Webtex Concealment Vest

Dist

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks pretty good wall

And effective in this time of the year

cheers for the compliment. its incredibly effective. more so than i expected anyway.

as for the pics of the zipties, im feeling lazy now, but ill get some this weekend. its real simple. attach the zip tie without pulling it tight, so u have a sort of loop. then wrap the strip of matirial round maybe twice and pull the tie tight.

oh dear...

a little tip i found that works better, is to separate the hood from the vest and attatch it to a boonie/ bush hat. this means u can turn ur head and not have the hood stay still and cover ur eyes. its rather simple to do aswell as the hood is attached by velcro and metal pop-clips, and has a draw string which can be sewn onto the hat.

• 1 month later...

Not seen that 2nd one before looks like a cheap copy and there using the web tex name.

and they cant even spell ghillie correctly :@ grrrr

get the first one :)

edit:

the 2nd link, saysthe picture is not the correct model, so it should be the same as the first link. as thats the only one webtex advertise in there brochure.

iirc SAS have bit of a bad rep, in the amount of time it takes to get and send you your product.

www.armynnavy.com go there postage is included on site, there one of my local surplus stores and are great, they sell the webtex ghillie cape on there.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Do you guys use burlap or just natural materials?

Cheers,

on mine I am first going to burlap it, competely, wookie style

Then cut down certain sections to give it some "fluff" and depth, it seems easier to do it this way then to do it as i'm adding the material.

Then add strips of various stuff, I use "woodland" huntercam cut into strips, some burlap, some twine, ect. ect. It depends what area I am trying to cover (armpits and things like that get extra attention)

Then local cam gets put into the elastic strips when necessary.

It seems like alot, and it probably is a bit overboard, but thats the ways I does it, without local camo its a dark green/brown based ghillie that is a little "leafy" and when it is really green I add local cam, the only time it isn't effective is late fall/winter when the 2$ white painters suit comes out.

One thing to note, is the hood has a tiedown thing that would probably end up strangling me to death, so I ended up cutting it and attaching it to the shoulders with cinchs and paracord.

if you want to attach material your best using burlap/hessian as it weathers better as it is natural,dont use cut up bdus ect.

your ghillie should go by a 60/40 % ratio, 60 % being natural vegetation and 40% being hessian/burlap.

these work great with just natural foliage, but ive found my ghillie hs been working even better since using it covered in a lare of hessian first.

ive gone for a browner base as well so it should work better in the autum/winter months than the green base

FINALLY ordered myself one of these ^_^ now to get some burlap and other material from ebay.

BY FAR the easiest way ive found with mine, is getting jute thread, and bending up a paperclip to form a "hook", hold 2 or so strands under the vest, hook and pull it through, much stronger than sewing netting to the netting...

//about 3 hours in, and a sad amount done, there is ALOT of surface area on this suit!

Archived