G&G L85 broken

sniper vinny

I thought I read that the accuracy was ok but had room for improvement.I could have miss read it.

We have 4 L85's all of them at about 60' start a bad right or left turn.Any suggestions?

All are upgraded to our field limits and run 9.6 2400 Batt. otherwise stock

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry chap I have no idea as mine is running stock and is the most accurate rifle I own (just pipping the TM M14 at range).

I would cleane the barrel out if I were you and if you still have problems try replacing the hop bucking.

You may also have the hop up set too high ,causing it to pinch the rounds

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I've got the same problem on my G&G L85.... :(

But I've discover a way to convert it to use Marui piston. Here's the way I make the modification :

I've compared different brand of pistons, and finally make an "extend-piece" so that Marui's piston can use this 'add-on' to make it the same length as the G&G.

4-piston.jpg

Here's a closer view of the DIY 'add-on' piece.

NEW-PISTON.jpg

Also I've replacd the sector gear with a CA's one, so that it'll make the piston move the ssame stroke distance as Marui. IT WORKS!!!

DSC00719.jpg

GGSA-GEAR-1.jpg

GGSA-PISTON.jpg

I hope this method can help you guys :rolleyes:

I am sorry to hear so many problems with your L85. There are good ones out there. I bought mine from AEX here in the states...luckly they are only about four miles from my house...well maybe not so lucky for my wallet....:) Anyway I bought mine about 2 months ago, it has NOT been downgraded. I did disable the autocycle bolt. It looked cool but too me it was just a waste of battery. Anyway From the very beginning I used a 9.6v 2000 mHa intellect battery and it has been through 3 extended skirmishes so far, and it works like a champ....knock on wood! It has a very high rate of fire, but I only shoot it in bursts of up to 10 rds or so. I chrono'd it when I got it and it was shooting 392fps. When I chrono'd at the last skirmish I had it in, it is still shooting 390's, note this was on a different chrono. I would recommend this weapon to anyone. I get a lot of comments over here on how they like it and an awful lot of curious looks....this is M4 land remember...:) I just got a Tanaka AICS in OD and it said "export" only version, I also got that from AEX and it shoots high 400 to very low 500fps on 134a and it does NOT have the PCS bolt either I am gonna post on another foum looking for an explanation to that one. Now all I need to fill out my kit as you brits. say is a set of british camo's preferebly desert and I am good to go! Do not loose faith in G&G! It is my 1st G&G and I would definately buy another one.

Cheers,

RazorOne

Free your mind and you *albatross* will follow....

"United States Navy Combat Aircrew"

Tanaka M700 AICS export version

2007 ICS M4A1 full stock w/CA M203

TM S-System

TM MP-5 RAS w/ CA full stock

G&G L85A1

TM Socom Mk23

TM MP7

KWA USP

• 1 year later...

My new G&G L85A2 broke on the first skirmish. I bought it form WGC (www.wgcshop.com) for USD380.00

Problem No. 1 (piston & rack gear) & 2 (motor)

The motor was set too loose. As I was firing full auto with the bolt catch locked back (Remember the cock-hook-&-look routine?) suddenly the rifle sounded like an electric drill. I knew I was in trouble. Damage was already done. Two teeth on the rack gear were completely chewed. The rack gear of the L85 piston is (1) very weak and (2) immensely difficult to find stock. I ended up finding an Army Armament part. You should note that the G&G original part has one less tooth on the rack gear. This apparently help with the semi-auto. You perhaps noticed already that semi-auto on the G&G and Army Armament SA80s jam readily if pull the trigger too rapidly due the the "pre cocking" feature.

I've spent much time tuning the motor height to optimise the engagement with the bevel gear. I haven't managed to make the G&G sound as smooth as the Army Armament so far.

Problem No.3 (blowback catch inside the receiver)

Keeps coming lose even I lock back the bolt-catch most of the time. Army Armament does not have this problem.

Problem No. 4 (fore grip)

There is a gap between the metal plates inside the base of the fore grip (see picture) No such non-sense with Army Armament. Also see the reply from G&G when I wrote to enquire about this manufacturing defect.

All in all, not a good experience.

Erik

Email exchange with G&G:

***START***

There is an answer back from our technicant, gap you saw was normal and I had check some of L85A2 in our warehouse they comes out just like the picture that you provide, there was tolerance on the parts, it is defficult for the gaps to be merged.

Best Regards

Jack

----- Original Message -----

To: G&G ARMAMENT Support Dept. <mailto:support@guay2.com>

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 11:40 AM

Subject: Re: Product defect

Jack,

Thank you very much for your speedy reply.

Best regards,

On 06/11/2008 11:31, "G&G ARMAMENT Support Dept." <support@guay2.com> wrote:

I will proceed your complain and Back to you ASAP

Regards

Jack

----- Original Message -----

To: support@guay2.com

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 11:13 AM

Subject: Product defect

Dear Sir,

I bought a G&G L85A2 form WGC of Hong Kong about a month ago.

I enquired about the gap between the metal plates on the underside of the fore grip. Please see the attachment. WGC acknowledge that there is a manufacturing defect and will contact the manufacturer, namely yourselves.

Over a month has passed and WGC had no result for me.

Would you please advise what G&G is going to do in respect of rectifying the problem? Please let me know if you need a copy of the receipt.

Yours faithfully,

***END***

G&G should just build something that fits the requirements for the destination country.

Erik.

Hi Erik

This is good posting that will bring the G&G's attention, I am sure this discussion will reflect back to G&G's Top management and see what can they do about it.~ but I don't expect you put my name on it~ HA~~

Hi Erik

This is good posting that will bring the G&G's attention, I am sure this discussion will reflect back to G&G's Top management and see what can they do about it.~ but I don't expect you put my name on it~ HA~~

Hi Top Tech,

May I dare to guess you're an insider. Your screen name happens to co-insides with the name of a new line of pneumatic blow-back M4s made by G&G I saw at WGC last Saturday.

Maybe you can feed the word back up the food-chain at G&G. As far as I'm concerned, some teething problem with the A1 is inevitable and marginally forgivable. While, not setting the height of the motor to meshing the pinion and bevel gears correctly on the A2 couple years later is not only bad quality control but also negligent. The sound of the gear box also makes me wonder whether the gears are shimmed optimally. The gap between the metal plates on the underside of the fore grip is also bafflingly indefensible.

At a price that is almost four fold that of a typical Mainland Chinese AEG, this is disappointing. I was expecting better.

I truly hope the Top Tech M4s will be reliable right form the start.

Regards,

Erik.

• 4 months later...

Hello.

Being the owner of a freshly broken L85 piston (stripped pick-up tooth), I'm curious if anyone that modded a Marui piston to work in the L85 did a chrono test. Shorter piston would mean less air being displaced, hence dropped speed. I'm looking for a replacement now, and frankly I'm not sure what to go for, replacement part for G&G piston, or going for modified Marui.

Anyone care to correct/confirm my theory with some figures ?

Regards.

Archived