Webtex Concealment Vest

Dist

Just a few hours ago my paypal dispute has been closed and paypal decided me the winner by default because the seller didnt respond within 10 days of the escalation of the dispute.

all i have to do now is hope the SAS jackass has enough money in his paypal account for paypal to give me the money (can take up to 5 days before i know for sure if he has the money or not), if he doesnt have the money i have to wait either for him to pay money into the account (which will automaticaly go to me or previous dispute victims) or wait for some unfortunate person to buy from his store, which will put money into his paypal account.

Bushman them pictures look cool, the only noticble thing that could give you away is the shadow in the thired picture, although i daubt this will be noticible as much if you had a gun infront of you which had similar camo on it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well my ordeal is finally over. Paypal put the funds directly into my bank account (sinces the funds came from there when i ordered though paypal).

I think ill give airsoft scotland a ring since ive done buisness with them before and know they are trustworthy, and hope they have it in stock.

Yes good plan bushman, continue in here :P.

My foliage patches turned up about 20 mins ago, yes!. I've got a pretty good idea of where I'm putting the sticky ones on my vsr, but do you suggest that I put any iron on ones on my dpm trousers? Wondering, as I'm quite tall and bearlike the concealment vest doesn't cover so much of my legs up when prone.

Copied this from the perch thread as i felt it was relevant here:

I have tried different methods but quickly discovered this was my favourite as easy and if done properly basicly doubles up the how much grass effect you can get from 30 mins work. I find the best way to add the grass foliage, is to:

1) Use one hand, to lift the elastic loop, up.

2) While you put your other thumb and finger, under/through the elastic loop and clasp the bundle of foliage in the centre.

3) Then withdraw your fingers holding the foliage, so that it is bent double with the centre portion coming under/through the elastic loop.

4) Try to get the bent end of the local cam, to be lower down on the finished suit. This will encourage the foliage you add to appear to be growing up rather than hanging down.

5) Make sure you pull the bent end through, so that half of the foliage is on either side of the loop.

6) Break just a couple of the pieces of foliage near the bent end, to disguise the loop of foliage. You need the bend in the foliage, if possible. It is trying to naturaly spring apart and this helps it stay in place over longer periods.

7) Check tension on the elastic loop. If it is still not very tight, use the same method to add another bundle of foliage to the same loop.

8) Use one or two different types of foliage sporadically to break it up. Look at a piece of ground the size of your vest and study it to see how many ferns it needs compared to grass. ferns are held in by threading them through several loops from the top of the suit. This is how you get the ferns to "stand up" and look natural.

The iron on patches would indeed be good on your trousers but be sure to position them where foliage will cause minimum noise by rubbing as your legs move. In other words position the loops towards the front/rear outside of the leg. You will not need many at all. Perhaps only 2 on each thigh and 1 on each calf. I was with a hunter who uses foliage loops on his vintage trousers last weekend and we discussed them. I need to stitch some on before autumn.

Be warned they can make silent upright stalking harder due to rustling on other foliage as you pass by. Hence why up until now I have not even bothered with leg camo. Silent stalking is one of my main game strengths/plays and therefore something I do not want to compromise. Espescially when combined with my strongest sense being that of hearing.

more pictures of the vest on the test...

S6001148.jpg

This first picture shows that even though the local cam is completely out of place here (too light) it still pulls it off, at least in 2D anyway. Indeed the camera see's things differently from human vision as we have binocular vision and therefore get more sense of depth. It is easier to fool the camera than the eye.

S6001153.jpg

This photograph demonstartes that no matter how much local cam you have; if you are silhouetted you will be seen (unless high up in a tree :spidy:). The hood is excellent and worth spending abit more time on adding cam. Here i am also wearing a USMC short peaked woodland cap with scrim and ghillie mainly sewn on the front and peak. Also loops for local cam to be attached over the peak are used.

S6001147.jpg

The third picture shows the front of the vest and its effect if crouched. Notice the glint from my watch that again will get you seen. :o

S6001141.jpg

Here we see how it conceals the outline that immediatly draws the human eye.

S6001154.jpg

Lastly this shows a typical stalking pose. In a game, at that time of year, I guess I would really wear my olive, rather than brown trousers. Notice also, how covert the mk23 pistol is and how as a primary rather than a traditional rifle, you can fully utilise your ability to move and hide. That strength of using a small gun is demonstrated in the film above too.

Happy Hunting ;)

Those photos look good, although i haven't had time to check out the vid yet :(

just a quickie. <phanaar>

If you're not up for full leg cam, then i would highly recommend 1943 pattern SAS windproof trousers as an alternative or as i use them, as an overtrouser:

sast1.jpg

sast2.jpg

(note: pics nabbed from an ebay sale, as i cant find any pics of mine on this pc)

For what you/we want to use them for i personally think that the camouflage pattern, baggy design, tiecord waist and windproofness makes them excelent overtrousers to use with a Ghillie suit / concealment vest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Bushman,

I saw your latest video on youtube and i liked it. I noticed that you are wearing camelbak with some concealment. I have also the webtex concealment vest, but usually i only use my camelbak thermobak. How did you add the vegetation and other concealment to your camelbak? I think i going to put some elastic loops on mine, but i like to now how did you do it, because i think that worked pretty well.

Webtex concealment Vest is great. It works well on its own but i find that some burlab (im not sure whats the right word) tied straight to the elastic loops makes vest better when you are lazy to add enough natural camo. Its easy to add vegetation to the loop that allready have burlap tied. I tied burlaps so lightly that they are quite easy to remove if wanted.

The video IILARI is discussing is HERE.

The 3ltr Camelback simply had 2 common o'garden olive bungees (used to put up a basha amongst other things) added. They were simply hooked onto the existing cargo loops and then threaded through in as many different angles as possible. Then hooked on to give just enough tension. Once both bungees are attached simply stuff it full of grass and also the sections where the shoulder straps go inside the camelback to emphasise the camo on the shoulders.

I had the Webtex vest with me for that shoot, but decided against it as I was lazy (the camelback only takes 5 mins to cam up.) However the main reason I decided against it was the fact that I knew what situation I would be getting into:

A game versus a static observor in a long grass field. Therefore, I knew crawling would be the key, also use of dead ground, to move as far as possible before having to be exposed to advance. Crawling in such cover would just require my head and back to be camo'ed and keeping the rest of me smooth enough to slide through the grass with minimal disturbance and friction/noise and snagging.

The field is mainly green grass, but when viewed from a distance, looking through all the heads of grass, makes it look tan. I therefore prefered my desert camelback and trusty, weathered algerian jacket, over the dark green base of the webtex.

Lastly I stuffed grass into my hat and the elastics on my rifle. We were not allowed to cam up on the arena (or walk it even) and I had to pull up grass roots to get the lighter colours I wanted rather than lush green.

I should have not fired my 4th shot (in hindsight) but the pressure of the time limit and already missing twice, I decided to risk it <_< as confident I could bring back my hit rate to 50%. With the wind the way it was, I was very happy with 7 out of 10 hits on the target in the end.

As the ferns and grass still has a month left in them, a Webtex is not essential. However once the foliage begins to weep, a webtex will come into its own (Autumn). Take note and invest now is my advice to get this back ontopic.

Good Hunting ;)

are there any distributors in the US?

I couldn't find one either and ordered one from this UK shop:

http://www.ironfoot-industries.com

It was shipped to the USA by Royal Mail 1st class small packet 3-5 day working day delivery. The postage was £11.72 unrecorded or £15.22 recorded.

I emailed Graham for the total cost in US$ and sent payment via paypal. It got here fast and the customer service was very good.

• 2 weeks later...

They look good, I've fancied some for a while to do my ancient favourite summer jacket. The disadvantage of them compared to the wevtex vest, is that the vest has one heck of a lot of elastics compared.

Therefore the webtex is a full concealment system while those patches are a lighter weight upper body option, in my opinion. They would allow better movement though. Just concentrate on shoulders (front and back) plus hat. Also think how you shoulder your rifle before adding them to your front.

Good Luck ;)

Archived