The Complete APS 2/96 Thread

The Chef

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A strange request perhaps but here goes.. I'm trying to identify the cylinder type in the snow wolf m24 as there are tons of conflicting reports to it being either proprietary, aps2 or vsr. As far as i uderstand the only real difference in aps2 and vsr cylinders is dimension wise so the question is - what are the outside dimensions of an aps2 cylinder? Length and diameter would be ideal if someone could measure theirs out for me.

Thanks for any help you may offer, if its the wrong place to ask just kick me out and ill keep looking elsewhere :)

Yeah that bit of info did come up in my searches, PDI also makes the hopup unit specifically for the SW M24 now. After some more digging and trying to identify my version of the rifle it looks ilke it is indeed the APS compatible one with it beeing the SW-04 so i am just going to take the plunge and purchase some bits for it and see what fits. If anyone is interested i can update on how it went, possibly make a definitive list of what works.

• 8 months later...

Looking to do some more upgrades to my type 96 in the near future. Probably going to PDI route. Does anyone know the ideal barrel length for their Palsonite VC. Is stock length sufficent or does this cylinder set allow a longer barrel.

To go along with that I think I will put an ER hop using a PDI hopup unit. Anyone done the ER hop mod to the PDI unit? just wondering how easy it is to open up the hopup window etc. What kind of range and accuracy results?

Hej Tarr. I can tell you that the SW M24 that uses the APS cylinder is similar to the APS except for the spindle where you attach the bolt handle. This is compatible with the VSR bolt handle. So if you want to upgrade the cylinder itself you can't use the APS cylinder. But airsoftpro and PDI make cylinders for the SW M24.

The internals are also APS compatible except for the hop/barrel unit. The sear that catches the piston is already steel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived