• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I think the differences are:

AG416:

http://bastardsinc.blogs.com/.shared/image...rized/hk416.jpg

AGC

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/XM8_Rifle.aspx

(Not the best picture, theres probably a better one on the internet somewhere)

ELGM

This seems to be the grenade launher module (hence the name) for the SCAR program for US SOCOM. It is possible that HK's offering of the EGLM was the ag416, or the AGC.

All that you seem to be saying, over and over again, is that there is that the AG416=EGLM=(X)M320.

The AG416, conveniently identical to the (X)M320 and the EGLM and the AG36, does not exist. It's nothing but a marketting gimmick by H&K. The Jane's Defense article cites the EGLM. The alleged AG416 looks identical to the EGLM from the Jane's article. Stangely enough, these all look identical to the (X)M320 and the AG36 when mounted on a Diemaco/Colt Canada C7 or C8.

The only evidence to support the existence of the AG416 is a single mention on H&K's website. They do not have a link to the AG416 nor an article about it. They do, however, have an article about an 'EGLM' and the AG-C, which is nothing but an improved AG36 fitted with rail adaptors. They describe it as having been used by British SF for the 'past two years' on what are, no doubt, Diemaco/Colt Canada C8 Carbines. If it mounts fine on C8s with RAS/RIS foregrips, why would they need to go through the trouble to re-design it for the HK416?

There is no AG416. There is only the AG36/L17A1 and the AG-C/EGLM/M320/L17A2.

How can you not see the difference between the AG416 and the AGC pictured above?

That's an illustration. That's the only difference between the image of the AG-C/M320/L17A2 that you showed mounted on an XM8 and the image with the same launcher on the HK416.

Here's the real thing (AG-C/L17A2/M320), set-up as a stand alone launcher:

eglmleft.jpg

The identical launcher mounted on the HK416, from the image you linked to:

hk416.jpg

Differences? None.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
That's an illustration. That's the only difference between the image of the AG-C/M320/L17A2 that you showed mounted on an XM8 and the image with the same launcher on the HK416.

Here's the real thing (AG-C/L17A2/M320), set-up as a stand alone launcher:

eglmleft.jpg

The identical launcher mounted on the HK416, from the image you linked to:

hk416.jpg

Differences? None.

They aren't the same holy self proclaimed expert...

To make it simple for you all, the 416's GL has a different way of breaking open and an integrated rail mount.

There isn't much information out on the net about it since it's an ongoing project.

I hate it when airsoft tards pretend to know something about real firearms.

People like you make me look bad when I tell other shooters that I play airsoft...

Here are some of SMGLee's pictures from Shot and another one I dug up:

hk017xq9.jpg

hk015hl7.jpg

hk016vn8.jpg

73171025amz9xbsrpq0.jpg

xm320glmwn8.jpg

jan04-milit-ieroci-6.jpg

Archived