

* Laylax (PSS10) Zero Trigger with Piston £119.99

Now i not got any of this yet i was just posting to ask peoples opinions on which bits to actually get.

I have allready got the new inner 6.03 barrel so thats taken care of.

The question is which bits out of them posted would you buy if you where to do a moderate upg to a VSR10 GSpec ?

Say for instance i want for the zero trigger what other bits would i need to go with it if i was bothering to upg the unit ?

Drew

ps do they do a metal trigger guard for the VSR ? i am sure i seen one for sale but can not remember where ?

If I were only putting in an SP100 spring, I would simply buy a set of barrel spacers and a tightbore.

You aren't going to need any reinforced parts with just a SP100...

I am unsure what major benefits you would achieve by putting in a teflon cylinder, cylinder head, piston, silent damper, etc with a SP100. The complete stock cylinder is probably just fine.

(and yes you can get a metal trigger guard: WGC Shop )

If I were only putting in an SP100 spring, I would simply buy a set of barrel spacers and a tightbore.

You aren't going to need any reinforced parts with just a SP100...

I am unsure what major benefits you would achieve by putting in a teflon cylinder, cylinder head, piston, silent damper, etc with a SP100.  The complete stock cylinder is probably just fine.

(and yes you can get a metal trigger guard: WGC Shop )

He's 100% right, actually...i could have sworn the rifle already comes with an m100 spring, or maybe that's just the real shock. The other upgrades you were talking about (besides the tightbore and barrel spacers) will be a total waste of money with such a low power spring. Not only do you not need those parts, they won't even increase your fps more than 5-8. Your stock internals will last very very long with the m100. ;) Springs past m120 need reinforced parts or the sears will die fast. Now I'm just rambling, sorry.

just finished my install on my brand new TM VSR G-SPEC!

the 2 biggest hurdles were drilling out the cylinder and then fitting that darn tiny spring on the piston sear.

Parts List:

TM VSR G-Spec

PSS10 430mm tightbore inner barrel

PSS10 *** spring

PSS10 Piston Sear

PSS10 Trigger Sear

PSS10 Cylinder Release Lever

PSS10 VSR G-Spec Barrel Spacer

haven't chrono'd her yet but i hope i'll be shooting ~***fps with 0.29g SGM bb's. i also hope with the above upgrades, she'll last a decent while. when she breaks, next upgrades will be a Zero Trigger and Teflon Cylinder.

external upgrades will be:

Harris Bipod

Bushnell 1.5-4.5X scope

Killflash

Krylon Camo paint

a BIG +1 to TheBauer for the great VSR upgrade tips on his website

(sorry dude had to edit out a couple of bits regarding the FPS, want to look like im doing my job ;))

Zero triggers are not that expensive, I wouldn't play around with the stand alone sears.

BTW, I am running the ***sp spring right know. We had to cut 1" from the original spring to make it skirmishable. Velocity is an extremely stable (+/- 1-2 deviation) 58* fps. :))

Archived