Quality BBs?

camilion705

From what I have read, it seems that that Marui .30 BB is very high quality, meaning it is actaully round and has a polished finish, but what would one use if a .30 isn't quite heavy enough.

Yes, I am trying to dance around the 1j rule... But a heavier bb is also needed when the wind is up or for punching through brush.

The Straight BBs are the only heavier BBs, but from what I have read they are inconsistent in diameter and roundness and have a poor finish. This would result in less than desirable groupings compared to a higher quality bb.

What I am getting at is, why does the airsoft sniper community settle for less than perfect heavy BBs?

Part of why I bring this up is because I will be ordering a VSR G-Spec with a bunch of internal goodies and want to get good heavy BBs with some Marui Superiors when I order.

Tbh mate, i use Digicon Straigh .36 with the plastic finish NOT teflon coated.

I dont have much problem with these, and i have Guarder .28 and SGM .29.

i think alot of BB's are over rated, they are after all only bb's so you shouldnt expect amazing results, i use these with little problems.

Yeah granted, I use straight .36's and havent had any trouble with them. Even the .43's fare pretty well, but its been ages since I used them last.

The graphite coated ones work OK, but obviously they have more of a chance of getting an inconsistent hop with the graphite bit.

I use only straights non-graphite-coated 0.43, because other bbs are too light for my gun. They are far more accurate than coated versions. The problem is you can't know are you getting coated or non coated ones, since i have never seen at any store two different kind of bags (i have to order them, because local shops doesn't have heavy bb's). Or maybe Straight doesn't do coated bb's anymore =). But all in all i wish that some brand starts to make heavy and good quality bb's weighting 0.40-0.50 grams.

I use only straights non-graphite-coated 0.43, because other bbs are too light for my gun. They are far more accurate than coated versions. The problem is you can't know are you getting coated or non coated ones, since i have never seen at any store two different kind of bags (i have to order them, because local shops doesn't have heavy bb's). Or maybe Straight doesn't do coated bb's anymore =). But all in all i wish that some brand starts to make heavy and good quality bb's weighting 0.40-0.50 grams.

Hmmmm, your gun must be pretty hot......

A 0.4 gram BB fired at 232fps would be your naughty point, so a 0.5 gram could only really be fired at 208fps. I am guessing your gun is firing around 400-450 with 0.2's? I personally would run a mile from you with that gun.....

Hmmmm, your gun must be pretty hot......

A 0.4 gram BB fired at 232fps would be your naughty point, so a 0.5 gram could only really be fired at 208fps. I am guessing your gun is firing around 400-450 with 0.2's? I personally would run a mile from you with that gun.....

Thats actually not that bad to get hit with at a distance. Something I'm more scared of are those gas pistols that shoot 550 with Red Gas and are as accurate as a real steel gun 0.o

www.airsoftmechanics.com did a review on bb's however i believe they were .2's only. It probably wouldnt hurt to email them and ask them to do a review on some heavier bb's :)

Thats actually not that bad to get hit with at a distance.  Something I'm more scared of are those gas pistols that shoot 550 with Red Gas and are as accurate as a real steel gun 0.o 

www.airsoftmechanics.com did a review on bb's however i believe they were .2's only.  It probably wouldnt hurt to email them and ask them to do a review on some heavier bb's :)

Hmmmm, 0.2 grams traveling at 375mph :P Or 2.8 Joule's of energy Ouch! Love to have a go of one though ;)

csem-it:

I have two springs i use: one that gives exactly 394 fps with 0.43bbs ( 577 fps with 0.2) and hevier spring what gives 449 fps with 0.43 bullets ( 659 fps with 0.2). I prefer first spring, because cycling gun is still pretty light and it gives satisfactory power and accuraccy. With the hevier spring 0.43 starts to get too light and it has not so good accuraccy, can't even hit properly target wich is over 200ft, but the maximum range is over 300ft (tested).

I can't use the heavier spring at any events or every places. But one thing surprised me really: that monster spring was sold to me at pdi's 300% spring and I couldn't know that my gun was shooting so hard and therefor i bought again pdi spring, but this time 200% and that is also surprisingly effective. I suggest everyone who have pdi's hevier springs shuold chrono their guns before they use their guns. :)

In Finland is acceptible to use almost every skirmishes snipers at about 3 joule power (except in cqb :P ). Finally, I don't shoot people under than 20 meters with the lighter spring and if somebody can get too close, I'll use my Hicapa 4.3 or get away from the enemy and then shoot. :D

Thats actually not that bad to get hit with at a distance.  Something I'm more scared of are those gas pistols that shoot 550 with Red Gas and are as accurate as a real steel gun 0.o 

what gas pistol shoots that hard and is actually accurate? O_o

anyways, I only use SGM's, ive had bad experiences with heavier rounds.

My rifle isn't one of these high fps death machines, and that's the way I like it (at 350fps). I prefer doing the stalking myself insted of relying on range (not much point in woodland anyway ;) )

Anyway, I use Stealth .25s (not much need for heavier). I haven't had any problems with them at all.

ics stealth .25s are friggin amazing... sometimes i find it hard to see it in my 50 scope (then again my vsr's at a high fps 'death machine' as you said lol)

i use them Xtreme Precision ones by airsoft scotland. £15 for 3000ish .30g bbs. they've worked perfect and i've had no problems with them on a un-modded hop unit. and a tightbore.

Our next film project will include test firing from the same rifles with our current selection of pellets....

STRAIGHT 0.43g

STRAIGHT 0.36g whites

SIIS 0.30g

HFC 0.30g

MARUZEN 0.30g

MARUZEN 0.29g SGM

G+P 0.28g

MARUI 0.25g

I prefere the SIIS 0.30g at the moment tbh for my Tanaka M40a1. But not tried my limited supply of 0.29g SGM in it yet... saving them for the film. Not really tried the 0.36g in it either. Just run it in on 0.28g mainly and cheap HFC 0.30g. Still not had 1000 pellets through it and much grease still coming out of the action.

I did used to rate the 0.36g in my APS2 MK2 SPORTER. :D

Shops should break down packs of different weights rebag them in trial sizes and sell a card with numerous weights/brands on at a nice price.

edit: SKORN: I use 0.25g in guns around that power or less. SOCOM, M14 G-SPEC and find them good enough. I stick to MARUI 0.25g these days... GUARDER 0.25g are also good so suggest you try to land some 0.28g GUARDER from FIRESUPPORT, if you decide to go heavier.

Good Hunting ;)

i agree skorn, .25 on that power.

and bushman, i can happily donate around 50-100 shots of teflon coated digicon .30g

and them xtreme precision .30g whites for your dvd and for a consistant review with the exact same gun.

just pay postage and it'll be cool.

it'll also help for the guys wanting to know which IS the best ammo

(but then again, IMO every gun has its own personality, same model of gun might like different brand or weight of ammo. it just is. no idea why)

edit: before you freak out. im not in hong kong. im FROM hong kong but im currently in the UK stealing all your megahurtz. so the postage wont cost you half an arm :)

Urban Ninja : thanks for the offer I will defo take you up on it when I make the film. Stay tuned. We will test them in several different guns in the film on the same targets.

We will use several of the same type of rifles to demonstrate what you said about variations. The rifles we will use are not worn out and are pretty new and all ordered at the same time. So a great benchmark to illustrate numerous factors.

I must say the pellets I am keen to get for the test are often out of stock when we order stuff and so far they have eluded me.... SIIS 0.33g .... I suggest they could be a great pellet and compromise between the usual 0.30g and STRAIGHT 0.36g

Happy Hunting ;)

• 2 weeks later...

www.airsoftmechanics.com did a review on bb's however i believe they were .2's only.  It probably wouldnt hurt to email them and ask them to do a review on some heavier bb's :)

Done. I already bugged him. =D

So where do you get these Digicon BBs that aren't graphite-coated? I can only find the silver ones. =(

EDIT: RedWolf has them. Durrrrr.

Archived