The Complete APS 2/96 Thread

The Chef

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fire support sell gaurder .28s and digicon .3s

i ordered some 0.28 guarders from these chaps, and got a bag of 0.28's, but they were nameless, and arent consistent, and i'm thinking i was just sent a bag of random rounds... be careful.

I'm trying to find a 350fps spring for mine and I can't get one anywhere. :(

give actionhobbys a bell. the guy is dead helpful, and when i bought my warrior, he suggested shipping it with a 350 spring fitted, and a 500(ish!) loose to fit myself, but i didnt bother, as i wanted the higher fps.

what i'm jibbering about is he may have some 350 springs in stock, or at least be able to get one for you.

hope this helps,

shmook

i was also wondering actually , having only played at my local site , if this and the 350fps limit on ALL guns is a common requirement amongst other sites?

Nope not at all. Random question, do you play in wales? My spotter went to Uni in wales and his local site has bio only rules and lower fps limits than here.

But his is the only site I know of that asks for bio only bbs, and all the sites I play at have at the lowest a 400fps rule for single action sniper rifles and at most a 500fps rule.

it does seem a little wierd to me that they wont allow higher power single

action guns , but its thier site , thier rules - i'll just have to try harder :P

does anyone have a spare 50mm scope sunshade lying about they want to sell

or alternatlivly a uk retailer that will sell me one?

if anyone has any scope parts lyring about im also looking for one

of those screw on covers that go over the dials.

Sorry to double post but its been some time since my last post and i have a question.

Do the 2 holes that sit either side of the nozzel on the type 96 cylinder head do anything?

are they there for a reason?

i ask because today a bb got into the gap where the cylinderhead rests and when the bolt came forward it

pressed itself into the hole and was stuck there. i had to dissassemble the gun to remove it. if the

hole hadnt been there then it would have continued to rattle about and i would have been able to find it

and probably work it loose by shaking the gun about a bit.

any thoughts?

Does someone know what the actual manufacturer of the "Mauser" L96 clone sold by the infamous Cybergun? I need to:

- Show my friend he paid too much for his.

- Find out what spare parts are compatible.

Thanks. (I did search, huh!)

BTW (Rant): Don't you think that Cybergun is taking their "Licensed Trades" issue too far? I mean, sticking a brand name on the wrong gun... :o

I just use an alen wrench in the hole and against the nozzle.

Do NOT do this or you'll risk bending the nozzle.

Use a pair of long-nosed pliers and stick one point in each hole then twist the cylinder head off.

THIS is the correct tool for the job and you can make something similar out of a length of flat alloy plate with a couple of holes in the end and screws stuck through.

Here's a pic of the one I made:-

Cylindertool.jpg

Does someone know what the actual manufacturer of the "Mauser" L96 clone sold by the infamous Cybergun? I need to:

- Show my friend he paid too much for his.

- Find out what spare parts are compatible.

Thanks. (I did search, huh!)

BTW (Rant): Don't you think that Cybergun is taking their "Licensed Trades" issue too far? I mean, sticking a brand name on the wrong gun... :o

I believe that it is the same as Well.

All the parts of Type 96 are compatible.

Bjorn

Just wanted to let you know that I just received Maruzen Type 96 original hopup rubber, KM HEAT Type 96 tightbore barrel and King Arms 14mm- silencer adapter.

All came from Dentrinity in 1 week. My recommendations to these guys. The new rubber and tightbore gave me over 30fps extra!

To my regret the silencer adapter did NOT fit to the outer barrel. As it seems the original end cap has a positive threading whilst the king arms adapter has a negative threading that goes to the outer barrel and also negative threading to where the silencer attaches.

This is exacly why I asked in the forums previous to buying this silencer attachement and I was reassured that this fits. ######s.

I must say - now my Mauser is shooting pretty damn well. All together a good 140m/s average. Going to see how it field-tests is 2 weeks.

Bjorn

Bjorn

I was interested in getting an l96 this summer. I've read this whole thread, and a fair number of reviews and have pretty much settled on the well/utg or the agm. The trouble is that literally everything I have read about the agm is contradictory.. I understand that in the long one both would need a large amount of money to get competitive, but which presents a better stater platform? Of course I could be completely wrong, I just thought you were the people to ask.

Archived